Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-25-2019, 09:49 PM   #1
Pearlj10

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
RPI DESIGNS

I’d like to share my feedback about this vendor. I ordered a couple of bow ties that were painted to match my car. Webpage said “expect a 6-week turnaround” due to custom paint. I emailed at 5 weeks to see how it was coming along and was told “you were told 6 weeks, we have no update for you.” A couple of days after the 6 week mark I inquired again and received “sorry, it’ll be at least two more weeks.” I responded with my displeasure in paying for a product upfront and having to wait over 2 months to receive it. Yes, it’s an incredibly complex order: two bow ties painted imperial Blue Metallic. The amount of paint involved in mind boggling, I wonder how they procure that much? Anyhow, 8 weeks pass and, again, no proactive communication. I reached out again and kindly asked for an update. At this point, who knows. Maybe they’ll put a bow on the bow ties and send them for Christmas. My .02 is I wouldn’t let this company mow my lawn after this order. They may build fine products, and someday I may know if they do or not, but the poor customer service isn’t worth any product. I’ll never use them again. I’m sure they’ll treat their customers better when the next recession hits though.
Pearlj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 06:34 AM   #2
rwhxk3
S1N1STR

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
They also post items for sale at one price, then when you inquire about them they’ll jack the price up $50. They’ll say, oh the price went up since then. I would go with River City Creations to do any painting on bow ties (if you decide to get a refund).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
rwhxk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 09:02 AM   #3
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I haven't seen a single good review of Rpi on here... many negative ones.

I bought a hydro dip dash cluster trim... it was horrible. I sent it back, they said they redid it and sent it back to me. I have pictures... it was exactly the same. I sent it back and demanded a refund. I'll never buy from them again.
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:34 PM   #4
BETO713

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
I bought a painted ZL1 style front spoiler from them, it came with deep scratches most likely from the loose hardware in the packaging, sent it back and they repaired it and looked good, BUT it chips like crazy and easily.
BETO713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 05:59 AM   #5
RPIDon

Drives: Camaro
Send a message via AIM to RPIDon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlj10 View Post
I’d like to share my feedback about this vendor. I ordered a couple of bow ties that were painted to match my car. Webpage said “expect a 6-week turnaround” due to custom paint. I emailed at 5 weeks to see how it was coming along and was told “you were told 6 weeks, we have no update for you.” A couple of days after the 6 week mark I inquired again and received “sorry, it’ll be at least two more weeks.” I responded with my displeasure in paying for a product upfront and having to wait over 2 months to receive it. Yes, it’s an incredibly complex order: two bow ties painted imperial Blue Metallic. The amount of paint involved in mind boggling, I wonder how they procure that much? Anyhow, 8 weeks pass and, again, no proactive communication. I reached out again and kindly asked for an update. At this point, who knows. Maybe they’ll put a bow on the bow ties and send them for Christmas. My .02 is I wouldn’t let this company mow my lawn after this order. They may build fine products, and someday I may know if they do or not, but the poor customer service isn’t worth any product. I’ll never use them again. I’m sure they’ll treat their customers better when the next recession hits though.
Could I have your order number? This seems very unusual for bowties. I'd like to look into your order personally and see why the delay. We have 7 full time painters and this years we have busy busier than every before, but 8 weeks is unusual for bowties from what I can see. We have 3 full time customer service reps that answer phones all day as well, we are at full capacity and doing our best, but I would like to help you and your order.
RPIDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 09:01 AM   #6
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
I had my bowties and all other emblems painted by the local Chevy dealership body shop. They did an awesome job, took days to do and way less $$$ than what I have seen advertised online. Too bad the body shop manager moved to another dealership, they don't do this little work any more.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:39 PM   #7
Pearlj10

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
RPIDon:
My order number was 234350. Yes, over 8 weeks for bow ties. The customer service that I received throughout was absolutely unacceptable. The first response to my inquiry was flat out inappropriate and rude. The follow up responses were equally egregious. All I know is that I will never do business with your company again. I’ll send you the correspondence chain in a PM if you can’t retrieve it.
Chris
Pearlj10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rpi designs