Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 07-03-2020, 11:21 AM   #197
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCAForums View Post
I just got the 1LE aluminum bushing cradle kit, from GM. Took about 1 month to get. Instructions still say bottom bushing first. I’d like to see a copy and version number of a different set of instructions.

Here’s my pic, which just arrived new yesterday.

Best Regards,
Dave
It doesn't make a bit of difference. Just do them all the same and it'll work out perfectly. There is zero compromise one way vs the other.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 03:24 PM   #198
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
One more thing to add, that I noticed when I did mine, the rubber bushings are installed from the bottom and are tight against the frame. I installed the lower bushings first to copy the original setup (also what the instructions indicated).
Old 10-23-2020, 10:46 PM   #199
shogun37

Drives: none
sorry to necro-thread but
1) did GM just copy/paste the Gen5 bushings even though the Gen6 bushing cup is shorter? Why not toss the pucks into a lathe and cut them shorter so both sit flush on their edges?

2) how is it that we STILL not have the actual spring rates of the ZL1 vs DSSV setup?

3) DSSV "doing great" at triple digits and 'wallow' simply suggests their rebound damping is super high and so their slow compression. And given how lousy they apparently are at street speeds and square edged bumps their high-speed compression circuit is wildly inappropriate (restrictive) for that use case. And yet the DSSV has an off-road truck application so clearly they are capable of designing a compression circuit that passes a metric ton of fluid at high rates - they just chose not to. Why has nobody asked for different pistons?

4) has nobody just swapped springs for a more sane rate? I realize 3" ID springs are not super-common but a simple adapter can let you run 2.5" which are as common as sand particles.

5) has nobody taken their shocks to a dyno and logged their force response curves?

I have an appointment to drive a ZLE on public streets to log my own first-hand observations. Last time I did that was 2 years ago but the drive was fairly limited but didn't seem outrageous. Then again that very same car has had 4 owners in the span of 2 years and it up for sale again!
shogun37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:42 PM   #200
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun37 View Post
1) did GM just copy/paste the Gen5 bushings even though the Gen6 bushing cup is shorter? Why not toss the pucks into a lathe and cut them shorter so both sit flush on their edges?

2) how is it that we STILL not have the actual spring rates of the ZL1 vs DSSV setup?

3) DSSV "doing great" at triple digits and 'wallow' simply suggests their rebound damping is super high and so their slow compression. And given how lousy they apparently are at street speeds and square edged bumps their high-speed compression circuit is wildly inappropriate (restrictive) for that use case. And yet the DSSV has an off-road truck application so clearly they are capable of designing a compression circuit that passes a metric ton of fluid at high rates - they just chose not to. Why has nobody asked for different pistons?

4) has nobody just swapped springs for a more sane rate? I realize 3" ID springs are not super-common but a simple adapter can let you run 2.5" which are as common as sand particles.

5) has nobody taken their shocks to a dyno and logged their force response curves?

I have an appointment to drive a ZLE on public streets to log my own first-hand observations. Last time I did that was 2 years ago but the drive was fairly limited but didn't seem outrageous. Then again that very same car has had 4 owners in the span of 2 years and it up for sale again!

john powell has a set of these hit him up he has done alot of testing on the stock dssv shocks
Old 11-12-2020, 12:49 PM   #201
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
found a kit in stock but shop quoted me 5 hours lol **** me
Old 11-15-2020, 01:24 PM   #202
JT Camaro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun37 View Post

reading my mind...Cant believe the info isn't out there
JT Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote