Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-04-2019, 02:20 PM   #1
PatrioticLEO

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
P2097 and p2099

Is it just me or are 2018 camaro ss's extremely anti mod. I installed long LT headers catless and catless x pipe. I knew I would have CELs till i tuned. I finally get a tune and for some reason I still had rear o2 codes even though my tuner tuned them out and on top of that I had p0305. I fixed 305 by putting high temp heat resistant spark plugs. I ordered two o2 catalytic bungs and installed them. All the cels were gone. The shop that put the o2 bungs in even went out and live data logged the car at high rpm and couldn't get any cels. Cool. Fast forward to next day after already doing about 7 drive cycles and now I have the two codes mentioned... every time I fix one thing on this car a new one surfaces. I have modded my 2014 silverado, 350z, mitsubishi and never had so much difficulty and those were well beyond just LT headers and a tune. Going to the exhaust shop tomorrow to have them check for leaks near the new catalytic bungs. If that is not the case does this sound like something I will need to data log for my tuner?
PatrioticLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:47 PM   #2
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
There no less than 20 codes that need to be turned off for the rear O2 sensors. The codes really need to be turned off before you unplug the rear O2 sensors, if you dont they will trigger the SES light the moment you turn the car on to flash the revised tune the 1st time. Even then after you have tuned them out and cleared them they will stay in the historical memory of the ECM for so many drive cycles.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote