Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-16-2016, 07:57 PM   #1
tejesh83

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Stupid question - Easy Entry/Exit Feature

I was playing around with the settings today and came across this feature. Instead of defaulting to a seat position, looks like you have to program it to suit your needs. What's your set at?

I'm still fine tuning mine, but I'm trying to find the best seat position to get in/out in my garage. My garage is a tight fit and with the wide doors, its pretty easy to hit the walls with the doors open.

For now, I have the seat position set all the way back and the seat height turned up, which makes it a little easier to get in/out when parked in the garage.

Anyone else using this features and got some tips?
Old 01-16-2016, 09:04 PM   #2
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
I don't care for the easy exit option, never liked it on my SRX and don't have it setup on my Camaro. I do recommend some of these for your garage to protect the doors, I have had them for years in my garage and love them!
Attached Images

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 09:09 PM   #3
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
I'm not sure I will even use this feature. I like to get in the car and go. Or when I park, I'm already ready to get out of the car. I don't like to waste time that way, so it would drive me crazy having to wait for the seat to adjust every time.
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:51 PM   #4
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
To protect the doors when opening them, I just went to the local home center and picked up a pack of thick rubber 'tiles' that are 24"x24" with interlocking tabs. I just attached them to the side of the garage where the door would hit.

Works perfectly. They're about 1/2" thick of soft rubber so even if you open the door too far, they'll just contract the soft rubber.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:53 PM   #5
Toxicgoober

Drives: 2014 Maxima
I've got it on my current vehicle (Maxima) and love it. Makes swinging my long legs in and out a breeze. I'm sure I'll use it in the Camaro too. It happens so quick and so subtly I don't even notice it happening, but when I drive another car without I'm definitely missing it. Spoiled...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Toxicgoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:59 PM   #6
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I also like this feature, but its cryptic in how you program it, once done, it works well. This video is about the Corvette but the camaro system is exactly the same "my link" in this situation.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=1cPQWIHFDdE
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:53 AM   #7
Phidelt59

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I also like this feature, but its cryptic in how you program it, once done, it works well. This video is about the Corvette but the camaro system is exactly the same "my link" in this situation.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=1cPQWIHFDdE
Finally. I've had the car for a week and couldn't figure out the seat memory. Thanks a lot. Kinda ridiculous how to set it but good to know.
Black 5 Spoke
Phidelt59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 02:52 AM   #8
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
I'm not sure I will even use this feature. I like to get in the car and go. Or when I park, I'm already ready to get out of the car. I don't like to waste time that way, so it would drive me crazy having to wait for the seat to adjust every time.
Same here, I've never been a fan of auto adjusting seats, don't really see the need for them. I guess for larger adults, or cars that are driven by more than one person they could be useful.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:36 AM   #9
ScratchAce

Drives: 2SS - Hyper Blue/Ceramic White
Don't have my vehicle yet....how does this feature work? Does the seat move back or something? And when dies it activate? When the car is shut off?

ScratchAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:57 AM   #10
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
My memory recall & easy exit options are missing from the comfort & convenience menu! It was there yesterday after picking my car up after getting Mylink updated to AA. I made adjustments using this video, worked great.

but this morning I went in to make some minor adjustments.. surprise, the only option showing was "chime volume".

Any ideas how to get the menu to show up again?
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:05 AM   #11
C5Txfan

Drives: 2004 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartem2 View Post
Same here, I've never been a fan of auto adjusting seats, don't really see the need for them. I guess for larger adults, or cars that are driven by more than one person they could be useful.
Agree .. cars I have / had that had this feature I turned off. My thinking also is that it'll probably wear out the motor faster having move up & back .. up & back .... up & back .. countless times a day / week !
C5Txfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:21 AM   #12
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
My memory recall & easy exit options are missing from the comfort & convenience menu! It was there yesterday after picking my car up after getting Mylink updated to AA. I made adjustments using this video, worked great.

but this morning I went in to make some minor adjustments.. surprise, the only option showing was "chime volume".

Any ideas how to get the menu to show up again?
have you tried turning it off and on? The settings are very buggy and features disappear all the time, but come back.

I love the feature. I don't think it will kill the motor prematurely. In my 91 Camaro, I am always adjusting the seat to get in and out, and then to my comfy driving position, and my uncle who was the original owner has always done the same. 25 years later the motor is still working fine, so I'm sure our 6th gens can handle the extra usage.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:25 AM   #13
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
have you tried turning it off and on? The settings are very buggy and features disappear all the time, but come back.

I love the feature. I don't think it will kill the motor prematurely. In my 91 Camaro, I am always adjusting the seat to get in and out, and then to my comfy driving position, and my uncle who was the original owner has always done the same. 25 years later the motor is still working fine, so I'm sure our 6th gens can handle the extra usage.

Yes I restarted, still missing. But I'll check it during lunch break.. I had just pulled up to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap