Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-01-2022, 01:17 AM   #15
Eos

Drives: Camaro Coupé 2.0T AT8 (EU version)
Hi Huutchh!,
I've checked the user manual and found out why you are not succeeding with your procedure: in order to program a third new key you need to have BOTH the working keys with you!

Let's read the manual:

Programming with Recognized Transmitters

A new transmitter can be programmed to the vehicle when there are two recognized transmitters. To program, the vehicle must be off and all of the transmitters, both currently recognized and new, must be with you.

Now you know why it's not working! You'll have to visit a GM dealer and ask for a reprogramming. I guess a Vauxhall dealer could do it, too..

See you!!,
Eos
Eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 05:24 AM   #16
JimGnitecki

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LT1
GREAT fins, EOS. Also, what this appears to indicate for the rest of us is that if one of our two OEM fobs is lost or somehow destroyed, we will need a GM dealer reprogram, not a DIY process to replace the lost fob.

Jim G
JimGnitecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 09:38 AM   #17
Huutchh

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to try the second option to remove all existing keys and programme two new keys if not I'll have to get mine programmed from a dealer.
Huutchh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 10:00 AM   #18
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
If I am interpreting the manual correctly, you must have 2 keys to program a third key to the same as the code of the two. If you only have one key, you can program others, but the original code will be reset to a new one. I think the reasoning is if you have the 2 original keys, none are missing and there is no security issue. If you only have one, there is a potential someone else could use the missing one, so it's safer to reset the codes.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 10:17 AM   #19
Eos

Drives: Camaro Coupé 2.0T AT8 (EU version)
Hi Huutchh!,
as you currently own only one working (and programmed) key, you'll need a GM dealer to add the new key to the "trusted ones". There's no other option.

See you!!,
Eos
Eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 11:08 AM   #20
Sweptwing

Drives: 2017 2LT RS V6 M/T
Hello again Huutchh,
Here is a copied excerpt from my 2017 Camaro manual and should give you the info that you need!

Good luck!

Programming with No known transmitters
If two currently recognized transmitters are not available, follow this procedure to program up to eight transmitters. This procedure is not available in Canada. This procedure will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. The vehicle must be off and all of the transmitters to be programmed must be with you.
1. Remove the key lock cylinder cap on the driver door handle. Insert the vehicle key of the transmitter into the key lock cylinder on the driver door handle and turn the key to the unlock position five times within 10 seconds.
The Driver Information Center (DIC) displays REMOTE LEARN PENDING,
PLEASE WAIT.
2. Wait for 10 minutes until the DIC displays PRESS ENGINE START BUTTON TO LEARN and then press ENGINE START/STOP.
The DIC display will again show REMOTE LEARN PENDING, PLEASE WAIT.
3. Repeat Step 2 two additional times. After the third time, all previously known transmitters will no longer work with the vehicle. Remaining transmitters can be relearned during the next steps.
The DIC display should now show READY FOR REMOTE #1.
4. 5.
Place the new transmitter into the rear cupholder in the center console.
Press ENGINE START/STOP. When the transmitter is learned, the DIC will show that it is ready to program the next transmitter.
Remove the transmitter from the cupholder and press K or Q.
To program additional transmitters, repeat Steps 4–6.
Old 10-01-2022, 11:36 AM   #21
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eos View Post
Hi Huutchh!,
as you currently own only one working (and programmed) key, you'll need a GM dealer to add the new key to the "trusted ones". There's no other option.

See you!!,
Eos
This is not what the owners manual says. See previous post by Sweptwing
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 04:30 AM   #22
Huutchh

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweptwing View Post
Hello again Huutchh,
Here is a copied excerpt from my 2017 Camaro manual and should give you the info that you need!

Good luck!

Programming with No known transmitters
If two currently recognized transmitters are not available, follow this procedure to program up to eight transmitters. This procedure is not available in Canada. This procedure will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. The vehicle must be off and all of the transmitters to be programmed must be with you.
1. Remove the key lock cylinder cap on the driver door handle. Insert the vehicle key of the transmitter into the key lock cylinder on the driver door handle and turn the key to the unlock position five times within 10 seconds.
The Driver Information Center (DIC) displays REMOTE LEARN PENDING,
PLEASE WAIT.
2. Wait for 10 minutes until the DIC displays PRESS ENGINE START BUTTON TO LEARN and then press ENGINE START/STOP.
The DIC display will again show REMOTE LEARN PENDING, PLEASE WAIT.
3. Repeat Step 2 two additional times. After the third time, all previously known transmitters will no longer work with the vehicle. Remaining transmitters can be relearned during the next steps.
The DIC display should now show READY FOR REMOTE #1.
4. 5.
Place the new transmitter into the rear cupholder in the center console.
Press ENGINE START/STOP. When the transmitter is learned, the DIC will show that it is ready to program the next transmitter.
Remove the transmitter from the cupholder and press K or Q.
To program additional transmitters, repeat Steps 4–6.
Just tried again this morning and I get nothing on the dash when I turn the key 5 times. Looks like a trip to Vauxhall and a hefty dent out of my wallet. *Edit. They can't do it either. Oh dear.

Last edited by Huutchh; 10-03-2022 at 05:03 AM.
Huutchh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:21 AM   #23
JimGnitecki

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huutchh View Post
Just tried again this morning and I get nothing on the dash when I turn the key 5 times. Looks like a trip to Vauxhall and a hefty dent out of my wallet. *Edit. They can't do it either. Oh dear.
If your GM dealer cannot do it, you need to ask him to ask GM what to do. It is not satisfactory of even safe to have just ONE working fob for a car. That can lead to real issues if you misplace it, or, if like your original 2nd one, simply fails.

Jim G
JimGnitecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 09:19 AM   #24
Sweptwing

Huutchh,

Sorry to hear you’re still having trouble. Did you have the new key cut by a local locksmith?
If so, perhaps they could assist you. I will keep looking for additional info here.

Also, Here is the final step in the procedure which I omitted from the following page.

“When all additional transmitters are programmed, press and hold ENGINE START/STOP for 12 seconds to exit programming mode.
7. Put the key back into the transmitter.“
Old 10-03-2022, 09:59 AM   #25
Sweptwing

Huutchh,

These people may be able to help! “CATAutokeys.co.uk”

Again, good luck
Old 10-04-2022, 01:00 AM   #26
Rob99
I’m Magik a physco dog

Drives: '15 1LT/RS & '23 3LT/RS
There is a maximum number of fobs that can be programmed i believe it's 5 when there are that many programmed no more will be accepted,the dealer has a process to erase the 'lost' fobs and start over. Ae you the original owner?
2015 1LT Ashen Grey
2016 1LT Blue Velvet
My entire life has been 'A Midlife Crisis'

Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 09:44 AM   #27
Sweptwing

Huutchh,
Just checking in to see if you were able to make any progress?