Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-31-2020, 10:52 AM   #71
Fast02Z06

Drives: 2018 ZL1
I did not read every single page and reply but I’ll add my .02 fwiw. I’ve owned practically everything fun from a 6th gen ss manual to a s550 manual to my C7Z, trackhawk, and Zl1 at the moment. I roll race everything I had/have and I think a 6 gen manual would be the perfect fit for you based on what you posted. If you were gunna roll race or dig race your best bet would be a coyote mustang A10. In the latter case just add a blower, E, and headers and call it good. The ss would take much more plus digging into internals to hold that kind of power.
Fast02Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 01:47 PM   #72
John_B

Drives: 2020 WRX. 2002 C5Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast02Z06 View Post
I did not read every single page and reply but I’ll add my .02 fwiw. I’ve owned practically everything fun from a 6th gen ss manual to a s550 manual to my C7Z, trackhawk, and Zl1 at the moment. I roll race everything I had/have and I think a 6 gen manual would be the perfect fit for you based on what you posted. If you were gunna roll race or dig race your best bet would be a coyote mustang A10. In the latter case just add a blower, E, and headers and call it good. The ss would take much more plus digging into internals to hold that kind of power.
I agree, a manual 6th gen is what i have almost fully decided on. Now I’m just seeing if maybe a ZL1 would be in the budget or stick with the SS 1LE. A ZL1 would be the best of both worlds and I’d definitely prefer that if i decide to go that high in price. Still trying to sell my Z06 first
John_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:41 AM   #73
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
John, FWIW I've never owned a Mustang, so there's that.

But in February, I traded my '17 SS 1LE for a '20 ZL1. Of course, there's a big price difference. I've done modding before, and it's very rewarding. It's your personal build and you take pride in it. But it's always a trade off. I wanted to have a warranty, and the ZL1 has the internals to handle the extra 200 hp and more.

The power difference between the 2 cars is huge. Since the SS 1LE suspension is basically the same as the ZL1, the street handling is "almost" identical. I say "almost" because you can feel a slight difference in very hard cornering because of the extra weight over the front end.

The interior is similar to the 2SS trim level, but even more upscale.
Perhaps you can look for a low mileage 2017 or 2018.

Good luck.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 02:40 PM   #74
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
i think one thing you haven’t considered... for those of us who didn’t wake up in 2017 and buy our first car - the camaro, especially a 1LE, is a breath of got damn fresh air. i spent the last 20 years trying to tie together a car of it’s magnitude and capability using previous gm camaros and some corvettes. wasn’t gonna happen. even the best parts on a 4th gen chassis isn’t going to touch a rock stock 1LE. always trying to get the cars to hook, turn and stop on a budget was a huge challenge.

while more fun to you might be spinning tires everywhere, it’s leaning the other way for me. i spent a lot of time spinning tires and more money trying to get my cars close to something of the alpha chassis level... and after driving one, i realized how bad i had failed.

the 1LE is the (most reasonable) car i’ve been trying to build. yes i want it to hook, turn and not be a pile of shit. spent decades fighting traction loss and body roll. i think the c6 was the first to accomplish all of this, but i didn’t have c6 money and i needed a back seat when those cars were released.

edit: thankfully tire technology has grown A LOT in the last 10 years and you can now own cars that dig, turn and stop... all on the same tire.

in other words... it ain’t my first day and you telling me you want an under performing car is comical. if shitbox is what you want, you’re not looking at new cars.
This.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote