Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-05-2017, 09:51 PM   #99
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Trans Ram View Post
Dear GM.

Please ignore most posts here. It's juts people being funny. We really don't want more nannies, more electronics, or other things. What we ALL want, in order of importance, are:

1) LESS stuff. In other words, less weight.
2) More POWA!
3) E-diff
4) Wider stock wheels
5) Adjustable sway bars (tied to MRC, perhaps)

In other words, stuff that makes us go faster, stop quicker, or turn better.

Sincerely,

All of Us
As a wise man (fbodfather) once said:

Performance, weight, price: pick two.

You want to be able to afford the Camaro SS in the future, right?
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:26 AM   #100
camaro2lt-15

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS SGM
I have a '15 RRM 2LT
if it wasn't for price I would have a '16 2.0 T4 Yellow 1LT

The only thing I noticed that bothers me is the location of the center vents (my hands get cold easy)
That's all I don't like.
I think I can get use to the other changes in the interior
I'm ordering a Krypton Green 1LT
camaro2lt-15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:44 AM   #101
SixgenSix

Drives: 2020 SHOCK SS 1LE
Side view mirrors that fold.
SixgenSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:46 AM   #102

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Not sure if it's been addressed, but front seats that "fully" recline....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:58 AM   #103
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Not sure if it's been addressed, but front seats that "fully" recline....
If you do a search you'll find the modification for that.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:00 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
If you do a search you'll find the modification for that.
Sure anything can be modded by the owner or returned to the dealership, but has the factory addressed that in current production?

After a forum search, these recent threads, still showed it's still a post purchase fix....There appears to be no change from the factory for a different "fully reclining bucket-seat"....

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...t=seat+recline

It should be something included in a model refresh. I think it would be well received...

What did your search turn up?

Last edited by 90503; 03-06-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:28 AM   #105
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Sure anything can be modded by the owner or returned to the dealership, but has the factory addressed that in current production?

After a forum search, these recent threads, still showed it's still a post purchase fix....There appears to be no change from the factory for a different "fully reclining bucket-seat"....

It should be something included in a model refresh. I think it would be well received...

What did your search turn up?
This worked for me:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=444769&page=4
Old 03-06-2017, 02:02 PM   #106
00 Trans Ram

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
As a wise man (fbodfather) once said:

Performance, weight, price: pick two.

You want to be able to afford the Camaro SS in the future, right?
Problem is, that's just untrue. Weight and performance are the same thing (well, weight is a single factor of performance). And it'd be fairly easy to remove $10k of stuff from a Camaro that would also make it 500lbs lighter.

Now, I'm not saying that I necessarily WANT those things removed from my car. I like them. But, what I'm saying is don't add other things that cause weight to go up.
00 Trans Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:37 PM   #107
Chad0311
Likes V8 powered vehicles

Drives: '16 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Trans Ram View Post
Dear GM.

Please ignore most posts here. It's juts people being funny. We really don't want more nannies, more electronics, or other things. What we ALL want, in order of importance, are:

1) LESS stuff. In other words, less weight.
2) More POWA!
3) E-diff
4) Wider stock wheels
5) Adjustable sway bars (tied to MRC, perhaps)

In other words, stuff that makes us go faster, stop quicker, or turn better.

Sincerely,

All of Us
Yeah, hate to break it to you, but your comment doesn't represent every person on the forum. Many people want the nannies. Personally, I could do without most of the stuff mentioned (adaptive cruise, parking sensors, etc.)

I like having a larger touch screen, good sounding stereo, etc. which maybe others don't care about. But I'm not going to come on here and act like I speak for everyone either..

To each their own, man.
Chad0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:44 PM   #108
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad0311 View Post
Yeah, hate to break it to you, but your comment doesn't represent every person on the forum. Many people want the nannies. Personally, I could do without most of the stuff mentioned (adaptive cruise, parking sensors, etc.)
I think once a nanny is introduced in a model year, it's going to be an awful heck of an uphill battle trying to remove it anyway out of backlash from the perception that you're "downgrading" the car in some respect. Nannies are ok so long as there's an accessible setting to toggle them on or off. Cars are computers today. It's just a fact of life that behind every minor input you give a vehicle, its running millions of calculations per second, adjusting things with the most minuscule of precision.

I'd actually like automatic braking or collision detection. I know it's going to be a requirement soon, so may as well get it over with and include it when the refresh happens. It doesn't mean I'm entitled to drive without looking any more than basic traction control entitles me to speed through snow on summer tires.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:57 PM   #109
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
They don't need a refresh. They need a completely new body, from start to finish; and I mean complete. They already have more performance, than you can even remotely use on the street. The engineering under the skin is phenomenal. What isn't phenomenal, is the body. I know I know... OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS?? THIS IS THE MOST AWESOME CAMARO EVER WHICH IS WHY I BOUGHT ONE!! and all that. Unfortunately, the fan boys aren't enough to sustain the model line. The troubling downward curve of the sales trend for the last 5 years means something needs to change quick, or the Camaro isn't going to survive.

The 6th gen looks nice, but that's the problem; it just looks nice. By closing up the front the way they did, it makes it look sleepy, like eyes that are half open. I don't see people following a 6th gen into a gas station to take pictures and ask about the car (yes I know, somebody is going to insist that happens to them every week). I STILL get that reaction to my 5th gen, which I bought over 7 years ago.

Name:  IMG_0952.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  144.0 KB

Fan boys aside, the general public hasn't and isn't warming up to the car. It isn't because of the way it performs; it's because of the way it looks, period. It isn't exciting enough.

If Chevy wants to save this car, they need to come out with a completely new body style that is electrifying to look at, and stops you dead in your tracks when you see it. It has to make people follow you into a gas station, so they run up and say: "Is that the new Camaro!?" and want to take pictures of it.

They also need to get the price back down so the bread and butter customer base it used to appeal to, can afford it again. Forget all the idiot electronics. That customer base isn't looking for a high-performance GT. The customer who wants and will buy a Camaro, wants the car to be exciting to look at, exciting to be in, and a thrill to drive. Dodge's increase in sales, are because they've managed to deliver on some of that.

Chevy already has everything they need under the skin of the car; don't change that. Put ALL their efforts into a sharp, dynamic and exciting shape. A REAL shape; not a transformer toy fantasy robot with a bunch of ridiculous useless cutouts and crap. Make it all functional; brutally functional if necessary. Make it look like something you'd see in a hangar at Area 51. Make it a true driver experience car, with great visibility. No more bunker slot visibility. For those who think the bunker look is the greatest thing since sliced bread, look at the sales trend for the last 5 years... no, it isn't the greatest thing. Give the car exciting colors to match the shape. Make the colors just as electrifying as the shape.

Create a beautiful and functional interior. Figure out where to put cup holders so they're useful, and not in the way of your elbow while shifting. And yes... keep a manual trans. No nanny tech. If you want somebody to do everything for you, just call a cab or uber and leave the driving to those of us who want and enjoy the experience.

If Chevy doesn't reverse the sales trend of the last 5 years, and reverse it quick; they may have to cancel it again. It takes too long and costs too much to do a new model change. If the sales trend doesn't support the investment, they won't do it. They've already demonstrated that once before.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:14 PM   #110

They made their bed with evolutionary instead of revolutionary design....I wish they would have gone revolutionary with the looks and styling, but they played it safe by going evolutionary...

The Camaro is just another offering in the GM line-up....where sales fall off with one model, another offers something different....If Camaro were the only model the company offered, they'd change things up in a heart-beat....But it's just another ingredient in the big stew of GM's offerings....

Too bad....The Camaro was in a unique position to really change things up with each generation, but chose not too in the styling department....It's sales may not be fabulous, but it probably sells enough to survive.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:04 PM   #111
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
They don't need a refresh. They need a completely new body, from start to finish; and I mean complete. They already have more performance, than you can even remotely use on the street. The engineering under the skin is phenomenal. What isn't phenomenal, is the body. I know I know... OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS?? THIS IS THE MOST AWESOME CAMARO EVER WHICH IS WHY I BOUGHT ONE!! and all that. Unfortunately, the fan boys aren't enough to sustain the model line. The troubling downward curve of the sales trend for the last 5 years means something needs to change quick, or the Camaro isn't going to survive.

The 6th gen looks nice, but that's the problem; it just looks nice. By closing up the front the way they did, it makes it look sleepy, like eyes that are half open. I don't see people following a 6th gen into a gas station to take pictures and ask about the car (yes I know, somebody is going to insist that happens to them every week). I STILL get that reaction to my 5th gen, which I bought over 7 years ago.

Attachment 856093

Fan boys aside, the general public hasn't and isn't warming up to the car. It isn't because of the way it performs; it's because of the way it looks, period. It isn't exciting enough.

If Chevy wants to save this car, they need to come out with a completely new body style that is electrifying to look at, and stops you dead in your tracks when you see it. It has to make people follow you into a gas station, so they run up and say: "Is that the new Camaro!?" and want to take pictures of it.

They also need to get the price back down so the bread and butter customer base it used to appeal to, can afford it again. Forget all the idiot electronics. That customer base isn't looking for a high-performance GT. The customer who wants and will buy a Camaro, wants the car to be exciting to look at, exciting to be in, and a thrill to drive. Dodge's increase in sales, are because they've managed to deliver on some of that.

Chevy already has everything they need under the skin of the car; don't change that. Put ALL their efforts into a sharp, dynamic and exciting shape. A REAL shape; not a transformer toy fantasy robot with a bunch of ridiculous useless cutouts and crap. Make it all functional; brutally functional if necessary. Make it look like something you'd see in a hangar at Area 51. Make it a true driver experience car, with great visibility. No more bunker slot visibility. For those who think the bunker look is the greatest thing since sliced bread, look at the sales trend for the last 5 years... no, it isn't the greatest thing. Give the car exciting colors to match the shape. Make the colors just as electrifying as the shape.

Create a beautiful and functional interior. Figure out where to put cup holders so they're useful, and not in the way of your elbow while shifting. And yes... keep a manual trans. No nanny tech. If you want somebody to do everything for you, just call a cab or uber and leave the driving to those of us who want and enjoy the experience.

If Chevy doesn't reverse the sales trend of the last 5 years, and reverse it quick; they may have to cancel it again. It takes too long and costs too much to do a new model change. If the sales trend doesn't support the investment, they won't do it. They've already demonstrated that once before.
or just go full retro and build this

https://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bph...7N7rnxeQ/o.jpg
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:12 PM   #112
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Could this be the reveal of the MCE?

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...d-geneva-debut

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote