Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 09-28-2020, 01:21 AM   #1
dethzombi

Drives: 17 Camaro SS Red Hot
TSP DOD Delete Kit

I was wondering what all do I need to make this kit work for my 2017 Camaro 1SS? There's so many different options that I can choose from.
dethzombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:40 AM   #2
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
If you're going to do a DoD delete, you might as well upgrade your CAM since you have to remove the heads to install the new lifters. Not sure what your budget is but, this is one of those deals where the work to tear down the top of the engine just to do the DoD delete isn't really worth it. Do it along with other upgrades to make it worth your while. I'm not sure if you'd be doing the work yourself or not but, generally speaking, you're looking at around $1500 in labor to remove the heads and replace the lifters, which is an essential part of the DoD delete. So, you're talking about new lifters(most will suggest the Johnson 2110), new pushrods, the plugs. That's if you're just doing the DoD delete. But, if you're adding in the CAM, then you'd need the CAM, lash cap, upgrade to double springs, trunion upgrade... I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things. You'll need new head gaskets. Do you have aftermarket headers? Header gaskets might not be a bad idea. You'll need a tune afterwards as well. I think this will probably be a much bigger project than you're initially anticipating, simply from a value and time standpoint.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:43 AM   #3
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Oh, forgot replacement bolts for the heads. Those are single use bolts so, you'll need a brand new set of factory bolts or just get the upgraded aftermarket ones since you can reuse those. And for those, you'll need a 12-point socket set, or at least a 15mm 12-point socket, preferably one of the black, air tool variety.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:50 AM   #4
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
You must replace the cam when deleting the DOD lifters...
Old 09-28-2020, 10:36 PM   #5
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Everything has to be replaced. All the cam kits we sell are all inclusive. Cam, springs, lifters, push rods, gaskets, bolts....all the good stuff. Really can't take any short cuts.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 05:02 PM   #6
diegoalv

Drives: camaro ss
For the TSP DOD Delete Kit to work on your 2017 Camaro 1SS, you'll need to ensure you select the correct options that are compatible with your specific engine and model year. It's essential to verify the compatibility with your vehicle's specifications before making a purchase.
If you're interested in a 2013 chevy duramax delete kit, please note that deleting emissions components on a vehicle is typically not street-legal and may void warranties. Always be aware of local regulations and potential consequences before considering any modification.

For your Camaro, focus on selecting the right options for the TSP DOD Delete Kit to ensure a proper fit and successful installation. If you have any doubts or questions, don't hesitate to reach out to the manufacturer or a trusted automotive expert for guidance. Happy modding and enjoy your Camaro 1SS!

Last edited by diegoalv; 08-04-2023 at 06:00 PM.
diegoalv is offline   Reply With Quote