Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-27-2018, 06:14 PM   #1
Arkangel-77

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Just Bought a 2010 SS today few questions

Just Bought a 2010 SS today and I have a few questions for you seasoned folks =). BTW - This is my first 5th Gen, I have has two 4th Gen's in the Past.

I feel a little AC blowing on my feat when its set to the front vents. It dose not do this on the Passengers side. I noticed this same thing on some of the others I test drove. Is it doing this by design or is this a common issue with a blender door or motor or something?

My Car dose not have remote start but I have the 5 button remotes. Is there a simple way to add it to the car or it is a BIG deal? Not a deal breaker Obviously, but if its simple - why not. If its a Big deal, I wont give it a second thought.

BTW - Its a Inferno Orange SS =), Automatic with LOW miles. Its bone stock but I plan to do CAI, catch can and Axel Back at some point in the future.

Thanks for all the Help. Feels GREAT to be back in a F body again
Arkangel-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:35 PM   #2
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Welcome!! Great color.

Do a cat back if you’re doing an exhaust. Axel back on the L99 is a waste of money. You need to get rid of the ginormous resonator.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:57 PM   #3
00 Z/28

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Get either a tune or a range device to disable the active fuel management system.(aka cylinder deactivation, the 4 banger mode).
Old 07-27-2018, 07:57 PM   #4
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Welcome to the club. Inferno Orange is a gorgeous color.

Just a bit confused. Your thread says 2010, but your info on the side there says 2012? Then, a 5 button remote but no remote start... just wondering, 2010 or 2012? Not entirely sure, but there could be a difference in the opinions that could help you. For example, no - 2010's don't come with remote start. 2012's I believe do have the remote start feature.

Either way, if yer going to learn something about your car, its here on Camaro5.com.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:38 PM   #5
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post

Just a bit confused. Your thread says 2010, but your info on the side there says 2012? Then, a 5 button remote but no remote start... just wondering, 2010 or 2012? Not entirely sure, but there could be a difference in the opinions that could help you. For example, no - 2010's don't come with remote start. 2012's I believe do have the remote start feature.

Either way, if yer going to learn something about your car, its here on Camaro5.com.
My 2010 SS has factory remote start. It was only available with the 2SS though.

"The automatic gearbox costs either $995 or $1185, depending on whether you start with a 1SS or 2SS model. That’s because, on the 2SS, the automatic is bundled with remote start, which is unavailable on the 1SS" - Car and Driver, 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS Automatic Review - https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...trumented-test
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI

Last edited by InFiD3ViL; 07-27-2018 at 08:55 PM.
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:51 PM   #6
67 to 91 to 13

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
IOM is the best color you can get. I have a 2013.
I installed a 14-15 Z/28 CAI and have slp axle backs.
Axle backs may not make a ton of horsepower but they decrease weight and gives the car a better sound, more rumble
Old 07-27-2018, 09:27 PM   #7
Arkangel-77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Welcome!! Great color.

Do a cat back if you’re doing an exhaust. Axel back on the L99 is a waste of money. You need to get rid of the ginormous resonator.

Will that require a Tune? What system would u Suggest. I really just dont want it to be so quiet - got good power for a daily Driver (IMO).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Z/28 View Post
Get either a tune or a range device to disable the active fuel management system.(aka cylinder deactivation, the 4 banger mode).
Not sure what a Range Device is? But I hate AFM - I have it in my Pickup and it sux. Dose save a little gas though =). Are u referencing a custom tune or is there a plug and play version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post

Its a 2010 for sure. I fixed the info on the side. It came with a 5 button remote but the folks I got it from said it had NO remote start. It is a SS2. Thanks and sorry about the Mix up

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post

"The automatic gearbox costs either $995 or $1185, depending on whether you start with a 1SS or 2SS model. That’s because, on the 2SS, the automatic is bundled with remote start, which is unavailable on the 1SS" - Car and Driver, 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS Automatic Review - https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...trumented-test
Not sure if Its worth 1K for remote start. Perhaps I could scavenge it from a Salvage Yard? It is a 2SS or thats what I was told and I think thats correct from my research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 to 91 to 13 View Post
IOM is the best color you can get. I have a 2013.
I installed a 14-15 Z/28 CAI and have slp axle backs.
Axle backs may not make a ton of horsepower but they decrease weight and gives the car a better sound, more rumble
I was planning to Order a Cold Air Inductions- CAI. And I agree about the rumble. I have a 69 Firebird with a Built 496 in it. That's the Race car. This is the daily Fun Car =). But given some time I am prone to do all kinda stuff!

I agree about the color. I was on the Hunt for one and this one popped up close to the house. deal was good so I jumped On it! =)

Thanks Guys - yall are great!
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2018, 09:27 PM   #8
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post

Ah, thanks for the clarification.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:32 PM   #9
00 Z/28

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkangel-77 View Post
Not sure what a Range Device is? But I hate AFM - I have it in my Pickup and it sux. Dose save a little gas though =). Are u referencing a custom tune or is there a plug and play version?
The Range plugs into your obd port and disables the AFM. It's plug and play. I used to use one until I got tuned. Now I use it in my Tahoe.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:32 PM   #10
67 to 91 to 13

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkangel-77 View Post
Will that require a Tune? What system would u Suggest. I really just dont want it to be so quiet - got good power for a daily Driver (IMO).

Its a 2010 for sure. I fixed the info on the side. It came with a 5 button remote but the folks I got it from said it had NO remote start. It is a SS2. Thanks and sorry about the Mix up

Not sure if Its worth 1K for remote start. Perhaps I could scavenge it from a Salvage Yard? It is a 2SS or thats what I was told and I think thats correct from my research.

I was planning to Order a Cold Air Inductions- CAI. And I agree about the rumble. I have a 69 Firebird with a Built 496 in it. That's the Race car. This is the daily Fun Car =). But given some time I am prone to do all kinda stuff!

I agree about the color. I was on the Hunt for one and this one popped up close to the house. deal was good so I jumped On it! =)

Thanks Guys - yall are great!
Looks nice I like the ground effects package.
2SS gives you leather and some other options. You can also tell if your ss badges are red
Old 07-27-2018, 09:48 PM   #11
Arkangel-77

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 to 91 to 13 View Post
Looks nice I like the ground effects package.
2SS gives you leather and some other options. You can also tell if your ss badges are red

I got all Leather - I know the SS badge on the steering wheel is Silver. I have owned this thing for less that 12 Hrs lol.

Quote:
The Range plugs into your obd port and disables the AFM. It's plug and play. I used to use one until I got tuned. Now I use it in my Tahoe.

Gotcha and Thank you for the Info =)
Old 07-27-2018, 09:52 PM   #12
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
Quote:

Ditto. The Range AFM disabler is always on eBay. I can simply pull it out on any long trips. I like having the option.
On exhaust, I cut out the ridiculous resonators and went with Magnaflow performance muffs. Still pass smog in CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:18 PM   #13
jc615
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro and Sierra
Hit the lock button twice and then hold the remote start.
jc615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:36 PM   #14
Arkangel-77

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshelar View Post
Ditto. The Range AFM disabler is always on eBay. I can simply pull it out on any long trips. I like having the option.
On exhaust, I cut out the ridiculous resonators and went with Magnaflow performance muffs. Still pass smog in CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ima look for that Range AFM disabler right now! DID You just have a Muffler shop replace the resonators with straight pipes? I havent bin under the car yet, But It looks all stock from what I can see. 2 squarish mufflers at the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc615 View Post
Hit the lock button twice and then hold the remote start.
I am going to Try that Right now!