Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-23-2019, 12:27 PM   #29
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
did mine at home with the wifes hair dryer.heat them and peel as you go.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:35 PM   #30
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
that's a really nice first Camaro!
I'm a woman too, and I named my Khaleesi cuz she's like Dani's white hair and fire.
get some tint on that front windshield and that black LT will really turn heads.
Best of luck and ENJOY!!!

oh yeah, your boyfriend's a keeper!

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:27 PM   #31
XxCrystalline

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT
We have removed the stripes lol. Took 3 of us with a heat gun and a razor blade on this hot summer day! Such good friends I have. Even getting a power wash now.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:29 PM   #32
XxCrystalline

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMADONNA View Post
that's a really nice first Camaro!
I'm a woman too, and I named my Khaleesi cuz she's like Dani's white hair and fire.
get some tint on that front windshield and that black LT will really turn heads.
Best of luck and ENJOY!!!

oh yeah, your boyfriend's a keeper!
Absolutely, there was some old tint left behind I was working on removing but the little bit left shouldn't be hard for them to remove if I get it later. Just need to change the caliper covers to blue and pretty much set for the exterior. I love the name and white is really a great car color. Since we got such a deal I was fine with whatever color I got.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:36 PM   #33
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxCrystalline View Post
Absolutely, there was some old tint left behind I was working on removing but the little bit left shouldn't be hard for them to remove if I get it later. Just need to change the caliper covers to blue and pretty much set for the exterior. I love the name and white is really a great car color. Since we got such a deal I was fine with whatever color I got.
Instead of replacing the caliper covers, might consider painting the calipers. A little more work, but IMO, look much better then the covers.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:48 PM   #34
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
welcome to the forum, your car looks great!

at 128k, a thorough tune-up may help your car last longer. I assume it did not come with any maintenance records, so I would change all fluids, make sure that air filter is clean, check your plugs and replace as needed. All of which is easy to do with basic tools. There are many DIY threads on this site, even one thread how to make a drive up ramp (makes fluid changes much easier).
Old 06-23-2019, 09:06 PM   #35
XxCrystalline

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetRage320 View Post
welcome to the forum, your car looks great!

at 128k, a thorough tune-up may help your car last longer. I assume it did not come with any maintenance records, so I would change all fluids, make sure that air filter is clean, check your plugs and replace as needed. All of which is easy to do with basic tools. There are many DIY threads on this site, even one thread how to make a drive up ramp (makes fluid changes much easier).
Thank you! Yea, the fluids were of course "topped off" at the dealership I got it from but I'm going to let Chevy service it all around at least one good time so I can have a better starting point when I start doing things myself. I've been trying to learn how to clean the cold air intake, but I keep seeing the ones with the oil coating? If I don't have that one I just put it back on after air drying right? Or is there another step?

Old 06-23-2019, 09:30 PM   #36
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
Quote:
We have removed the stripes lol. Took 3 of us with a heat gun and a razor blade on this hot summer day! Such good friends I have. Even getting a power wash now.

nice work!! all it cost you was some time and effort.
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 10:31 PM   #37
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Thank you! Yea, the fluids were of course "topped off" at the dealership I got it from but I'm going to let Chevy service it all around at least one good time so I can have a better starting point when I start doing things myself. I've been trying to learn how to clean the cold air intake, but I keep seeing the ones with the oil coating? If I don't have that one I just put it back on after air drying right? Or is there another step?
The sensor can be contaminated by the filter oil. If you do put oil on it make sure it is very little or you will create problems. Like just enuf to make it turn red. Some are dry filters that don't need oil and shouldn't be washed either.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 10:43 PM   #38
ZRX1040

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
That's a K&N air filter/CAI. Get yourself a K&N air filter care/cleaning kit. $12 on Amazon. Wash it, let it dry in the sun, and LIGHTLY oil it. It'll last for years. I have the same one on my SS.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:08 AM   #39
XxCrystalline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRX1040 View Post
That's a K&N air filter/CAI. Get yourself a K&N air filter care/cleaning kit. $12 on Amazon. Wash it, let it dry in the sun, and LIGHTLY oil it. It'll last for years. I have the same one on my SS.
Thank you, I couldn't figure it out at all. I knew it was K&N but I figured if it wasnt red that meant it was the dry variety and I cant find a lot of info on that? Do people just replace them? The thing is technically too big anyway, the hood pad has a bad rubbing mark in it from where its touching.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:17 AM   #40
ZRX1040

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
The oil in the kit is red, once it get's dirty it looks gray. The kit with the oil spray is the way to go.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:35 AM   #41
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
congrats and welcome to the forum!
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:08 AM   #42
13BRM2SSRS

Drives: 13 Camaro 2SS Vert L99
Congrats and welcome, this is a great place to find out about anything Camaro! I read that you already removed the hood stripes, looks great! Fyi 3M makes a rubber disc that you attach to a drill to remove pinstripes, vinyl stripes, etc... it works really well and wont damage the paint.
Black GFX / Dynatech Supermaxx LT Headers / FR Black Chrome ZL1 Replicas 275/315 / RDP Tune / CAI / VMAX TB / MBRP SS Catback / Gtechniq CSL & EXOV3 / VTC / RX Catch Can / Valentine 1 / Halo DRL / LED Fogs
13BRM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice or opinions, camaro 2011 1lt, new owner, used car