Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Drives: indeed
2012 SS Seat - Lower

Hey guys, I picked up an SS 45th the other day and I have noticed that even with the seat all the way down if I sit up straight my head is about an inch from the roof and my hair can sometimes touch it (lol). I do have a sunroof but there is no way I can sit comfortably with a helmet in there. I am only 6'0 so it's not like I'm a monster......

I didn't find anything with Search.....

Is there a way to lower the seat at the mounting bracket?
Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #2
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Also was looking in to this with a helmet and the power seat down all the way i still have to slouch down to clear the head liner even on a non sunroof car and im 6'2 ish also. Only treads I could find were about making the passager seat taller to match the drivers
Old 06-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Drives: indeed
It's a little surprising this isn't more common request.
Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
stvbldso

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I have the same issue. To clear the roof, I have to "recline" the back of the seat, and then I feel too far away from the steering wheel. I don't like "laying down" to drive. Surely someone has an idea about the best way to correct this. And if someone does....thank you in advance for sharing it with us.

Steven
2013 Suburban 1500 LT
stvbldso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Being a short guy I have put my seat in the all the way back and lowered position and marvel at how that's not enough room for some.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
jesserayjames

Drives: Drives a 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6M
Cool

the sun roof is the culprit, that's why I didn't order one.......................... JRJ
Old 06-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #7
stvbldso

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I agree. The sunroof will rob interior roof clearance. That's why I don't have a sunroof.......yet I still have the same problem.

I am 6'2" tall. I have a normal proportion or "ratio" of leg length versus torso length, and I still find the roof clearance lacking.

Yes, for all of you who will reply, proving your height, and telling us that you fit in your car just fine, thanks for the replies. But again, not everyone likes to recline to drive.

Surely Chevrolet or people like the "fbodfather" have heard these comments before..... I'm wondering if Chevrolet has a solution, or might consider working on one...... I would buy a kit that would fix this problem. And I'm not sure that the existing aftermarket kit that is out there (allowing the seat to move further back) will solve the height problem.
2013 Suburban 1500 LT
stvbldso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #8
SemyDaCop
LocoBee in da RGV

Drives: '10 Custom RY 1LT, '14 BlK SS/RS
Hate to tell all you tal guys...this car was designed for shorter people average height of 5'10" . I have heard of people buying racing seats ...they sit lower.

2010 Camaro 1Lt Custom
2014 Camaro 2SS/RS Custom
SemyDaCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvbldso View Post
I agree. The sunroof will rob interior roof clearance. That's why I don't have a sunroof.......yet I still have the same problem.

I am 6'2" tall. I have a normal proportion or "ratio" of leg length versus torso length, and I still find the roof clearance lacking.

Yes, for all of you who will reply, proving your height, and telling us that you fit in your car just fine, thanks for the replies. But again, not everyone likes to recline to drive.

Surely Chevrolet or people like the "fbodfather" have heard these comments before..... I'm wondering if Chevrolet has a solution, or might consider working on one...... I would buy a kit that would fix this problem. And I'm not sure that the existing aftermarket kit that is out there (allowing the seat to move further back) will solve the height problem.
And just think, they fought with the engineers in Australia to get the roof LOWER.

Hope you figure something out.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #10
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvbldso View Post

Same issue. I'm 6'3" - 6'4" range. I do not have a sunroof, but I still have a hard time when I'm wearing a helmet. My head is smashed into the roof with my neck compressed (with the seat all the way down and leaned back).
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
I'm 6'4" and about the only way that works for me is seat all the way to the rear, reclined quite a bit, telescope the steering wheel all the way to the rear. This works perfectly for me. There is absolutely NO room between the back of my seat and the front of the back seat just to give some sort of reference. Hope this helps.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #12
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
^ What he said. 6' 6" here.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #13
Risen

Drives: Yellow 2013 1SS 1LE
I'm 5-10 but my torso is a little taller and my legs shorter than average. I have the same problem in my 13 1LE without sunroof. Between Bell, Simpson and Impact helmets, the Impact Wizard gave me the best head clearance. These are all around $300 helmets i was looking at. No idea how to lower seat without getting a racing one.

To the short guy: its not as easy as lowering it and pushing it all the way back. You have to be able to see out the front window and reach the steering wheel and pedals to drive the car.
Risen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:37 AM   #14
Oliv59

Drives: 45th M6
Up !

Is there a way to lower the seat ?
Not to push it back, I just want to lower it.
6"7 here and I wish to be able to comfortably wear an helmet.
Oliv59 is offline   Reply With Quote