Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-06-2015, 06:44 PM   #15
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Not arguing, but I don't think camo cars means the interior must be complete. They could still tweak that stuff while doing the driveline and suspension testing. Checking for wind noise and other exterior related tests. We haven't seen any indication of a complete interior. And I thought the CTF process was to test finalized design. Not the test cars we have seen to date.

With that being said, you certainly may know more about it than me.
Yes, Tweaking is done during prototype. That is why you do it. But prototype is done to validate the production intent design. When you start your production tools you aren't changing and tweaking. Go online and see how long it takes to get a design tooled and through PPAP. So right about now they are looking for every area of the design that doesn't meet requirements and changes will be made. But they don't expect the prototypes to need changes. A lot of up front work is done to minimize that.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:43 AM   #16
YoungGun1993

Drives: Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Your hypothesis is so full of hope.

Fbodfather's posting is nothing more than him taking the time to do what he loves which is interact with the Camaro faithful......and hopeful.

GM has a car for the spring and summer selling season and that is the 2015 Camaro.

Most of these "teasers" aren't from GM. Go back in time and you will see these leaks from suppliers and parts and photos is rampant as cars approach prototype and launch. There is nothing in these leaks that suggests any more than GM is tooling up for a new Camaro.

Again, historical Internet timing from all OEMS has spy shots to production being about a year and a half. We will be lucky to see a car in a Chevy dealership before Winter. Now GM could leapfrog the industry and cut huge chunks out of the development process........just don't bet on it.
I wanted to clarify my point..my question is a marketing one, not a production one. I know that the 15 Camaro is GM's Camaro for summer of 2015, and I know that production models won't hit till late fall (more likely winter). I'm familiar with GM's GVDP and an OEM chopping that much time out of their process is virtually unheard of.

However, when GM marketing decides to reveal the Camaro's design and specs (which, as we've established, are pretty set) is an entirely different question and the one I'm focused on. For example, we saw the ATS-V 8 mos. before it was scheduled to hit.

I wasn't saying GM was behind the leaks but was saying they give us a general idea of where GM is in product development. My point is this: I imagine the car is ready and GM can show the car prototypes at an auto show as soon as they want. I'm looking for reasons to believe (or not believe) that it'll be soon. Production is still a LONG time away regardless.
YoungGun1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:20 PM   #17
2014v6

Drives: 2014 black 2 LT
3-25-14
Z28 announced as indy pace car!

My guess is the gen 6 will be announced as the 2015 indy 500 pace car! Jmho!! Could be weeks away!!
TPW 7-22-13(6-14-13)
3300 status 6-28-13
3400 status 7-18-13
3800 status 7-20-13
4200 status On its way home
6000 status 7-31-13 first camaro ever...
Sold 7-5-14.. thank you oshawa assembly
2014v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:47 PM   #18
iSHOOTtheMOON

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
Auto manufacturers calculate everything. If it cost them money they will not do it. They know the minute that car is revealed the gen 5 model takes hit in the price. And it will be harder to sell without incentives. lets face it from then on the gen 5 will be referred to as the old style!
I agree with you, for the most part. During end of the year clearance sales, the trucks, cars, SUVs etc from the previous model year sell much more than the new models that are on the lot at the same time. Sure, many of the people who can afford it will wait for the new one. But the VAST majority of people who are barely affording the car anyway, will take advantage of the previous gen borderline closeout prices.
At least where I come from, there are not many Camaros in the new car lot. It is dominated by pickups ans SUVs.
I thinks it's a matter of silent majority, you notice the new cars more so it seems like they sell more.
Just my $0.02.
iSHOOTtheMOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:59 PM   #19
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
GM announced that they would be revealing the Spark at NY as well as the Malibu at the Manhattan Expo

So where does that leave the Camaro?
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:05 PM   #20
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
GM announced that they would be revealing the Spark at NY as well as the Malibu at the Manhattan Expo

So where does that leave the Camaro?
It leaves it being revealed somewhere other than New York, probably a few months from now.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #21
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
It leaves it being revealed somewhere other than New York, probably a few months from now.

I read somewhere that the C6 will be at the Camaro Fest in August, whether we see it before then only the godfather knows.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:37 PM   #22
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
I'm calling it now, May 1st. Based on absolutely nothing but my imagination.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:44 PM   #23
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I'm calling April 1st.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:39 PM   #24
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
I read somewhere that the C6 will be at the Camaro Fest in August, whether we see it before then only the godfather knows.
C6 refers to the 6th generation Corvette, which is already out.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:07 PM   #25
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
And the plant is slowing production to prevent too much overlap of stock. Having a 14-15 side by side is bad enough. But having 5th gen beside 6th gen is a problem. We know the 6th gen is coming so it's expected production will slow then stop. Especially since 5th gen sales are already slowing.
What do you mean 5th gen sales are slowing? Figures show a increase in sales the last couple months over the previous years sales..... So they are holding pretty steady.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:20 PM   #26
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
GM just announced the Spark will be shown in New York as well. So that's 2 new models being shown there.

The Camaro isn't GM's flagship car(that would be the Corvette) and it's a low-volume seller...I don't see why they can't show it in NY along with the other two.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:28 PM   #27
Bhobbs

Because they only have a short period of time to show the models, discuss them and answer questions. I'm guessing they want a reveal where the Camaro will be the focus, similar to the private reveal of the 5th gen.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:04 PM   #28
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
C6 refers to the 6th generation Corvette, which is already out.
I wish people wouldn't refer to Camaro as C5 and C6 and so on.
Those refer to Corvettes.

If you want to give a generation code to Camaro, call them F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, and F6.
I know, the 5th & 6th gens are not technically F-bodies, but Camaros are well known as F-bodies, and there is an "F" in the VIN.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote