Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-12-2018, 09:09 AM   #15
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I know my girl's lancer ralliart's borla atak system is what I'd consider very aggressive sounding and I have an MRT system and two more cylinders. Her car is louder, and deeper.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #16
302Blue

Drives: 2017 Camaro V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiac265 View Post
It sounds really nice no lie. It doesn't take much have it open up and scream at you. It is pretty deep sounding. I like the sound but can be considered loud. Defintely look up the sound on the Borla website if you haven't already!
I'm trying to decide between the S-Type or Atak for the NPP Exhaust. Any complaints/concerns with having the Atak on a daily driver?
302Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:44 AM   #17
zodiac265

Drives: 2017 1LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 302Blue View Post
I'm trying to decide between the S-Type or Atak for the NPP Exhaust. Any complaints/concerns with having the Atak on a daily driver?
I honestly have no complaints now that the check engine light has been removed. I like deep the tone is. I don’t think the videos do it justice on the sight, but they do a good job at showing the loudness of the sound in the cabin. I personally am glad that I went with the Atak. If you have not watched the Borla videos on the sounds I highly recommend it.

zodiac265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 01:36 AM   #18
Jreel

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Hello, this looks like the same issue I may be having. I have the Borla x-pipes (secondary-cat delete) and Borla Atak axle back as well. I have had a check engine light on ever since putting the x-pipes on... not sure what the cause is. Do you think it's an exhaust leak? Is there any other reason there would be a code? I am trying to trade my car in soon and really need the check engine light removed before doing so. It's stressing me out!
Jreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:30 AM   #19
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jreel View Post
Hello, this looks like the same issue I may be having. I have the Borla x-pipes (secondary-cat delete) and Borla Atak axle back as well. I have had a check engine light on ever since putting the x-pipes on... not sure what the cause is. Do you think it's an exhaust leak? Is there any other reason there would be a code? I am trying to trade my car in soon and really need the check engine light removed before doing so. It's stressing me out!
If you have an Auto and you did the Borla mid pipes the exhaust shop probably removed your AFM valves and this is why you are getting a check engine light because the cars computer is looking for AFM valves to be operational. Take it to autozone or oreillys or one of those places have them scan and give you the code its free then google the code and we can help your trouble shoot it further.

If you read the whole post the OP had a exhaust leak causing a o2 sensor to read improperly.. Get that code that is step 1.

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:16 AM   #20
RSC

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2LT
Hey guys. I got the Borla #60611 put on my 17 RS yesterday. (I already had the ATAK Axleback since a while back.) Shortly after putting the #60611 (driving about 100ish miles) my CEL comes on. I call onstar & it says I have code P0430. I call Borla & they say that a CEL is expected with this part unless tuned. I'm went back to the Meineke that installed the exhaust & they say I need a tune too. I had them check & there is no exhaust leak or loose/missing O2 sensor. Also side note, with this setup so far I have a lot of vibrating/rattling. Any ideas as to both these issues?
RSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:46 AM   #21
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSC View Post
Hey guys. I got the Borla #60611 put on my 17 RS yesterday. (I already had the ATAK Axleback since a while back.) Shortly after putting the #60611 (driving about 100ish miles) my CEL comes on. I call onstar & it says I have code P0430. I call Borla & they say that a CEL is expected with this part unless tuned. I'm went back to the Meineke that installed the exhaust & they say I need a tune too. I had them check & there is no exhaust leak or loose/missing O2 sensor. Also side note, with this setup so far I have a lot of vibrating/rattling. Any ideas as to both these issues?
You deleted the cats and the AFM system, of course it's going to throw a check engine light. Did you do much research before installing the system? The only way to fix it is go back to stock or have it tuned.
Raptor Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:16 PM   #22
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I've never been a fan of deleting the cats since not only is it a federal crime but it's not really worth the effort in dealing with the impact doing so has on the ecu.

You already know what you have to do with that issue.

As for the rattling and vibration. Welcome to camaros. They vibrate and rattle. However, i'd expect any new exhaust to ping and rattle a bit when brand new as any metal that's not welded in the muffler that is close to other metal will vibrate until it's caked with soot after a few hundred/thousand miles. Mufflers do have a break-in period where their sound will "mature" and some of that vibrating may muffle out. However, the notes most aftermarket exhausts produce will lead to massive increases in body vibration in our cars, especially since the trunk area is a massive cavern of empty space and thin sheet metal with no insulation other than that molded felt interior. You can change exhausts or add dynomat all inside the trunk. Keep in mind, dynomat is heavy, as would almost all sound deadening solutions be.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:02 PM   #23
Tuner2muscle

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
well now i'm worried!
I have the x-pipes on order and the Stype borla in the basement.... waiting for the weather here in canada to get better to install.

So I have an LS with the 1LE package, no AFM as far as I know... should I expect an error code with the xpipes? Wasn't planning on doing anything else this year but will I have to get a tune with the xpipes?
Tuner2muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:41 AM   #24
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner2muscle View Post
well now i'm worried!
I have the x-pipes on order and the Stype borla in the basement.... waiting for the weather here in canada to get better to install.

So I have an LS with the 1LE package, no AFM as far as I know... should I expect an error code with the xpipes? Wasn't planning on doing anything else this year but will I have to get a tune with the xpipes?
The manuals don't have the valves and with the xpipe only you're just deleting the secondary cats which aren't monitored. Just make sure they are installed correctly with no leaks at all.
Raptor Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:08 PM   #25
Tuner2muscle

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Check engine light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
The manuals don't have the valves and with the xpipe only you're just deleting the secondary cats which aren't monitored. Just make sure they are installed correctly with no leaks at all.
ok that sounds comforting... I was planning on doing the install myself.. should I reconsider that?
Tuner2muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:55 AM   #26
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
I’ve actually had the same CEL codes when I got my MRT H pipe installed. It was able to clear it with the OBD 2 scanner but it came back after 10mins after driving the car hard. After 5 days or so after getting tired of looking at the light because it affects my remote start..I disconnected the battery for 15mins and the CEL never came back. I’ve had the exhaust shop check for leaks as well and there wasn’t any.

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:00 PM   #27
threetime
*PIMP*

Drives: 2018 2SS
Just go buy non foulers and install, walaa no CEL. But with that Throttle body you damn sure got to get a tune.

threetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 08:10 PM   #28
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by threetime View Post
Just go buy non foulers and install, walaa no CEL. But with that Throttle body you damn sure got to get a tune.

facts i have catless downpipes on my car i had to buy defoulers but even that did not get rid of cel i got 2 inch defoulers they didn't work so i had my tuner disable the code as i know it wont do harm to the car because it's just my 02 sensor reading more powah babeh. now when it comes to the throttle body or intake manifold make sure you put all the o ring gaskets back on or gaskets in general. if not damage can occur and vacuum leaks giving you cels and rough idle with weird acceleration
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote