Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-16-2018, 09:17 AM   #57
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
^^^Thank you! That verifies it's one rear spring for all FE3 coupe configurations.

Also, 23382416 has been replaced by 84084729, making it the same rear damper pair as the SS FE3.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:14 AM   #58
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
^^^Thank you! That verifies it's one rear spring for all FE3 coupe configurations.

Also, 23382416 has been replaced by 84084729, making it the same rear damper pair as the SS FE3.
yup, I got both of em sitting behind me on the floor as I type this...

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 05:56 PM   #59
Mrfixxit7

Drives: FIFTY 2SS Callaway
Guys, I am in the process of swapping out my FE3 suspension for FE4 and as I was swapping out the rear links I noticed that some of the parts had the same part numbers stamped in them but the FE4 parts had a sticker added that changed the parts numbers to FE4. Maybe the rubber material is different between the FE3 and FE4 but other than they they are identical.
Attached Images

Mrfixxit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:39 PM   #60
PolynesianPowerhouse

I know this has been mostly suspension....but given the forum, does anyone have in specific, any brake part numbers.

I've pieced together the 1LE 6 piston setup, but am still looking for the backing plates, as the ones I have for the v6 and the SS are gonna be to small upon install.

the ones I am looking for are in this pic. they are smaller, like literally half the size. don't really wanna go through cutting up the shields this time around like I had to on the 5th gen.
Attached Images

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 05-10-2018, 12:54 PM   #61
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
I know this has been mostly suspension....but given the forum, does anyone have in specific, any brake part numbers.

I've pieced together the 1LE 6 piston setup, but am still looking for the backing plates, as the ones I have for the v6 and the SS are gonna be to small upon install.

the ones I am looking for are in this pic. they are smaller, like literally half the size. don't really wanna go through cutting up the shields this time around like I had to on the 5th gen.
Actually, the SS track shields offer more cooling, as they are more cut-out... The way they are cut-out, they will not interfere with bigger or smaller brakes, if that is a worry.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...8#post10140168

I can take a peak at the shields on my 1LE; see if I can find a part number. But, I would just run the SS track shields if you have them. I will switch over to them if I feel like a need a little more cooling help than the 1LE/6-piston version supply.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:45 AM   #62
Mountain

The SS 1LE, GM PP 6-Piston kit, and, seems to be, ZL1 front brake dust shields are:

23336594 and 23336595

The SS Track shields are:
23385146 and 23385147
Old 05-11-2018, 02:09 PM   #63
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
Actually, the SS track shields offer more cooling, as they are more cut-out... The way they are cut-out, they will not interfere with bigger or smaller brakes, if that is a worry.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...8#post10140168

I can take a peak at the shields on my 1LE; see if I can find a part number. But, I would just run the SS track shields if you have them. I will switch over to them if I feel like a need a little more cooling help than the 1LE/6-piston version supply.
Quote:
The SS 1LE, GM PP 6-Piston kit, and, seems to be, ZL1 front brake dust shields are:

23336594 and 23336595

The SS Track shields are:
23385146 and 23385147
highly appreciate ALL of this info... I woulda went with either.

the V6's have a dust shield that doesn't even have the shark gills I believe. it might, but haven't looked in a long while. luckily when I switched from single piston to 4 piston, the rotor fit the dust shield.

changing the front lower link this past week, I noticed the rotor is right at the edge of the shield and this shield curves over top the rotor slightly. the larger 1LE 14.6 rotor is sure to hit it.

ordering em now!

Old 05-11-2018, 03:16 PM   #64
Mountain

Quote:
highly appreciate ALL of this info... I woulda went with either.

the V6's have a dust shield that doesn't even have the shark gills I believe. it might, but haven't looked in a long while. luckily when I switched from single piston to 4 piston, the rotor fit the dust shield.

changing the front lower link this past week, I noticed the rotor is right at the edge of the shield and this shield curves over top the rotor slightly. the larger 1LE 14.6 rotor is sure to hit it.

ordering em now!
Interesting. The SS stuff doesn't have any significant edge, so the rotor diameter/radius can be different than that of the dust shield.

Is your car a I4 or V6?
Old 05-11-2018, 05:02 PM   #65
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Interesting. The SS stuff doesn't have any significant edge, so the rotor diameter/radius can be different than that of the dust shield.

Is your car a I4 or V6?
Yea ill snag a picture of it soon. The shield is like a shallow plate of sorts... like a frisbee.

Its a v6

Old 05-15-2018, 11:53 AM   #66
PolynesianPowerhouse

Mountain, highly appreciated, uce! I owes you beers along with everyone else here that contributes thats helped me along the way! So juat keep that in mind if youre ever near me.
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2018, 01:52 PM   #67
Mountain

Quote:
Mountain, highly appreciated, uce! I owes you beers along with everyone else here that contributes thats helped me along the way! So juat keep that in mind if youre ever near me.

Just doing what I’d hope others would do for me if I needed something.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:24 AM   #68
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
so i think my front left strut may be bad and i have to order a new one. I have a 16 1ss with no mag ride so it appears it should be a part#23420869 does that sound right? lol damn this shit is confusing or should it be part#23420871 ??

https://www.thatgmpartsguy.com/auto-...omponents-scat
Old 05-21-2018, 02:34 PM   #69
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
so i think my front left strut may be bad and i have to order a new one. I have a 16 1ss with no mag ride so it appears it should be a part#23420869 does that sound right? lol damn this shit is confusing or should it be part#23420871 ??

https://www.thatgmpartsguy.com/auto-...omponents-scat
You are an AJ37 with FE3. Left strut is 23420871.

Do both while you're at it (23420872), because if you've blown one, the other probably isn't far behind.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:14 PM   #70
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
thanks!! and yea the other side isnt making a noise or blown and im waiting on some new bilsteins to come out soon lol