Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Phastek Performance

Old 12-28-2023, 09:46 AM   #1
NovaSS4spdFan

Drives: 2024 2SS vert w/M6 & Dual Mode. Red
BF GOODRICH -g-FORCE COMP-2A/S PLUS TIRES

Yes, these are All Season non-runflats. Anyone who has ACTUALLY used them on their Camaro 6, please comment. I've read reviews and tech specs on Tire Rack and elsewhere.
Considering them for my 2SS vert in the foreseeable future.
NovaSS4spdFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 08:23 AM   #2
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaSS4spdFan View Post
Yes, these are All Season non-runflats. Anyone who has ACTUALLY used them on their Camaro 6, please comment. I've read reviews and tech specs on Tire Rack and elsewhere.
Considering them for my 2SS vert in the foreseeable future.
I had them on my 50th 2SS M6 'vert.

They were really good in the dry, good in the wet (can only remember hydroplaning once on the highway during a VERY heavy downpour), and "eh" / passable in light snow.

I was running 285/305 on MRR 1LE reps.

If you don't plan on doing road trips during snowfall they are good to go.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 11:17 AM   #3
18.2SS.1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
No complaints here, they grip very well.
Old 01-22-2024, 05:52 PM   #4
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
I've 2 sets of them on my previous 2010 Camaro 2LT. I had a square set up of 285's and loved them. I'm in Southern California. It rarely rains but when it did I had no problems whatsoever. I like them. I plan on getting them again when these damn run flats wear out on my 2021 Camaro LT1 that I just got.
Old 01-22-2024, 07:50 PM   #5
NovaSS4spdFan

Thanks for the responses. I have a 2024 2SS vert and looking ahead to replacing the run flats : (1) because they are summer only and (2) ride quality. I will never track this car and believe GM should not have installed them on any Camaro. Makes me wonder about the business deal they made with Goodyear.
I'm going with all seasons and a quality tire inflator kit.
Old 01-25-2024, 12:20 PM   #6
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
I have two sets of wheels for the SS, one with the BFG tires in question, the other with General AS-05 Gmax tires.
these are rated very similarly, with reviews giving the edge to BFG in the rain and General in light snow. I give the edge to BFG on both counts. To be fair, by snow, I mean light stuff falling on a previously plowed road, South Jersey style. Anything deeper and I'm taking the SUV.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 12:49 PM   #7
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
I used the A/S on my Msutang and then the 1LE and I was very happy with them in all the perf categories but I avoided snow and I didn't expect that performance from them. I have 5-7 snow events a year and otherwise needed cold/wet weather capability and got it from this tire. Beware though that the shoulder and sidewall is rather square and bulky and isn't so very visually pleasing to some.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 02:27 PM   #8
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
Beware though that the shoulder and sidewall is rather square and bulky and isn't so very visually pleasing to some.
This is my only complaint.
Old 01-25-2024, 09:33 PM   #9
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Just be aware that BFG updated the compound of this tire in 2020, so anyone offering opinions on the prior "non-PLUS" version won't be talking about the current tire. Tire Rack's testing of the updated tire was very favorable, and it led their comparison of wet and snow performance compared to the General AS-05 and Yokohama Advan Sport A/S. Considering that Michelin owns BFG now, I imagine the newer compound is pretty good.

That said, I'd be inclined to spend the extra $60 for the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus. It's one of the two best performing all-seasons on the market, and the other (Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4) isn't available in SS sizes.
Old 01-26-2024, 10:14 AM   #10
NovaSS4spdFan

Ok, good to know.
Old 01-26-2024, 12:32 PM   #11
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
Just be aware that BFG updated the compound of this tire in 2020, so anyone offering opinions on the prior "non-PLUS" version won't be talking about the current tire. Tire Rack's testing of the updated tire was very favorable, and it led their comparison of wet and snow performance compared to the General AS-05 and Yokohama Advan Sport A/S. Considering that Michelin owns BFG now, I imagine the newer compound is pretty good.
I like your effort here...you don't even drive either tire you're trying either drag, or endorse by making a guess...
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 05:40 AM   #12
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post

That said, I'd be inclined to spend the extra $60 for the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus. It's one of the two best performing all-seasons on the market, and the other (Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4) isn't available in SS sizes.
Agree, DWS06 is a superior tire.

Running them on my 911S right now in the cold in New England.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 06:00 AM   #13
Mid_Life_Crisis

Drives: 2023 Chevy Camaro 2LT V6 6MT
I had them on my mustang. They performed well but became noisy after 10k and started to cup pretty bad resulting on that god awful out of balance sound at slow speeds. I was diligent with air pressure and rotations. They also have a hideous looking side wall. This is just my experience with them.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:57 AM   #14
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
I like your effort here...you don't even drive either tire you're trying either drag, or endorse by making a guess...
I somehow missed this reply when it was made. I can't totally understand what you were trying to say here because the sentence appears to be a run-on, but:
  • I wasn't "dragging" any tire or post, and in fact I said that the BFG is probably a good tire, based on the info we have.
  • I pointed out that the BFG compound has changed in the last three or four years, so impressions and test results from the earlier version may not apply to the current offering. I also pointed out that the newer compound appears to be an improvement and tested well. This is not a guess.
  • I do drive on Conti DWS tires during winter.
  • I don't have to guess at the performance of the BFG compared to the Conti. There are plenty of tests that establish the DWS as one of the two best-performing a/s tires on the planet (the other is the Michelin PS AS 4), and there is at least one test where it is compared directly to the BFG and crushes it in both wet and dry performance.

Sorry if that last point hurts your feelings. Life is hard sometimes.