Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-14-2022, 12:47 PM   #1
Dylanm

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Help on mbrp exhaust replacement

I have the mbrp catback race and I loved it until longtubes were installed and cats went away. Now I’m looking for something to quiet it down just from axle back. So I liked the sound so something similar in sound but quieter when I don’t have the pedal on the floor. I live in a small town and you can hear it currently from one side to the other when I’m not even trying to accelerate quickly.
Dylanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 01:47 PM   #2
Dylanm

I have looked Myself as well. Strictly from what I’ve heard online borla s type sounds super close to atak. So is awe or borla touring the better option?
Old 08-14-2022, 02:09 PM   #3
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanm View Post
I have the mbrp catback race and I loved it until longtubes were installed and cats went away. Now I’m looking for something to quiet it down just from axle back. So I liked the sound so something similar in sound but quieter when I don’t have the pedal on the floor. I live in a small town and you can hear it currently from one side to the other when I’m not even trying to accelerate quickly.
Sell your mbrp catback and put the stock suitcase muffler back on. Any aftermarket catback is going to sound very loud after longtubes and catless mid pipes.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 02:42 PM   #4
Dylanm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Sell your mbrp catback and put the stock suitcase muffler back on. Any aftermarket catback is going to sound very loud after longtubes and catless mid pipes.
I bought the car with 4k miles and it already had the suitcase gone. Would a touring axle back quiet it down a bit under low acceleration but still scream when I floor it
Old 08-14-2022, 03:47 PM   #5
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
I bought the car with 4k miles and it already had the suitcase gone. Would a touring axle back quiet it down a bit under low acceleration but still scream when I floor it
No. Sadly the stock muffler is the only thing resembling quiet with headers. His post is right, any other muffler will be loud as hell. You need a proper mid-muffler.
Old 08-14-2022, 03:50 PM   #6
ST1LE

Check out the solution at the end of this thread. Get the Jones X Mid Muffler, and make sure it isn't the double-y. This will provide the most help in quieting down your exhaust, and much cheaper so worth it as a first step I think.

I will likely go with Borla S Type and this mid muffler when I get headers.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...highlight=2650
Old 08-14-2022, 04:35 PM   #7
Dylanm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Check out the solution at the end of this thread. Get the Jones X Mid Muffler, and make sure it isn't the double-y. This will provide the most help in quieting down your exhaust, and much cheaper so worth it as a first step I think.

Thank you! From sounds of OP it also looks like he got quieter start up and normal acceleration but still got to keep the loud when he punched it. That’s what I want.
Old 08-14-2022, 04:39 PM   #8
ST1LE

Quote:
Thank you! From sounds of OP it also looks like he got quieter start up and normal acceleration but still got to keep the loud when he punched it. That’s what I want.
Hope it works out for you!
Old 08-14-2022, 04:40 PM   #9
Dylanm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post

Just to clarify. The part # JEX-MF2469 is what you’re talking about installing midway through the exhaust correct?

Any reason that one over the one OP used? Or just cheaper for same result
Old 08-14-2022, 05:06 PM   #10
Dave777

Drives: 1985 Z28
Quote:
Yep, factory muffler is fine and flows well.
Dave777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 07:43 PM   #11
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
This is what I had to do too. Kooks 2" w/green cats into MBRP axle backs was way too loud and droned at 1600-1800 rpms. Put the stock suitcase back on. Tour mode is just too quiet, sounded like a v6. I have tour and sport the same...always open except in 8th.
Old 08-15-2022, 05:14 AM   #12
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
I like the sound of my AWE but the sound inside the car was loud. Here is my solution that cut the sound in half inside. I used 80 mil Killmat and 315 mil Noico for the win.
Attached Images

BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote