Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 07:38 AM   #29
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
Has anyone advocating lawyering up or going to small claims actually done it themselves?

Proving (actually proving, not just that it broke while they had it) the shop is at fault then actually collecting may be more expensive and time consuming than working towards a resolution with the shop.

You could choose to cut your losses, chalk it up as a learning experience, and tow your car out of there.
He could be out around $10-15k if the motor is done, no way in hell I'd simply "cut my losses" for that amount. Not to mention, if the motor is replaced his resale value just took a huge hit as well. I would make it my life's mission to destroy this shop if they did that to my car and got away with it.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:57 AM   #30
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
And he could be out that + the efforts of litigation and collection to get nothing other than a moral victory. Without knowing the whole scenario, it's just an option.

If the shop is at fault for the failure, I'm not sure I'd have confidence they'll fix it correctly or make it financially "right." Either way, hopefully OP reaches a conclusion they can live with. More details will be fun to see
Old 02-28-2019, 09:40 AM   #31
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
Lawyer up!!! And get prepared to spend some more money!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
bearing, broken, help me please, lsa, zl1