Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-08-2018, 11:56 AM   #29
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
You nailed what I was thinking. Currently, even the SS is track capable. A LT1 street model without the heavy duty cooling, without track brakes and all season tires. Compete with the basic GT or R/T
I disagree with this. The SS front end for 2019 was opened up MORE from the 2016-18 version for airflow.

If you look at the LT front end, it is ALSO opened up more than previous.

The 2019 LT front still has the side air curtain diverters and brake cooling duct openeings on each side; in addition a significantly larger upper grill and a slightly smaller lower grill.

If anything, the 2019 LT front end is as-good as the 2016-18 SS (note where the bumper-beam cover is sticking out on the 2016-18 SS).

Best I can do (cars are at a very light different angle from the road, but very close):
Attached Images

Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:14 PM   #30
audir18

Drives: 2019 Camaro V6 1LE (on order)
I don't think there is low cost V8, as low cost V8 is the new 2.7 turbo. To keep thing simple, GM probably is going to replace both 2.3 I4 and 3.6 V6 with the 2.7 turbo. Give it an SS hood and call it a day.
audir18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:33 PM   #31
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by audir18 View Post
I don't think there is low cost V8, as low cost V8 is the new 2.7 turbo. To keep thing simple, GM probably is going to replace both 2.3 I4 and 3.6 V6 with the 2.7 turbo. Give it an SS hood and call it a day.
I wish people would actually read and quit saying they are putting the 2.7 in the Camaro. It's a truck motor and per GM was designed to only work in the full size truck.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:37 PM   #32
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
I disagree with this. The SS front end for 2019 was opened up MORE from the 2016-18 version for airflow.

Man, I gotta say I do love the 2019 LT front end, and that photo makes me feel excited for the first time in a while. While there was nothing wrong with the original 6th gen front, the 2019 LT looks great. I saw one on the road last week and it looked pretty wild. I don't know what GM meant when one of their designers said the controversial SS fascia was made to make people say "what the heck is that?" -- the LT is pretty striking as-is. With the DRLs on, it almost looks like a quad head lamp / Firebird design from a distance and looks like absolutely nothing else on the road.

I am highly, highly anticipating an official announcement for this new V8 with the LT front end, if that's what this will be.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:48 PM   #33
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
I wish people would actually read and quit saying they are putting the 2.7 in the Camaro. It's a truck motor and per GM was designed to only work in the full size truck.
"truck motor" is a nonsense term, like 3/4 race cam. A truck application just focuses on low end torque, which is all GM meant by that statement you're fixated on. Realistically, an engine doesn't care what you put it in so long as it has spark, air, and fuel. Whether it's the right build for the job is another story.

According to the specs, it's in a similar vein as the old LB9/L98 TPI engines. Won't spin but fun light-to-light with a big bucket of torque down low. I could see it being perfectly fine as a daily in a 3500 lb chassis, but I do not see any role for it in this product line which is the more logical argument.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 04:10 PM   #34
Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
"truck motor" is a nonsense term, like 3/4 race cam. A truck application just focuses on low end torque, which is all GM meant by that statement you're fixated on. Realistically, an engine doesn't care what you put it in so long as it has spark, air, and fuel. Whether it's the right build for the job is another story.

According to the specs, it's in a similar vein as the old LB9/L98 TPI engines. Won't spin but fun light-to-light with a big bucket of torque down low. I could see it being perfectly fine as a daily in a 3350lb chassis, but I do not see any role for it in this product line which is the more logical argument.
Fixed.

The Turbo cars can be anywhere between near 3200lbs and a bit under 3400lbs depending on trim.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:13 PM   #35
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Fixed.

The Turbo cars can be anywhere between near 3200lbs and a bit under 3400lbs depending on trim.
You get the drift.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 05:52 PM   #36
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Front fenders almost look like ZL1 width....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Very poorly reconstructed image.

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:44 PM   #37
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Man, I gotta say I do love the 2019 LT front end, and that photo makes me feel excited for the first time in a while. While there was nothing wrong with the original 6th gen front, the 2019 LT looks great. I saw one on the road last week and it looked pretty wild. I don't know what GM meant when one of their designers said the controversial SS fascia was made to make people say "what the heck is that?" -- the LT is pretty striking as-is. With the DRLs on, it almost looks like a quad head lamp / Firebird design from a distance and looks like absolutely nothing else on the road.

I am highly, highly anticipating an official announcement for this new V8 with the LT front end, if that's what this will be.
I’m with you. If that’s a 2020 option, that would be great. Even if it is supposed to be a budget car, I hope you can order one optioned the way you want. I’d jump all over that
Old 10-08-2018, 10:13 PM   #38
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

The 2019 LT front still has the side air curtain diverters and brake cooling duct openeings on each side; in addition a significantly larger upper grill and a slightly smaller lower grill.

If anything, the 2019 LT front end is as-good as the 2016-18 SS (note where the bumper-beam cover is sticking out on the 2016-18 SS).

Best I can do (cars are at a very light different angle from the road, but very close):
I disagree. The side curtain look decorative only.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:25 PM   #39
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

Also. Look at where the aux coolers are located. Wouldn’t the be behind the RS curtains?
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:21 PM   #40
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
If GM isn't planning to offer some derivatives of the fascia with fog lamps, I think those side curtains would be a good place to throw some aftermarket lights on. I was kind of surprised that the 2019 LT has no fog lights to speak of, where-as the pre-refresh LT obviously does (and nice ones at that -- I like the vertical orientation vs. horizontal of the SS.)
Old 10-09-2018, 12:21 AM   #41
Mountain

Quote:
Good point on the coolers. The side curtains are 100% function as I can attest to it.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:19 AM   #42
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post

According to the specs, it's in a similar vein as the old LB9/L98 TPI engines. Won't spin but fun light-to-light with a big bucket of torque down low. I could see it being perfectly fine as a daily in a 3500 lb chassis, but I do not see any role for it in this product line which is the more logical argument.
It's long rod/stroke ratio motor with a low redline and physical dimensions for a truck. It's a truck motor. I don't need to word it to your satisfaction for a "logical argument". I think you just post sometimes to hear yourself talk.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote