Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-12-2022, 02:12 PM   #1
PostalLDMC

Drives: 2022 2LT RS Convertible
Question Gas filler

I have a question on this spring gas filler cap. I've only got a little over 6,000 miles on our 2022 Camaro but what I've noticed is every time I go to fill it with gas I have to clean of dirt and road junk from the top of the spring-loaded cap. Our Colorado had the same cap, but it was almost straight up and down. On the car it sits almost flat. What I'd like to know does water and junk get it the fuel system?? After time will I see problems??
PostalLDMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 02:38 PM   #2
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalLDMC View Post
I have a question on this spring gas filler cap. I've only got a little over 6,000 miles on our 2022 Camaro but what I've noticed is every time I go to fill it with gas I have to clean of dirt and road junk from the top of the spring-loaded cap. Our Colorado had the same cap, but it was almost straight up and down. On the car it sits almost flat. What I'd like to know does water and junk get it the fuel system?? After time will I see problems??
I highly doubt any significant amount of water or junk can get in there to mess something up. I would be more worried about gas going old in the tank if it sits for months.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote