Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-20-2018, 08:19 AM   #127
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
And this is a good reason why the photoshop crap should stop , people come here and they don't even know what they are looking at .
They should just stop releasing this crap. Sell the 2018 one more year until you design it better.

I’m sure they will sell better out of fear that it will be the last good looking Camaro.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:32 AM   #128
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
They should just stop releasing this crap. Sell the 2018 one more year until you design it better
If the 2018 design was better people would be forking over the money faster and would be selling more , unfortunately thats not the case . We can talk about the new design and sales in a year from now . Good luck on your wait for the better design .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:21 AM   #129
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
It looks great in those pictures and like the refresh overall. Noticing some of the haters are starting to already soften their position, can’t wait until sales start so we can see if the forum members predictions of complete ugly failure are in touch with the buying public or they are just haters. It’s going to be very curious when we get some sales numbers.

Last edited by RealG; 05-20-2018 at 09:33 AM.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 11:09 AM   #130
mjross

Drives: 2014 Vette Stingray,2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
These were some of the same sentiments and comments about C7 when it first appeared. I owned a C6 and personally, did not like the rear and front fascia on the C7 and still don't. Regardless, I still see a lot of C7's. Apparently someone likes them and this may hold true for the "19 Camaro. I will add that the A10 in the new Camaro is a huge plus and it might be just enough that buyers can live with the cosmetic appearance changes.
Not! The vast majority love the design of the new C7...
mjross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:59 PM   #131
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjross View Post
Not! The vast majority love the design of the new C7...
Exactly! There were a few naysayers about losing the round taillights, but overall people went crazy for the C7.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:55 PM   #132
GelflingEssence
Banned

Drives: 2016 Challenger SRT 392
Fugly in all colors :(
GelflingEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:04 PM   #133
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
If the 2018 design was better people would be forking over the money faster and would be selling more , unfortunately thats not the case

They need a new style direction. The 6th Gen is a fantastic car, but largely because of the current styling it’s been a sales disappointment.
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:08 PM   #134
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:01 PM   #135
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
This...

They need a new style direction. The 6th Gen is a fantastic car, but largely because of the current styling it’s been a sales disappointment.
They need to decide first if the Camaro will be a muscle car or sports car . The 2019 refresh leaves it in limbo ,i believe it started out in the 6th Gen as a sports car. The 7th Gen will have to reinvent the Camaro and i have a feeling a lot of people won't be ready for it , just look what is going on with the current refresh. To be honest i would have much rather have seen a all new design Camaro for the 5 Gen then the 1st Gen look they developed.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 11:06 PM   #136
Michael2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmadden2 View Post
^^^ Couldn't agree more ^^^

I'm really fortunate that about a year ago my wife essentially gave me a blank check to buy any new Camaro I wanted. She didn't care what year it was, trim level, color, or transmission. She didn't care what it cost, be it a vert, a coupe, 2SS or ZL1. She basically said... "Buy a car you'll love for a very long time, get the one you really like. You want the supercharger go for it, you want a stick, fine, 8-speed, 10-speed, who cares… just get what makes you happy."

Well it took a while for me to weed through the options, all the while waiting to see the 2019 refresh.

1) I've driven manuals now on and off for 30 years, and while certainly fun for a little while, I don't want one for the long term. I’d like an A8 or A10, so not a 1LE.

2) I don't like the Recaro seats so that takes the ZL1 out. I'm not getting any younger and I want comfort now and in the future (before searching out Camaros, I thought I’d be getting a Corvette but the seats are just too low, I’m not interested in fighting to crawl out of it every time I get somewhere, so that was a no on the Vettes). I'm basically trying to find a car I can be happy driving for possibly decades. I want to buy a keeper.

3) I wanted a car that would age well and be pleasing to look at for a long time. So when the 19's finally arrived and the look was so polarizing to so many, myself included, it looked like they probably weren’t for me. Without any coaching, I showed the new front end to my wife to get a reaction; she made a funny eyebrow wiggle and said… “if that’s what you want”. She’s a poor poker player, but has good taste, she obviously thought it looked weird. The 19’s were out. I'd look for a good deal on a new 16-18 with an A8.

Cars lose their value so horribly that I'm not going to get a lot of chances to "pick whatever you want" over my lifetime. I don’t want to/probably can't afford to trade in frequently looking for the next best thing. I want a Camaro that will become part of the family. I sort of tried to think about the 16-18's vs the 19's in extremes to get a gut feeling. Would either car look great for a long time? The 16-18's seem like they would. Would the '19 end up like buying an AMC Pacer, a Ford Edsel, a Pontiac Aztek? Maybe, why risk it?

It wasn't really that hard of a choice in the end. The A10 isn't something that I'm going to really notice missing and that front end isn't something I want to hope to learn to love.

As I've mentioned in other posts, we ended up going with a leftover 2017 2SS. I found one with every feature I wanted and none that I didn't. I got the color I liked without having to choose a black one just to hide the new bumper line. The car I bought doesn’t need any excuses. I even scored nearly 25% off sticker, which was a nice plus. I drive American cars and it would be nice if they tried to look American. I don't want to drive a Toyota, or any car that has the modern design language of massive grille monstrosities. I want a normal car with a normal a front end, not just a big hole up front. Something that’s good looking today and has a reasonable chance of standing the test of time.

Our new car has been home now for a few weeks and while not as outrageously fast as the ZL1, or as “new” looking as a 2019 we've gotten so many compliments from neighbors and co-workers. It’s fast enough for us, and very comfortable. My wife has driven it to work several times and many co-workers young and old have raved about the color and style, she's given lots of little rides around town and it seems like a big hit. I like it, she likes it, friends, family, co-workers like it. It's a beautiful car, nothing strange about it!

In reality cars are all so similar, they all have doors, steering wheels, tires, engines. I already have a couple of great cars and honestly don’t need a Camaro at all; it’s just a toy for fun and its good looks. Maybe the 2019’s will be perfect for someone, but that someone wasn’t me.

Your wife sounds like a keeper. Glad you were able wot squeak under the wire with your 2018. It's a beauty! The one on the left? Uh, no.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:12 PM   #137
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Sales would improve for Camaro if Chevy fired the entire marketing staff and started over. Good marketing can sell anything, even this cheesy, smiling abomination.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:44 PM   #138
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Sales would improve for Camaro if Chevy fired the entire marketing staff and started over. Good marketing can sell anything, even this cheesy, smiling abomination.
Corvette does not have marketing almost ... why do they sell in a normal way if "almost nobody knows about them"?
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 11:55 PM   #139
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Still looks like a '18 Honda Accord or old Charger SXT/RT. And blacking out the misplaced flowtie just makes the "person driving around a car with parts missing" effect even worse.

Best to just get it in old GBA black so there is nothing to stand out and just let the performance speak for itself without any awkward stares due to the poorly executed front end.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:28 AM   #140
Michael2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
Still looks like a '18 Honda Accord or old Charger SXT/RT. And blacking out the misplaced flowtie just makes the "person driving around a car with parts missing" effect even worse.

Best to just get it in old GBA black so there is nothing to stand out and just let the performance speak for itself without any awkward stares due to the poorly executed front end.
I was thinking black may cover up this abomination, but I am having my doubts after taking a closer look at the photos. It looks like the bumper cross bar is a semi-matte finish, so it's still going to stick out like buck teeth with fangs.