Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-28-2018, 04:37 PM   #29
kusirou

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
I made a post about this a long while ago... I thought I did something, but apparently it is a thing. I no longer own the car, but I had a neighbor experience a similar issue.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462068
kusirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:34 PM   #30
Fish2SS

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post
So today on my way to work I figured out how to replicate my issue with consistency. When i am going at "in traffic" speed. So like stop and go, traffic. Light throttle input from a stop (like maybe 10% throttle) the car will literally jerk forward out of first gear into 2nd. I did this 4 times on my drive in by stopping and inching forward. This happened in drive (any mode) and also in manual mode shifting myself. The car was sufficiently warmed up. 2nd to 3rd it gets better but isn't great, and 3rd-8th seems fine.

The only way I can describe it in text is this:
Come to a complete stop,
inch forward in 1st gear,
when the TM wants to shift to 2nd, the car will jump about 200 RPM, hang there for a half a second or so, (in AUTO)
jerk into 2nd gear. It actually spilled my coffee

I do not seem to have any issues with any other gear but i very very rarely drive in Automatic because of these issues so I couldn't really say with any confidence that this doesn't happen in 2-8. I have been learning to drive around the issue by letting 1st rev out a little longer in manual mode (to about 3-3500 RPM) and then shifting myself. It is very annoying but it is getting me by.
This is exactly what is happening to me. This started about 3-4 weeks ago. I've had the car for a year and it has almost 10k miles on it. I took it to a dealership, replicated the issue while driving with their mechanic, and they said it's fine and refused to do anything.

I called corporate and they told me a "senior advisor" will call me in the next 48 hours. This is not a minor issue for me as this is my daily driver and weekdays tend to have lots of traffic.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:07 PM   #31
Spellbound

Drives: 2K17 SS Camaro
My wife's 17' SS is in the shop for these issues right now. Dealer was in the process of doing the *triple flush* and stopped, thought the whole thing was stupid, called GM and got permission to go a head and replace the torque converter.
12.005@117 Bone Stock with a DR

2018 ZL1 A10, no times, wife won't let me race it.
Spellbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:52 AM   #32
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
My wife's 17' SS is in the shop for these issues right now. Dealer was in the process of doing the *triple flush* and stopped, thought the whole thing was stupid, called GM and got permission to go a head and replace the torque converter.
Let me know if this solves it. Mine has been better lately in fact but not perfect.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:47 PM   #33
Bigblue_SSix

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Hey guys, new to the Camaro world as well as this forum. (First post!)

I bought my 17 2SS A8 with 17400 miles on it last month. I’ve put about 2000 miles on it since. So far I’m loving the experience and everything about the car.

One issue I’m noticing is the 1-2 shift problem everyone here is talking about. Only during easy throttle, whether car is warm or cold, does it shift hard from 1-2.

Even if I’m sitting at a redlight in manual mode and I paddle shift into 2nd, I don’t hear any malignant or cringe-worthy noises, it just kind of bucks. The shift is hard and I feel as if it’s almost enough to spill a drink if you have it filled to the top. This happens when I’m not moving, and seems to become less noticeable the faster I go. Aggressive driving It feels smooth as silk, only when I’m not moving or rolling or coasting does it mini buck into 2nd. Anyone else have that issue when not moving or going slow? Also, might just be in my head, but I feel like when in auto mode the 1-2 shift is softer than when in manual.

Bigblue_SSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 01:54 PM   #34
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblue_SSix View Post
Hey guys, new to the Camaro world as well as this forum. (First post!)

I bought my 17 2SS A8 with 17400 miles on it last month. I’ve put about 2000 miles on it since. So far I’m loving the experience and everything about the car.

One issue I’m noticing is the 1-2 shift problem everyone here is talking about. Only during easy throttle, whether car is warm or cold, does it shift hard from 1-2.

Even if I’m sitting at a redlight in manual mode and I paddle shift into 2nd, I don’t hear any malignant or cringe-worthy noises, it just kind of bucks. The shift is hard and I feel as if it’s almost enough to spill a drink if you have it filled to the top. This happens when I’m not moving, and seems to become less noticeable the faster I go. Aggressive driving It feels smooth as silk, only when I’m not moving or rolling or coasting does it mini buck into 2nd. Anyone else have that issue when not moving or going slow? Also, might just be in my head, but I feel like when in auto mode the 1-2 shift is softer than when in manual.

Exactly what I am experiencing. Sometimes it is silky smooth for me under light throttle from 1-2 and sometimes it bucks.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 01:17 AM   #35
nooblyfe

Drives: camaro 2ss 6th gen
Bought mine at about 17,500 miles. 17' 2ss. it has about 20,500 now. really starting to notice that 1-2 issue as well. this is stupid.. feels like i wasted so much money.
nooblyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:44 AM   #36
Calvear0

Drives: Currently Looking for 2019 SS
I have this issue as well. I've noticed it a lot more lately. The car has 28k miles.
I've had the triple flush done twice for the shuddering but the shuddering is back. Is this related to the hard shifts?
Calvear0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:16 AM   #37
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
I was able to get mine to calm down a bit but it required tuning the transmission. I lowered the torque management a little, lowered the shift times in that low throttle low load area, and increased shift pressure a little bit. It has made that 1-2 shift a little more predictable and consistent.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:53 AM   #38
Native_2SS

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2016 2SS
ive been having the same issue lately with my 2ss a8. apparently my solenoids got stuck now ?? because it finally would not even get any power into my gears, i can shift and do everything normally but no power transfer. it just revs like its in neutral.. any thoughts? been trying to order new soleniods but gm is so backed up right now ive been waiting over a month..
Native_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 10:18 PM   #39
BigGuy81
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to BigGuy81 Send a message via AIM to BigGuy81 Send a message via Yahoo to BigGuy81
I also experience this, especially when it's cold. I think it's simply inherent to the design and programming of the trans. The fact that it's sometimes "fixed" after reprogram/flush/TC swap is probably more due to the relearn the TCM goes through after any major service.
BigGuy81 is offline   Reply With Quote