Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-25-2019, 09:22 PM   #113
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
This is GREAT NEWS!My Super Sport Camaro just increased in value by 8.25% because of this news! Because the car will soon become a rare hard to find modern muscle car!!!!
Yeah, everyone is clamoring to snatch up a nice 2002 Camaro, right?

Old 06-25-2019, 09:23 PM   #114
Matteoma1

Drives: Camaro ss
I own a 17ss and have been pleased with it, although it’s not without its failings. Coming from the mopar community this car was a huge shock for me. It outperforms my 2010 srt8 by miles. The car handles great and has power for days. I have no complaints about the interior or styling. I do have to say that I think the SS was a bit overpriced out the gate. I think my biggest issue has been with GM service. The dealers are hesitant to replace parts, and seem to look for a way to get out of it. The issues with the transmission shudder seem to be a recurring problem. My car has been in three times for it now and it still does not seem to be resolved. Dealers can’t seem to find a problem although it’s their. My biggest problem with owning this car has been directly related to dealer service. I honestly would be hesitant to buy another GM based on this. The mopar dealers never gave me half the trouble Chevy dealers have. So really the only thing that would hold me back from actually buying a 7th gen is directly related to the warranty service.
Matteoma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:34 PM   #115
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
Sure, until you try to go anywhere. Then you have to waste time at charging stations, if there are any, which I guarantee there wouldn't be where I went last weekend.
Folks go cross country in Teslas with no problem because they have a Supercharger network. When you plan a drive it tells you how much charge you will need and navigates you to any required Superchargers on your trip. When you supercharge it is a DC to DC connection and you charge at 120-150 kW, which will get you back to 80% charge in 30-40 minutes.

I love muscle cars and grew up with them benefits of EVs are too hard to ignore. I hope we see more exciting EVs from manufacturers. Tesla has the only fun to drive EV at this time.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:36 PM   #116
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Ok. The poor Camaro sales of 2015 (77,502) and 2016 (72,705) raised concern. What does Mustang’s 2018 total (75,802) mean?
Yeah, it's not like the Mustang sold over 100k for the first two years of the generation.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:50 PM   #117
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
GM...Take note! This is how you should advertise an SUV. ...what a bunch of clowns with no sales imagination whatsoever.

Yeh thats cool....thats real cool. I'd buy one of these if they still made them.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:52 PM   #118
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteoma1 View Post
I own a 17ss and have been pleased with it, although it’s not without its failings. Coming from the mopar community this car was a huge shock for me. It outperforms my 2010 srt8 by miles. The car handles great and has power for days. I have no complaints about the interior or styling. I do have to say that I think the SS was a bit overpriced out the gate. I think my biggest issue has been with GM service. The dealers are hesitant to replace parts, and seem to look for a way to get out of it. The issues with the transmission shudder seem to be a recurring problem. My car has been in three times for it now and it still does not seem to be resolved. Dealers can’t seem to find a problem although it’s their. My biggest problem with owning this car has been directly related to dealer service. I honestly would be hesitant to buy another GM based on this. The mopar dealers never gave me half the trouble Chevy dealers have. So really the only thing that would hold me back from actually buying a 7th gen is directly related to the warranty service.

No problem at all with the Manual Tremec 6060. Flawless, shifts like a knife thru butter.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:53 PM   #119
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigante View Post
It's not canceled. Just delayed.

Chevrolet decided to make an electric version of this model and for this they need to combine the upcoming VSS-R platform and the electric architecture for the electric vehicles. They were not planning an EV version, but then things changed. That's why its delayed.

Traditional ICE engines will still be there...

This is a lil inside for you.
Inside eh? Sounds plausible actually. What if Al. O is working on this right now? They moved him to EV because they needed someone with his performance engineering expertise to make a rear wheel drive EV platform that had awesome performance and was exciting to drive. It would be a cool way for him to finish out his career. Maybe the apple didn't fall far from the tree in this case. In any event, if I'm hearing you correctly, this could be whats going on. If so, could you tell us if Al O. is in fact in charge of this new RWD performance EV platform?
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:55 PM   #120
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Yeah, everyone is clamoring to snatch up a nice 2002 Camaro, right?

Can't even compare a 2002 to a 6th Gen. Not in performance, comfort or styling.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:55 PM   #121
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Feel a little better after reading the GM Authority article linked here. BTW, where are you guys getting your '16 & '17 build counts? Thread on this very site states: 2016 - 53,540 and 2017 83,348. I am a 64 year old baby boomer who bought a '79 Z28 new( 87K plus sold in just Z28's), and helped my my son buy his new '17 Camaro RS. Making the most recently produced Gen 5 Z/28 an overpriced. limited edition track car was a big marketing mistake. Offering it again has a affordable street car would help sales, (if it and all trim levels of Carmaros were advertised). No one but enthusiasts are going to know about the 2020 LT1 model. BTW, calling that new SUV a "Blazer" is another mistake in a bloated SUV market and building 100 % in Mexico is also a big mistake. JMO from someone who has owned 6 Chevelle coupes, 3 Camaros, and 1 1984 Monte Carlo SS.

Last edited by CCG Garnet Red; 06-25-2019 at 10:38 PM.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:57 PM   #122
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Quote:
That sh!t is so feminine and crappy its pathetic. What a bunch of Dumbasses heading up GM. That vehicle should be advertised showing it going through its paces on a deserted rugged back road.

LOL...yeh ..thats pretty bad.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:04 PM   #123
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
What I thought the Camaro was selling in the range that GM wanted and were making enough profit, well that is what I was told by countless GM faithful.

Soon as I saw that a 2 year old design was being outsold by a 9 year old platform I was thinking about the future of the car, with GM's stupid commercials and the attitude of GM towards the Camaro it reminded me of other cars that they eliminated.

On the flip side if they do kill the Camaro maybe that leaves the door open to come out with a Chevelle or a Monte SS, I would be interested in those being offered.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:23 PM   #124
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
You can sell anybody anything if you are good salesman. The Camaro is just fine as it is. Chevy has had a massive failure to market and sell this vehicle. Even the Camaro configurator website was a sorry hot mess the last time I was there. They don't advertise. Its a badass car and there should be some no hold back badass advertising to perk peoples ears up. Screw the Political Correctness! Thats GMs problem, its feminine like its run by a bunch of women spraying perfume and setting up flowers to sell cars. That sucks.

I feel that this attitude is the core of what's wrong with GM.

Don't make it better, just do a better job convincing people to buy it? I could not agree less.

The 6th gen is a great car with major issues outside of the performance aspect. For some, they can look past those issues. I'd rather GM buckles down and builds a better car than learns a better way to sling it.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:25 PM   #125
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
What I thought the Camaro was selling in the range that GM wanted and were making enough profit, well that is what I was told by countless GM faithful.

Soon as I saw that a 2 year old design was being outsold by a 9 year old platform I was thinking about the future of the car, with GM's stupid commercials and the attitude of GM towards the Camaro it reminded me of other cars that they eliminated.

On the flip side if they do kill the Camaro maybe that leaves the door open to come out with a Chevelle or a Monte SS, I would be interested in those being offered.

Yes, a Chevelle SS376. I'd like that.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:31 PM   #126
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
It would need to be bigger seat 5 with some of the Camaro tech with some big HP numbers let the Vette be the track star and have the Chevelle as a big boulevard busier.
It would be easy to come out with a SS396 bring back a legend.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote