Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-03-2020, 03:09 PM   #15
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
In$urance or no in$urance this hurt$ a lot of people. How many people lost a job because they can't sell cars. Look at all the cleanup and inventory the owner has to do. Insurance won't cover his not selling new cars while cleaning up. This sh!t pisses me off. This is domestic terrorism. It has nothing to do with George Floyd or racism, in fact I see just as many whites also participating in terror. Did you see them beating a store owner with a 2x4? And not one cop in sight.d

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 06-03-2020 at 03:13 PM. Reason: d
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:23 PM   #16
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
These folks were stealing demo iPhones too, I doubt they have the capacity to think to take them to a chopshop, they likely will joy ride and leave them abandoned somewhere.
Sounds about right.

And heh, this will be all for "a great cause"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
While this does suck, what really bothers me more is people blocking roadways, throwing rocks at cars and scaring the shit out of people stuck in those cars.

If I get stuck in a mob of aggressive protesters, my foot will be to the floor and peeps will get ran over.

I would rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.

Once you start blocking cars and put others in a threatening position, you are no longer a protester, you are acting in an illegal manner with the intent to injure.
You bought the wrong car for that. There is a reason why these "rioters" aren't stealing Mustangs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
They couldn't sell the cars due to the pandemic so they let the keys out to be stolen. Then, they recover the damage with insurance and things are golden again. Inside job.
That's a conspiracy and a half.

Aside from the opportunity cost of down business time, there is no telling how much insurance will cover. Insurance is also smarter than that to figure out a fraud.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:27 PM   #17
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
All I can say is #BGM. Black Guns Matter....

Sadly, this is what society is devolving to. Could you imagine this looting mayhem if it was for basic necessities vs pleasure?
Old 06-03-2020, 04:00 PM   #18
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
They couldn't sell the cars due to the pandemic so they let the keys out to be stolen. Then, they recover the damage with insurance and things are golden again. Inside job.
I doubt it - I would consider someone on the inside. Key Boxes are not just hanging out. They are usually in a Managers Office, certainly locked down at night
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:16 PM   #19
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedts1986 View Post
Shoot? No. Find them, arrest them, and try them before judge and jury.

Stupid crime to commit.

These cars belong to an insured corporation, is that really worth a life?

People condoning killing over property loss with no immediate threat to human life are the real "animals" here.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:42 PM   #20
sworn

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
In St. Louis the Post-Dispatch just reported that all 36 rioters who were arrested the day before have been released from jail. One retired policeman was murdered while defending a pawn shop--which was captured on Facebook Live--and four other policeman were shot(not killed)in the riots.

So now what? Your move.
God Bless, Blue Lives Matter!
2019 Camaro 1SS. Crush. Mishimoto Catch Can, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Oracle Side Markers, ZL1 Side Skirts, Blade Spoiler W/ZL1 Addons Wicker Bill, Exhaust Cut Outs, BMR Front and Rear Cradle Braces, Cold Air Inductions CAI. ZL1 Rims 285 Fronts and 305's Rear. Speed Inc Tune PCM & TCM.
sworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:13 PM   #21
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post

People condoning killing over property loss with no immediate threat to human life are the real "animals" here.

Property should be allowed to be protected by force period. What I have is mine, not yours, you want your own, go bust your ass and work for it.

This all comes down to personal responsibility and so does sloppy thinking like this. You are condoning the actions of these morons who are doing nothing but destroying communities, businesses and peoples lives.

It's right there with people going "they have insurance" without realizing those of us who work and better ourselves are the ones who end up paying for it, not deadbeats.

Lastly for people who have never been in a dealership, most keep their keys in a room for them(new larger stores) or in a metal lockbox(manager office, etc). None of this will keep someone out with an axe or equivalent tool. Let alone driving a car thru a wall.

Covid didn't work, the murder hornets didn't work, time to roll out the old standby race wars.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:27 PM   #22
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I doubt it - I would consider someone on the inside. Key Boxes are not just hanging out. They are usually in a Managers Office, certainly locked down at night
Isn't what you just described kind of supports my theory on the whole thing? That's the way I read it.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:41 PM   #23
mikeman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Property should be allowed to be protected by force period. What I have is mine, not yours, you want your own, go bust your ass and work for it.

This all comes down to personal responsibility and so does sloppy thinking like this. You are condoning the actions of these morons who are doing nothing but destroying communities, businesses and peoples lives.

It's right there with people going "they have insurance" without realizing those of us who work and better ourselves are the ones who end up paying for it, not deadbeats.

Lastly for people who have never been in a dealership, most keep their keys in a room for them(new larger stores) or in a metal lockbox(manager office, etc). None of this will keep someone out with an axe or equivalent tool. Let alone driving a car thru a wall.

Covid didn't work, the murder hornets didn't work, time to roll out the old standby race wars.
The dealership is not at a loss here. They will be covered under their insurance plan and be made whole again. As a dealer, you would be stupid beyond belief not to be covered under insurance for a possible situation like this.

Isn't that why we pay through the a$$ for insurance?

Not saying what these people did was right, but I wouldn't feel too heartbroken and emotionally shattered for the dealer in this. I'd feel a lot more sorry for the poor unfortunate schmuck that gets caught in stopped traffic in the city while coming home from work and has his/her vehicle trashed by the roving rioters. That's when I get concerned.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:29 PM   #24
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
And, when you go buy a car from a dealer, expect the price to go up because he has to charge more to cover his higher insurance premium. In the end, we will all pay for this.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:31 PM   #25
spireland

Drives: 2017 2SS
The destruction of property is regrettable, though what is unforgivable is the conditions that have caused the riots to be allowed to continue.
spireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:00 PM   #26
mikeman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spireland View Post
The destruction of property is regrettable, though what is unforgivable is the conditions that have caused the riots to be allowed to continue.
Yep. The sad thing is once this $hit fest is all over, things will return to normal and nothing will be changed in the long run. The conditions that caused the riots will continue in one form or another.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:09 PM   #27
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post

These are the animals.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:14 PM   #28
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Seems to be the whip of choice for the world star hiphop crowd.
triggerjerk is online now   Reply With Quote