Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-14-2014, 02:01 AM   #141
mynetdude

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGUNNER View Post
So that's what happened.
I was wondering about that; cuz when I returned to the newest post since my visit I ended up in the middle instead of towards the end (but I started reading a few posts that I thought were bizzare... I guess that's what being drunk looks like (I don't drink, having way too much fun behind the wheel for that)).
mynetdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:52 PM   #142
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynetdude View Post
TUNED, yes; stock NO I don't believe it even if the TV ads and the EPA stickers says it all just like the stickers for the C5 . In fact, EPA does not require manufacturers to report MPG ratings on "gas guzzlers" (SUVs, pick up trucks and the likes).
okay, how about a more practical example?
take my mom's 01 Excursion: stock 7.3 Powerstroke & averages about 16mpg unloaded mixed driving. owners report the Triton V8 versions of the same truck get about 10-12mpg in the same conditions.

that's driving with engines built 13yrs ago - now consider today's powerplants. 20s is completely realistic now.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #143
mynetdude

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
okay, how about a more practical example?
take my mom's 01 Excursion: stock 7.3 Powerstroke & averages about 16mpg unloaded mixed driving. owners report the Triton V8 versions of the same truck get about 10-12mpg in the same conditions.

that's driving with engines built 13yrs ago - now consider today's powerplants. 20s is completely realistic now.
I realize the 7.3 is an old engine but I never got more than 11-13mpg mixed driving unloaded as well even on the 7.3.

Maybe I just need to buy a brand new diesel truck so that "I" can make sure I get the MPG its supposed to get and not buy somebody else's used truck that they didn't bother to make sure it performed well enough for it (and yes as the engine gets used more the performance will degrade over time).

but back to the topic though; for a muscle to really be a muscle under diesel power you'd want a truck engine not one of those puny TDI engines (which DO GREAT for the vehicles they were designed for) can't say the noise would be that pleasing for a muscle either.
mynetdude is offline   Reply With Quote