Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-24-2021, 07:22 AM   #29
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Maybe further evidence of the market adjusting is the thread-jacking ad..
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 07:29 AM   #30
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
I don't foresee the market experiencing anything drastic, as far as the remainder of the year goes. Yes, of course, the Camaro MAY have difficulty achieving proper value going into winter... but that is a matter of finding the right dealer to work with. I've traded a couple of sports cars in during the winter, and the time of year had little bearing on those deals.

The same bullsh*t can be said with this chip/production environment we have been seeing for a fair majority of this year. There are absolutely still deals to be had, so don't use any excuse trying to justify paying full MSRP (or even worse, above). That simply isn't true. For those of us who are really determined, the numbers are out there waiting.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 08:40 AM   #31
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Depreciation on Camaros was horrendous.

My 13 ZL1 dropped $9,000 in 3 years, 5,000 miles
My 16 2SS dropped $17,000 in 3 years, 20,000 miles

I did better when I traded my 18 2SS M6 Hot Wheels. It only dropped $5,000 in ~3 years, 21,000 miles (bought well). That was the end of last May. I traded for a certified preowned (6yr/100k) 2SS 1LE M6 with 2,300 miles, for $48,250, from a Dodge dealer that didn't understand the current market ($52k msrp). The car was loaded and virgin (the spring spacers were still in the front coils). I felt it was a smoking deal.

The previous poor resale was driven by Chevy overproducing. There was a glut of new cars on dealer lots with better models still being released. I don't see GM ramping up like that again and no new, better models are coming. I think values will level slightly but stay higher than it was pre-2021

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 09-24-2021 at 09:04 AM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 08:54 AM   #32
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I too would expect prices to go down as we head into the winter month's for these cars.

That said...prices have not gone down...much? I did a 200 mile search for low mileage 2016 - 2017 model SS Camaros (my car being a 2016 with roughly 10K miles on it). I'm seeing prices for 1SS model around 36 to 38K and 2SS from 40 to 42. This is dealer asking prices. No idea what Carvana would offer me now. I tried that months ago and it was around 34K at the time if I recall.
Old 09-24-2021, 09:01 AM   #33
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
they never drop in value here..in fact for a mint unmodded car it'll appreciate as times goes on
Old 09-24-2021, 09:38 AM   #34
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Looking at what is available in my area, I would be crazy to sell my 2020 2SS with 4,800 miles for anything less than $61,500-$62,500... There are 1SS's for sale without MRC, no NPP, no red calipers and an M6 for $51k-$52k (BEFORE Taxes and Fees)... Plus mine has a BUNCH of extras:

- A10 Transmission $1,595
- NPP Dual Mode Exhaust $995
- Magnetic Ride Control $1,695
- Illuminated Footwell lighting $415
- Black Camaro Fender Badge $155
- Red Calipers $395
- Carbon Flash Black Wheels $300
- GMPP CAI $625 (with flash, 50 state legal)
- Black Strut Tower Brace $425
- Embroidered SS Armrest $250
- Sport Pedal Kit $250
- GM Color Matched Splash Guards (Front & Rear) $395
- GMP Black Fuel Door $230
- Trunk All Weather Cargo Mat $165
- GM Black Lugnuts & Locks $325
- GM SS Center Wheel Caps $160

A 2SS with all of the above, BEFORE taxes and all the other fees is $52,070, after taxes and fees it would be roughly $58,000...

Now add in all these upgrades...

- Ceramic Coating $650
- PPF $1,600 (entire front end (front bumper, entire hood, entire front fenders, headlights), mirrors, rockers (including lower quarter panels), lower doors, door handle cups, trunk entrance area)
- Diode Dynamics Smoked Side Markers (LED) $200
- Phastek Hero Smoked Rear Reflectors $25
- Tinted windows $350
- Engine Bay Build Plaque $85
- Mishimoto Catch Can $215 (installed at 15 miles on the odometer and emptied regularly)
- PowerStop Z26 Low Dust Brake Pads $300 (original Brembo Pads incl (400 miles on them))
- ZL1 Add Ons lift points $85
- Range AFM Delete (with Switch) $235
- LED Reverse Lights $30
- Additional Grounding Cable $25
- Painted Brake Rotor Tophats (black) to match the wheels $100
- SS Air Filler Caps $25
- Premium Outdoor/Indoor Car Cover $250
- Extended Warranty $2495 (with wheel warranty)

$6,670 in additional upgrades....

Roughly $64,670 all in...

- Plus anything I replaced, all the original stuff comes with it... (several boxes full)

If anyone wants a SUPER CLEAN (you can eat off the engine bay), never seen a drop of rain (I won't even drive it if it is foggy outside), garage kept, SoCal based, only driven for fun (and gently at that), already has had 3 oil changes (500, 1500 & 4000 miles, Mobil 1 0W-40 ESP and ACDelco PF64 Filters) and 2 differential changes (500 & 1500 miles), 2020 2SS in Shadow Gray Metallic, shoot me a PM and we can talk... This car has been babied since the day it came home... Tires still have a LOT of meat left on them...

Literally still in show room condition, the car is immaculate... Absolutely do NOT need to sell (wife would probably kill me if she even knew I posted this), but I just don't drive it as much as I thought I would...

$62,000 Firm...
The aftermarket items, unfortunately, bring little or no additional value to the table when it comes time to sell. PPF itself has zero value although the additional protection it offered for the paint to keep it like new doesn't hurt. Don't get me wrong... I understand caring for a car to keep it like new. When it comes time to sell, though, none of those things are accounted for in any of the books that show value. If you can find the right buyer who understands what they're worth and appreciates them, you're golden.

Besides... she'd kill ya!
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 11:56 AM   #35
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSully View Post
Factory has accepted and I have a TPW of 10/18 - it's still at status 3000 so that may shift a bit, but it's made it past "Accepted by Chevrolet" and to the "Accepted by Production Control" phase. If they're being honest with you, it sounds like they either don't expect an allocation any time soon, or they don't plan to use one on a Camaro.

Happy to hear yours has been accepted. My dealer tried to enter my order just this past Monday with no luck. They're desperate for the business (only 2 new cars on the entire lot!), so there's nothing for the dealer to gain by trying to delay my order. They had no problem getting allocation when I ordered my 2018. I'm speculating, but perhaps with all the chaos in the microchip supply chain, the factory is limiting the number of allocations to only cars they know they can complete based on current chip inventories and I just got unlucky with the timing. Of course, with winter coming, I'm in no great hurry for the car so long as it arrives by spring. It would really suck if it does delay until mid summer though.

Nigel
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 12:06 PM   #36
JKSully

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS, 20 Subaru Crosstrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitespeed View Post
Happy to hear yours has been accepted. My dealer tried to enter my order just this past Monday with no luck. They're desperate for the business (only 2 new cars on the entire lot!), so there's nothing for the dealer to gain by trying to delay my order. They had no problem getting allocation when I ordered my 2018. I'm speculating, but perhaps with all the chaos in the microchip supply chain, the factory is limiting the number of allocations to only cars they know they can complete based on current chip inventories and I just got unlucky with the timing. Of course, with winter coming, I'm in no great hurry for the car so long as it arrives by spring. It would really suck if it does delay until mid summer though.

Nigel
GM's processing can be confusing at the best of times because it's hard for us as the buyers to get details - it's even worse now with all of the supply chain problems. It may not even be chip related - something else 1LE specific could be restricted at the moment. I remember reading that there was recently an issue with wings for either the ZL1 or 1LE, not sure if that's still ongoing - but that wouldn't affect me because I ordered a non-1LE 2SS.

My comments are at least in part flavored by my experience with the salesman I'm working with on mine - I can't tell if it's deliberate on his part or if there's some other reason for it, but he doesn't seem to be able to relay much information when I ask questions. That feeds my natural distrust of sales people so I'm a bit critical when I hear other people say "the dealership told me."

2022 | 2SS | M6 | NPP | Summit White | Carbon Flash Wheels | Black Lugs | Red Calipers | Adrenaline Red | Red Knee Pads | Nav |
- 1100 - 8/16/21
- 3000 - 9/21/21 - TPW 10/18/21
- 3400 - 10/1/21
- 3800 - 10/20/21 - built 10/19/21
- 5000 - 11/12/21
- 6000 - 11/13/21
JKSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 12:42 PM   #37
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
Quote:
GM's processing can be confusing at the best of times because it's hard for us as the buyers to get details - it's even worse now with all of the supply chain problems. It may not even be chip related - something else 1LE specific could be restricted at the moment. I remember reading that there was recently an issue with wings for either the ZL1 or 1LE, not sure if that's still ongoing - but that wouldn't affect me because I ordered a non-1LE 2SS.

My comments are at least in part flavored by my experience with the salesman I'm working with on mine - I can't tell if it's deliberate on his part or if there's some other reason for it, but he doesn't seem to be able to relay much information when I ask questions. That feeds my natural distrust of sales people so I'm a bit critical when I hear other people say "the dealership told me."

I can certainly appreciate your... suspicion. Mine has fortunately not given me the same feeling. I perceive her to be very transparent (I bought my 2018 from her and I wouldn't have gone back if I didn't have a good experience the first time) and I also talked to the manager of the dealership. They both confided they they are very frustrated with what is going on and are struggling themselves to get clear information. It's a real mess overall. I live in Toronto and there are a lot of Chevy dealerships, and they all look like ghost towns. The lots are almost completely empty and they've had to resort to putting used cars in the showroom to make it look like something is going on. I don't envy them one bit.

More related to the original topic, the used car managers at a couple of dealerships I've been to have told me they expect used prices to go up here in the spring.

Nigel
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 01:00 PM   #38
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I too would expect prices to go down as we head into the winter month's for these cars.

That said...prices have not gone down...much? I did a 200 mile search for low mileage 2016 - 2017 model SS Camaros (my car being a 2016 with roughly 10K miles on it). I'm seeing prices for 1SS model around 36 to 38K and 2SS from 40 to 42. This is dealer asking prices. No idea what Carvana would offer me now. I tried that months ago and it was around 34K at the time if I recall.
I have a 16 2SS fully loaded... I just checked both Carvana $28k and Vroom $32k last week. (prices are dropping) As far as what people/dealers have their cars "listed" for really doesn't matter. It's what they sell for. I'd bet many of those over priced cars will sit, especially with a good majority of the states about to see winter.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 01:04 PM   #39
Teddydog

Drives: 21 LT1 RS M6 in SSM
I put my 2010 2LT on sale after buying my 2021 LT1 on 8/31. Vroom offered my around $3500, the dealer offered about $5000, Carmax offered $6800 and I sold it to a local buyer Monday for $8250.

It was in great condition, but did have 132k miles and a check engine light on. Without the CEL it would probably have gone for around $10k.

Rob
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:11 PM   #40
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Factory has accepted and I have a TPW of 10/18 - it's still at status 3000 so that may shift a bit, but it's made it past "Accepted by Chevrolet" and to the "Accepted by Production Control" phase. If they're being honest with you, it sounds like they either don't expect an allocation any time soon, or they don't plan to use one on a Camaro.
Probably allocation and don't want to use it on a Camaro.

Dealers around me hate carrying the Camaro to be honest. The one up the street even before the production shutdowns hardly carried them and when they did it was usually a LT, non v8 model. Rarely you'd see a V8 model.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:12 PM   #41
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I have a 16 2SS fully loaded... I just checked both Carvana $28k and Vroom $32k last week. (prices are dropping) As far as what people/dealers have their cars "listed" for really doesn't matter. It's what they sell for. I'd bet many of those over priced cars will sit, especially with a good majority of the states about to see winter.
Yep. I wouldn't buy a used one when I can order one for not much more or find one on a dealer lot going below MSRP which I still see around here.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:36 PM   #42
JKSully

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS, 20 Subaru Crosstrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Probably allocation and don't want to use it on a Camaro.

Dealers around me hate carrying the Camaro to be honest. The one up the street even before the production shutdowns hardly carried them and when they did it was usually a LT, non v8 model. Rarely you'd see a V8 model.
Unless you read the response to my comment, which makes it clear there is something else going on.

2022 | 2SS | M6 | NPP | Summit White | Carbon Flash Wheels | Black Lugs | Red Calipers | Adrenaline Red | Red Knee Pads | Nav |
- 1100 - 8/16/21
- 3000 - 9/21/21 - TPW 10/18/21
- 3400 - 10/1/21
- 3800 - 10/20/21 - built 10/19/21
- 5000 - 11/12/21
- 6000 - 11/13/21
JKSully is offline   Reply With Quote