Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-02-2020, 08:42 PM   #29
Sakudog

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
I'll put a vote in for the Hellcat being a really cool, fun car. Definitely admire those things. Not sure if it was stock, but one slightly walked away from my ZLE A10 after about 120mph. Good thing I couldn't care less about roll racing any more. I need to get a sticker that says "For laptimes only".
Exact same boat as you in terms of giving a shit if someone "pulls me" from a roll race as I know that means just about nothing once we hit the next sector, if we're close, I'll just out brake you and get you later, especially if you're in that 2000s chassis/boat with good parts bolted too it.
Ryker #29
2019 ZL1 1LE A10
2015 Z/28 #809
Sakudog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:21 AM   #30
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakudog View Post
Exact same boat as you in terms of giving a shit if someone "pulls me" from a roll race as I know that means just about nothing once we hit the next sector, if we're close, I'll just out brake you and get you later, especially if you're in that 2000s chassis/boat with good parts bolted too it.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:24 AM   #31
Snakebt6

Drives: Rally Green 2020 ZL1 1LE A10
I went from a 13 Corvette GS to a 15 SRT 6M Challenger to an 18 ZL1 to a 20 ZL1 1LE

All different cars and all do their own thing pretty well but in terms of track performance which is what I progressed to over the years and enjoy doing as a hobby. The 1LE is obviously in a league of its own.

If you're into weekend road trips the Dodge was fantastic and wouldn't hesitate to recommend one to anyone looking for a cruiser that's fun to drive (especially in the manual) and take long trips in. The seats are fantastic and the car has a great feel on the road.

Regarding the base ZL1 I did 173 miles an hour in it at Daytona at a track night and on the way home the next day I stopped at Publix to get groceries in it when I got close to home lol.

Ive taken it 8th mile drag racing and learned to drive on a road course in it at a local track in Starke Florida and driven it to the Key Largo for a vacation.

I don't think one car has it all based on what ive owned, but the regular ZL1 would be what Id recommend if you wanted an all around car that does all things really well. It stops, it turns, it cruises on the hwy comfortably, goes like hell on a road course and could be used as anyone's daily driver.
Snakebt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:13 AM   #32
puppykat33

Drives: Black 2019 ZL1 M6,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebt6 View Post
I went from a 13 Corvette GS to a 15 SRT 6M Challenger to an 18 ZL1 to a 20 ZL1 1LE

All different cars and all do their own thing pretty well but in terms of track performance which is what I progressed to over the years and enjoy doing as a hobby. The 1LE is obviously in a league of its own.

If you're into weekend road trips the Dodge was fantastic and wouldn't hesitate to recommend one to anyone looking for a cruiser that's fun to drive (especially in the manual) and take long trips in. The seats are fantastic and the car has a great feel on the road.

Regarding the base ZL1 I did 173 miles an hour in it at Daytona at a track night and on the way home the next day I stopped at Publix to get groceries in it when I got close to home lol.

Ive taken it 8th mile drag racing and learned to drive on a road course in it at a local track in Starke Florida and driven it to the Key Largo for a vacation.

I don't think one car has it all based on what ive owned, but the regular ZL1 would be what Id recommend if you wanted an all around car that does all things really well. It stops, it turns, it cruises on the hwy comfortably, goes like hell on a road course and could be used as anyone's daily driver.
Agreed ...
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
puppykat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 05:40 PM   #33
freddyfcs

Drives: soon
I did ..From a 2017 charger Hellcat for a 2020 zl1 1LE..we’re talking two different animals here ..I’ve came from owning 8 mopars in the past which 4 of them were srt’s. Big switch but I do not regret one minute tho..It all come down to what are you looking for ...I’ve wanted a track car and I was bored with light to light sprints ..I also own a 2013 m3 comp and I had it since 2017, before the Hellcat ..One thing I can tell you : I often catch myself driving the m3 more than the Camaro...lol
Attached Images

freddyfcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:48 PM   #34
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyfcs View Post
One thing I can tell you : I often catch myself driving the m3 more than the Camaro
No question which is the better track weapon, and will hold up longer. I came from an FD-RX-7

Hope you had the rod bearings done and/or stopped using 10W-60 - most guys I know running 5W-30 haven't had any issues as long as they take it easy before the oil is warmed up.

10W-60 is just stupid in a street motor, shame on you BMW, there is no way such a high viscosity oil can adequately prevent excessive bearing wear, especially with those tolerances. The higher stress Honda Type R engine with 20 psi boost is running 0W-20
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 06:28 AM   #35
freddyfcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R View Post
No question which is the better track weapon, and will hold up longer. I came from an FD-RX-7

Hope you had the rod bearings done and/or stopped using 10W-60 - most guys I know running 5W-30 haven't had any issues as long as they take it easy before the oil is warmed up.

10W-60 is just stupid in a street motor, shame on you BMW, there is no way such a high viscosity oil can adequately prevent excessive bearing wear, especially with those tolerances. The higher stress Honda Type R engine with 20 psi boost is running 0W-20
The rod bearings are considered “normal” maintenance on those cars ..Despite the bs with all the non sense maintenance, the M cars are incredible machines tho. I tracked mine a couple times and it was awesome ..Didn’t track the zl1 yet to compare but we already know which one is better ..Rx-7 are also incredible machines ..I’ve drove one before and liked it a lot
Old 06-06-2020, 05:30 PM   #36
stevel664

Drives: 2017 black vert 2019 redeye WB
I traded in my zl1 vert for a redeye. I never looked back for a second LOVE the car
stevel664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 07:45 AM   #37
1993kramer
New to GM

Drives: 17 ZL1 91 LX 5.0
Hindsight I often think I should have bought a Hellcat since I have no interest in tracking and all I do is cruise with my wife and daughter...
1993kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 07:53 AM   #38
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993kramer View Post
Hindsight I often think I should have bought a Hellcat since I have no interest in tracking and all I do is cruise with my wife and daughter...
The older/taller your daughter gets, the more true this statement becomes lol!
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:03 AM   #39
freddyfcs

[QUOTE=1993kramer;10805637]Hindsight I often think I should have bought a Hellcat since I have no interest in tracking and all I do is cruise with my wife and daughter...[/QUOTE

In this case you are correct sir..The Hellcat is much more friendly with the kids and wife..
Old 06-07-2020, 09:19 AM   #40
Fast02Z06

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
you must have bought a 392 with Hellcat badges on it when you bought your Hellcat.

little girls do find it amusing, I forgot to mention that in my original post, thanks for reminding me.
I couldn’t agree more lol. I think he bought a 392 or a 5.7, I have a 18 Zl1 and a trackhawk 2 completely different animals btw and they both shine in their own way. Btw from a roll stock vs stock a hellcat will beat a zl1.
Fast02Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 09:31 AM   #41
Fast02Z06

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Where are you guys who are supposedly pulling from hellcats in your stock zl1’s. My 16 Z06 when it was stock couldn’t pull from a hellcat. I’m a straight line the hellcat is faster (stock vs stock) for you stating otherwise who pulled in ur stock zl1 from a roll the hellcat driver had the black key.
Fast02Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 09:52 AM   #42
keystonemedical

Drives: 2019 ZL1 / LE , 2014 CTS V
I came from a 2013 GT500 to my 2019 ZLE. The Chevy is a better car across the board. The chassis / suspension is night and day different from the SVT but it should be, its a newer car. Theres days I miss the Snake, but Im glad I made the move. I looked at a few Hellcats before I bought this Chevy and test drove most of them. I guess Im just not a Dodge guy. They seemed huge to me interior and exterior. They also seemed slower to me seat of the pants wise. Maybe in a straight line they ll out run anything in the 650ish h.p. range stock to stock but, Im not a 1/4 mile guy so, I like the twisties , I wouldnt buy one due to my driving style. If Dodge puts that motor in a lighter car that doesnt look like its trying to duplicate what was a real American muscle car, I would take a serious look. Otherwise, Ill take the GM / Ford product any day.
keystonemedical is offline   Reply With Quote