#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-15-2019, 08:05 PM   #43
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I'd take a carbon lid since I have the carbon theme. I'd planned on giving my lid to trufiber all ready to make. I asked the other day about warpage and how much heat the epoxy or resin can take he said it was more of a cosmetic issue of the clear coat lifting or gazing.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:30 AM   #44
ramairroughneck

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
My observations to this point are only visual since mine isn't going on till later this month after I get the billet crank engine back in. I wasn't referring to collapsing the brick as it's pretty beefy, but I do believe that this combined with the lid will be a severe choke point, when though? That is TBD. Don't get me wrong, def not knocking it at all. I too was waiting on the Maggie and I too hated the LS3 Edelbrock "boat anchors" we called them back then haha saying I would never buy one, but after Mag pushed the est release back again, I happened to have a 2650 fall in my lap, the only one at Edelbrock and their sales dept was confused as they didn't even think the LT4 version was released yet. So, EDF's review has me excited about it.

I've already got Griptec pulleys being cut for it, the cooling manifold billet inlets being water jet, and the lid spacer done to be water jet until I get the carbon lids printed. So, I'll get this stuff completed and tested and you can let me know if any of it interests you!
I am anxious to see your improvements. I really believe a spacer would be worthwhile and PD blowers could always use better cooling. Looking forward to your findings
ramairroughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:16 PM   #45
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

A Few results on the 2650 85.51% humidity Temp 75

2017 ZL1 w LTH, stock TB GM Box w Grn Filter all results on same Mustang Dyno

LT4 OEM no mods 551rwhp 567 rwtq

LT4 641 RWHP 597 RWTQ 9.2 Lower stock intake & TB

All through the stock TB and stock box

2650 3.75 pulley 620/613 11 psi
2650 3.50 pulley 637/616 12.5 psi
2650 3.25 pulley 644/633 13.5 psi
2650 3.00 pulley 666/ 636 15 psi

High side fuel pressure 20 mpa low side 75 to 73psi the dynamic air is dying up top needs a good CAI and higher lift cam (Patrick from Vararam also think the blade on the TB may not be fully opened we will definitely ck this on the next stage)

Vararam and 103MM 701 rwhp 667 rwtq IATs very good I'll have to get data for them.. looks to have picked up a real 35 hp.. and this is the one that's being released as a no tune..

My special horn intake w (secret size dia inch) built for me caused the high side fuel pressure to drop 800 psi afr was still 12.4 I think but not safe to keep using.. max power is a secret on this one as soon as I get the heads, cam, and hi side fuel done.. its going to love this intake!

It doesn't look great on paper but it drives 100x times better. Probably Matt's doing.. but, I fell no more of that bog and it drives smother. I lost that little turbo feel where if you keep the pedal pressure pretty constant but you can see the rpms are still climbing then all the sudden you can feel a little boost or what turbo guys call lag. I can definitely feel the extra torque for sure! Also blower whine is there constantly until the exhaust get to loud lol..

1000 hp stage Scheduled for Feb 2 maybe earlier since he will be bombarded with 2k work.

If I'm being honest and IATs don't matter and your never swapping cams, spend the money on the OEM blower porting and 103 TB. When you over spin the oem blower your fighting an Octane issue now we have a large blower and it's hard to feed air into it.. The good thing is Matt's done a lot of whipples so will be able to see some comparisons he told me his dyno is pretty stingy if the setup makes 770 it be like 850 on a dyno jet. Exactly where I want to be on 93..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 01-19-2019, 06:37 PM   #46
Dnorris1369

Drives: 2018 ss
That’s good news. I’m doing heads and cam now in preparation to get my hands on one quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dnorris1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 05:28 PM   #47
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

I need to change my opinion I got a lot road time behind it today.. if you go by numbers on paper then its probably better to port your stock blower.. but, after driving it around today it was worth the money.. I can't feel any bogging anymore, the power is just as instant as before and the plus side it doesn't feel like its out of breath towards to end of the powerband. I think the best thing is it felt easier to drive and shifts seemed easier.. I love the whine it seemed like the OEM you could hear more in the 4000 rpm range this one is whining instantly until the exhaust over powers it. The power felt the same all the time car hot or cold I dont think you would have those results overspinning and porting the stock. I wish there was someone in the area that could do a few runs with me. Someone just pulley'd and ported..

Old 01-25-2019, 10:26 AM   #48
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Forgot to post the pull!

Old 02-07-2019, 09:18 PM   #49
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Snapped this pic of the blower while snout being ported to 112mm..

dyno pull of the 2650, DSX low side, NW 103mm, and Vararam intake..
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2019, 10:47 AM   #50
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Big Brick!
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2019, 12:33 PM   #51
regnouy37

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
How is the your fueling doing with the DSX low side, and do you have any cooling mods planned for the future?
regnouy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 03:31 PM   #52
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Sow far we have only tested the blower with the stock lower, 3.0 upper, headers, and a few intakes. About 15 psi all bound up and couldn't breath The low side stayed constant at 73/75 psi I went for the eforce because it was the hp range that I was looking for without having to do any extra cooling That was the basis of my decision going on LPE testing. All the whipple and Maggie 2300 builds I saw needed one of the following..RACE FUEL, Heat exchangers, Reservoirs, or meth. Of course it will never hurt to have any of them.. hopefully this holds true on actually data logging on the street. Nothing was out of the ordinary we didn't wait hours between runs we literally made pass after pass and only swapped intakes between some runs and that takes less than 5 min.

I'll probably buy a tank that holds more capacity and mount where the crush reinforce is that way I won't need another pump or extra lines.

On this topic don't forget the air temperature entering the blower before its compressed makes a difference as Vararam proved with my OEM lt4 blower.. we did several runs with the major manufacturers CAI and his prototype the air coming is was lower temp by a lot, the velocity was better, as result this lowered the MV reading of the O2 and caused no knock retard and saw almost 3 degrees of timing during long pulls I kinda thought intakes are a waste of money for hp but I was wrong.. we did this all on a tuned car not a stock car then tune on top of the intake and some power is from the tune and some from the CAI intake. On the dyno we saw past 35 rwhp.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:20 PM   #53
regnouy37

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Sow far we have only tested the blower with the stock lower, 3.0 upper, headers, and a few intakes. About 15 psi all bound up and couldn't breath The low side stayed constant at 73/75 psi I went for the eforce because it was the hp range that I was looking for without having to do any extra cooling That was the basis of my decision going on LPE testing. All the whipple and Maggie 2300 builds I saw needed one of the following..RACE FUEL, Heat exchangers, Reservoirs, or meth. Of course it will never hurt to have any of them.. hopefully this holds true on actually data logging on the street. Nothing was out of the ordinary we didn't wait hours between runs we literally made pass after pass and only swapped intakes between some runs and that takes less than 5 min.

I'll probably buy a tank that holds more capacity and mount where the crush reinforce is that way I won't need another pump or extra lines.

On this topic don't forget the air temperature entering the blower before its compressed makes a difference as Vararam proved with my OEM lt4 blower.. we did several runs with the major manufacturers CAI and his prototype the air coming is was lower temp by a lot, the velocity was better, as result this lowered the MV reading of the O2 and caused no knock retard and saw almost 3 degrees of timing during long pulls I kinda thought intakes are a waste of money for hp but I was wrong.. we did this all on a tuned car not a stock car then tune on top of the intake and some power is from the tune and some from the CAI intake. On the dyno we saw past 35 rwhp.
Glad to hear! Looking forward to seeing how your car holds up in the Texas heat and in S2K.
regnouy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:33 PM   #54
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

A few of the goodies for the cam swap..

LPE Cam
LPE pump
CHE trunion upgrade
DSX Flex
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2019, 09:00 PM   #55
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Here are just a few intakes we tested..

https://youtu.be/Najqr4JWLAo

Old 02-10-2019, 09:33 AM   #56
ShizzySupra

Drives: 16' Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Here are just a few intakes we tested..

https://youtu.be/Najqr4JWLAo
That video was crazy busy... just show the graphs. I was also confused by the test.

It was a modified stock airbox with green filter vs VaraRam “standard”. But there is also a “big VaraRam”?

On the last screen it stated the obsession with 5” intakes etc. Fairly proven that a (lets stop being shy and name names) a normal 4” RotoFab is going to see gains over the stock intake/airbox on a boosted application, especially one with a decently spun blower. Now this is “ASSuming” the TB has been upgraded as that ultimately becomes the restriction (ASSuming you have addressed fueling). Now we have multiple full graph back to back tests showing a RotoFab 5” or Cordes 5” greatly outgaining other non-stock intakes. Different shops, different cars, different tuners etc. All with the same results.

Will be curious to see the next video comparison that you teased. Want to see a fairly maxed 2650 Dyno with VaraRam and then a 5” of some sort recalibrated. Heck if VR wants to send me one I will pay for it and do a live dyno/swap/pull/runs no funny business comparison with a Cordes 5” on a maxed 2300 special unit.
ShizzySupra is offline   Reply With Quote