Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-18-2018, 05:41 PM   #1
GreatWhiteLT

Drives: 2016 Silver Ice Metallic SS
MBRP Axle Back

Hey.

Has anyone managed to find an X-Pipe that will delete the second cats as well as manage to still maintain the AFM? Also been curious is it possible to add NPP to a 1SS, meaning to go into settings and change to different modes to open/close the valves to not be as loud waking up the neighbors lol

Thanks in advance!
GreatWhiteLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:47 PM   #2
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
If your car has NPP you can change the settings, mine had it (have MBRP now) and mine is a 1SS. I can't help with the rest, mine's an M6.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:21 PM   #3
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteLT View Post
Hey.

Has anyone managed to find an X-Pipe that will delete the second cats as well as manage to still maintain the AFM? Also been curious is it possible to add NPP to a 1SS, meaning to go into settings and change to different modes to open/close the valves to not be as loud waking up the neighbors lol

Thanks in advance!
I'm confused. Do you or do you not have NPP? You can't add on NPP if your car didn't come with it. And if you're looking for a MBRP axle back you'll lose NPP functionality of you had it before.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 02:42 PM   #4
retmil

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry SS
If you do go the MBRP route but prepared for loud! I installed mine 3 weeks ago and I close the garage door when I first start the car in order not to annoy the neighbors.
retmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:45 PM   #5
GreatWhiteLT

Drives: 2016 Silver Ice Metallic SS
Sorry should have clarified that, my car did not come with NPP but I do have the MBRP axle back installed didn’t know if I went with another system if I could have GM program in the car to allow me to use NPP but now I know lol. But has anyone seen any posts regarding if someone managed to fit an X pipe to the axle back and still keep them AFM? Thanks again for replies!
GreatWhiteLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:16 PM   #6
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteLT View Post
Sorry should have clarified that, my car did not come with NPP but I do have the MBRP axle back installed didn’t know if I went with another system if I could have GM program in the car to allow me to use NPP but now I know lol. But has anyone seen any posts regarding if someone managed to fit an X pipe to the axle back and still keep them AFM? Thanks again for replies!

Makes sense. Can't get NPP if you didn't have the option from the factory. At most you can maybe get cut-outs which would be the poor mans version of it, but still gets the job done

Any X pipe will do if it has the AFM valves attached to it. I believe so far Borla and Flowmaster are the only two who provide such X pipe.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote