Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-07-2020, 06:08 AM   #1
TEST DRyVer

Drives: 17 ZL1 6mt with PDR
Wheel Offset Advice for ZL1

Hey there guys n gals! I'm looking to upgrade my factory setup to a different style (lighter) wheel. I figured I'd also take this opportunity to change the offset. I'm currently running OEM wheels, OEM tires, and OEM ride height. Only modification to the wheels I've made so far was adding tiny 3mm spacers in the rear (which would bring the stock 43 offset to 40) and 5mm spacers for the front (which would bring the stock 20 offset to 15).
Paul @ PK has been extremely helpful! I have decided on Variant Krypton wheels.
Front: 20x10 et15
Rear: 20x11 et38
My goal is to run a near flush look without modifications to the wiring harness, struts, wheel well liner, studs, etc... Has anyone had any experience with this setup or have any added advice? I might consider light lowering springs in the future. I will be running factory tire sizes. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Images

Esthetics: Nardo Grey wrap with original black accents throughout, complete Xpel ceramic coat, Diode Dynamics markers, Smoked GM tail & 3rd brake light, C7 Carbon 1LE style Spoiler in blk, ACS splash guards, blk'd out emblems. Variant Krypton wheels in Gloss black.

Performance: AWE Touring catback exhaust with resonator, Rotofab dry intake, TM throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with Green Cats, Advanced Fuel Dynamics Flex Fuel kit with e50 blend and dyno tuned.

Current Family car (for the wifey): 2021 Audi SQ5
TEST DRyVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:07 AM   #2
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
It’ll fit with no issues I’m sure. Especially since you are keeping to the stock tire size. You can always go up to a 315 in the back and won’t have issues with that offset as well.

I’m currently running 295/30/20 in the front with stock offset on BC forged wheels and 325/30/20 with a +41 offset on 20x11.5” wheel. I did move the harness and massaged the liner to make sure I had plenty of room as the tire is pretty big.

For whatever it’s worth, the job to move the harness and liner is much easier than people think. Took me about 45min and that including the time it took to place the jack under the car and take off and put back on the tire.
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:22 PM   #3
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
Another Scottsdale ZL1. Surprised I haven’t seen ya around

Are you on IG?

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 04:38 AM   #4
TEST DRyVer

Drives: 17 ZL1 6mt with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Parker View Post
Another Scottsdale ZL1. Surprised I haven’t seen ya around

Are you on IG?
What's up, Parker! I just noticed I still had Scottsdale in my signature after your comment. We bought a place in Gilbert. I have an IG account, but it's weak. I've yet to do anything with it. I'll post some pics soon of the new wheels. The offsets will sound aggressive by number, but it's not actually aggressive on the car.

Esthetics: Nardo Grey wrap with original black accents throughout, complete Xpel ceramic coat, Diode Dynamics markers, Smoked GM tail & 3rd brake light, C7 Carbon 1LE style Spoiler in blk, ACS splash guards, blk'd out emblems. Variant Krypton wheels in Gloss black.

Performance: AWE Touring catback exhaust with resonator, Rotofab dry intake, TM throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with Green Cats, Advanced Fuel Dynamics Flex Fuel kit with e50 blend and dyno tuned.

Current Family car (for the wifey): 2021 Audi SQ5
TEST DRyVer is offline   Reply With Quote