Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-09-2009, 08:20 AM   #15
bono83

Drives: 1969 Chevelle, 2010 1LT
I'm at 11 weeks now but my dealer told me 6-8. Found out that I wasn't getting straight answers. I [B]STRONGLY RECOMMEND[B] that you find one of the knowledgeable, honest supporting dealers to purchase from that post to this forum like Camaro Scotty and The Viz. They'll give you honest answers about what to expect. I wish I found this forum before I ordered.
bono83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:07 AM   #16
WildClay

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I am at 4 months and waiting, don't even have an order code yet. As others have said I really wish I had known about this forum before ordering mine, it has been a real education. I never dreamed that ordering a new car could be or would be such a mess, I had never ordered a car before, always just bought one off the lot.

The dealer seems to be the key to your "luck" and what a shame that you have to use the word "luck" when it comes to a $30,000+ purchase. I obviously did not end up with a very good dealer, they were good on price, no gouging, good on the trade in price offered, was roughly blue book retail, but it appears they do not have an allocation since to date they have been unable to produce or give me an order code.

Not sure what my next step is, the deposit as with most dealers is non-refundable, mine was only $750 but when you read the small print on the sales contract it turns out your cost could be much more than your deposit. I had actually read the fine print before signing so I have no one to blame but myself, since it made sense to prevent people from ordering an walking away under normal circumstances.

If you walk away, you are then liable for all of the costs the dealer incurred to order, get, and sell the car to someone else, even if they cancel your order, they could hit you for their cost of just going through the process so you could be out another few grand on top of your deposit.

If I do somehow get out of this contract, my next deal will be either drive it off the lot or no deposit until I get a valid order code of at least, Accepted by GM.
WildClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #17
LSP2010
IM A GURL

Drives: 2010/2SS
look down
3100, Order available to sequence- n/a
3300, Order sch. for production--- 21may09
3400, Order broadcast------------ 28may09
3800, Order produced ------------ 2jun09(2G1FT1EW8A9114199)
4000, Available to ship
4200, Shipped--------------------9june09

ITS HERE 18JUNE09
LSP2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:13 AM   #18
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
I am at 6+ weeks now(ordered 6/24/09) and my Camaro has shipped(4200) and is currently on the truck. I am guessing it will arrive sometime next week so I will be somewhere around the 7+ to 8 week mark from order date.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #19
Outlaw

Drives: 2SS M6, IBM w/ Silver Rally
Mine arrived 86 days after ordering.

Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #20
xxbrankxx

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
92 days at 1100. :(
Old 08-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #21
ThunderSS

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildClay View Post
I am at 4 months and waiting, don't even have an order code yet. As others have said I really wish I had known about this forum before ordering mine, it has been a real education. I never dreamed that ordering a new car could be or would be such a mess, I had never ordered a car before, always just bought one off the lot.

The dealer seems to be the key to your "luck" and what a shame that you have to use the word "luck" when it comes to a $30,000+ purchase. I obviously did not end up with a very good dealer, they were good on price, no gouging, good on the trade in price offered, was roughly blue book retail, but it appears they do not have an allocation since to date they have been unable to produce or give me an order code.

Not sure what my next step is, the deposit as with most dealers is non-refundable, mine was only $750 but when you read the small print on the sales contract it turns out your cost could be much more than your deposit. I had actually read the fine print before signing so I have no one to blame but myself, since it made sense to prevent people from ordering an walking away under normal circumstances.

If you walk away, you are then liable for all of the costs the dealer incurred to order, get, and sell the car to someone else, even if they cancel your order, they could hit you for their cost of just going through the process so you could be out another few grand on top of your deposit.

If I do somehow get out of this contract, my next deal will be either drive it off the lot or no deposit until I get a valid order code of at least, Accepted by GM.
If you have submitted an order, which means you walked in payed them X amount of dollars to order the car.. They have an order Number for you.. Talk to your sales manager, instead of your salesman.
There is no reason they shouldn't give it to you..
if they wont give you an order number then there shouldn't be any reason they shouldn't give you back your deposit.
The order number shows they have at least submitted the order into the system, and assigned your name to it, with out it, they could possibly sell that car to anybody, and leave you out to dry. It has happened before.

2010 Camaro SS/RS HKE Forged 416 CID
http://www.fquick.com/ThunderZ28
510 HP/485 Ft. Lbs
ThunderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #22
volboy23

Drives: an SS.....
Hopefully the times will start getting shorter. I am hoping to order mine this week. Based on the hints that camaro scotty has been giving they are moving to the turn and burn allocation. So, if you are selling them then you are going to be getting allocations for builds. Hopefully that is the case.
volboy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #23
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Check out autotrader.com. Im sure if u dont mind doing some driving you will find one u like for close to MSRP. If they dont have an alloction no way in hell i would order it from there unless u like pain.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #24
nhra stocker

Drives: 69,10 camaro 71 chevelle
Ordered mine 5/19 was the 3rd camaro ordered at my dealer still at 1100 though. Dealer says this thrusday i should be up for allocation and it should get picked up. I hope he isnt pulling my chain. He said it wasnt picked up last month due to manual trans constraints. Ordered a SS RS black 2SS black int. stick.
nhra stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #25
WildClay

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Sales Manager...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderSS View Post
If you have submitted an order, which means you walked in payed them X amount of dollars to order the car.. They have an order Number for you.. Talk to your sales manager, instead of your salesman.
There is no reason they shouldn't give it to you..
if they wont give you an order number then there shouldn't be any reason they shouldn't give you back your deposit.
The order number shows they have at least submitted the order into the system, and assigned your name to it, with out it, they could possibly sell that car to anybody, and leave you out to dry. It has happened before.
I walked in made the deal for the car, they drew up a sales contract, I put down $750, and signed the contract and the General Sales Manager signed it. That was Apr 11. I did not know about this site or about order codes until a couple of weeks ago. Up until then I have spoken both in person and on the phone with the Sales Manager serveral times. The day I joined this forum was the first time I found out about order codes, GM Customer Care nor my dealer had ever made any reference to them.

A couple of weeks ago when I called to get status I talked to the Sales Managers, which surprised me since he had been dodging me for a month. On that call he gave me the order number and this site address, I think he thought he was giving me good information and that I would be out of his hair but he gave me the order code to the wrong car, and that has been verified by The Viz and GM Customer Care(less).

Since that day I have not been able to get either the salesman, sales manager to take or return my calls. When I went in in person, the Sales Manager said the computers were down and he would call me, no call.

They are not willing to let me out of the contract and refund my money or obligation to pay their costs for getting the car, which is a part of the contract, so for the moment I am stuck.

GM Customer Care says they can't do any more than call the dealer, and they are getting the same run around as me, and also claim that they have no way to look up orders.

It looks like I may have to get a lawyer to get out of this, I'll see. This thing is just a mess, in buying GM's for over 25 years this is the first time I have had any trouble with buying a car from them, in fact, this is the first issue I have ever had with GM, I have always had good service, pre/post sale, maintenance, everything, which is why I keep getting GM's. Until this I did not even know they had a customer care center...
WildClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #26
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
over 11 weeks, car has been built for 3 weeks... still waiting
Old 08-10-2009, 12:22 PM   #27
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
It's been 22 days since we ordered and we have a build date of 8/17/09. It's moving along fast!

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:24 PM   #28
WAY2FAST

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS Red M6
10 fking months! But that is the exception, not the rule!
WAY2FAST is offline   Reply With Quote