Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-28-2017, 06:58 PM   #1
wheres_the_iron_bro

Drives: 2011 Camaro Ls
Exclamation Biggest Headache Ever

Hello all,
Today marks a year since I bought my 2011 headache. Since then I've had to get a brand new engine and now replaced the throttle body (to avoid any further headaches) due to a P2176. 50 miles after replacing it, my check engline light disappeared. However, it came back on the today (a day after). So I headed down to Autozone to get the codes read and VOILA. I had 9 codes thrown at me(attatched in image). I was told to get the light cleared in order to allow the car to "re-learn itself". So I had a shop clear the light in order to do so. However, the car still has a low idle at about 800rpm give or take and has reduced power as well as a weak start up, thus, I assume the light will come back on. Any suggestions on where to go from here?
P.S The shop told me to go to the dealer to have it flashed?
Attached Images

wheres_the_iron_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:55 PM   #2
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Any mods? How many miles? What was the reason you needed a new engine, and was is there any warranty on it? Also, how many miles with the new engine when you started getting all the codes?

Sorry if you already posted the answer to any of these questions and I just missed it. I totally feel you, since the day I got my 2010 LLT, I've had nothing but problems. I've also modded the car a decent bit and never drive it like I own it, so I'm sure I'm not helping anything lol. But ya I needed a new engine cause out of nowhere the car car just burnt 4 quarts of oil in a month where I wasn't checking the oil levels often enough.... anddddd spun bearing. But hey, now that I've gotten all but a couple codes gone I guess I can say that it eventually gets better.... somewhat...
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:09 PM   #3
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Buy a service manual.
Go to each trouble code in the service manual.
Start at step one.

Any other internet guesses than using the service manual diagnostic charts are guesses and part swapping.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:25 PM   #4
Steve1018

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2 Ls3
The P0606 gets my attention, the only way that code will set is if the ECM detects an internal fault. Either there is a calibration error or the ECM has failed. I would address that first and see what if any codes return.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:48 PM   #5
djrasras

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrasras View Post
Any mods? How many miles? What was the reason you needed a new engine, and was is there any warranty on it? Also, how many miles with the new engine when you started getting all the codes?

Sorry if you already posted the answer to any of these questions and I just missed it. I totally feel you, since the day I got my 2010 LLT, I've had nothing but problems. I've also modded the car a decent bit and never drive it like I own it, so I'm sure I'm not helping anything lol. But ya I needed a new engine cause out of nowhere the car car just burnt 4 quarts of oil in a month where I wasn't checking the oil levels often enough.... anddddd spun bearing. But hey, now that I've gotten all but a couple codes gone I guess I can say that it eventually gets better.... somewhat...
Lol the same day I posted this, I get a code for all cylinders misfiring.... oh the joy of owning an LLT
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
Old 09-17-2017, 07:56 AM   #6
Backon4

Drives: 2010 Cadillac cts4 wagon 3.6
How many miles on yours when you got the code?
Backon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:19 PM   #7
djrasras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backon4 View Post
How many miles on yours when you got the code?
Not sure if you are asking me or OP, but I spun a bearing at 50k miles. The used motor I got was actually at around the same milage, and now at 60k I am getting the misfiring CEL, but its been 2 days since reseting the ECU and the code hasn't come back so fingers crossed....
Currently I am worried about the fact that
1) It burns 1/3 of a quart of oil between gas fill-ups
2) A lot of people with unlucky LLTs will get the timing chain CEL as early as 75k miles.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:51 PM   #8
Backon4

Drives: 2010 Cadillac cts4 wagon 3.6
My oil consumption varies with my driving style. When I beat the hell out of the old gal she drinks it. When I drive it like an old lady on her way to church it doesn't use any. I've heard people who switched to 10w30 had all but cleared up their consumption. I'm going to give it a try when I change mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Backon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:27 AM   #9
ColdfuzionTN

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Agree with the above about P0606, would be the first I'd address or wipe codes and trade it in if you don't have time or energy to mess with it anymore.
ColdfuzionTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body, check, engine, sensor, throttle