Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-03-2017, 01:44 PM   #15
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsnare98 View Post
To further explain...

Section width measures side wall to side wall at the widest point and all tires of the same size will have the same section width. The reason why tread width is different on the same size tires is because when the side wall angles in the tread width gets smaller and tread width is measure at the very top from side wall to side wall.

An easy way to figure out how your tires will fit. If your section width and tread width are the same, your side wall will be flat. If your tread width is smaller than your section width, your tire will "look" stretched (I'm stessing Looked). Now here's the thing...tires are designed this way and it doesn't mean the tire is actually stretched. It might have that appearance, it it doesn't mean it is.

My picture I posted above will show you the khumo ecsta will have the most stretched look of the tires I chose to compare. But in reality, it's the design of the tire and it'll look stretched even when it's not on a rim.
This is good information for people who do not look at the specs and well explained. This is why I'm stressing over the new continental tire specs. I am sold on trying them but with out the specs do not want a stretched tire on a 20x11.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote