Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Phastek Performance

Old 08-16-2020, 08:29 PM   #1
SJUANTON
SalioElSol2SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Young kid with even more questions lol.

Hi there, I am ready to purchase an E85 Flex Fuel kit for my 2019 SS A10 and have questions as far as the tuning part is concerned.

Would it be more cost efficient to get a handheld with a custom tune on it already or should I have someone dyno tune it? All I really have at the moment are Long Tube Headers and a CAI. I've been asking around different shops near Tampa, Florida and haven't heard anything from anyone which is a little disheartening.

I honestly just don't know what to do at this point. I want everything tuned correctly and I don't want to mess anything up so if anyone has suggestions then by all means help me out.

I'd like to get the AFM tuned out, my C.E.L for 02 sensors tuned out and whatever else I can get for performance.

Thank you!
SJUANTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 12:30 PM   #2
Shocker91

Drives: 2017 2SS, M6, Silver
a handheld tuner can get rid of the CEL's but wont realy give you much of a performance boost. honestly with what little changes you have to the car id look for a tuner that can remote tune your car for you and i can speak on behalf of my knowledge with PRAY Performance. if you are tuned by him and get your parts through him he will tune multiple times for that initial tune fee. if you go out of his network it will be a retune fee or another charge for retune. if you go throuhg PRAY for remot tune you will need the AEM 0334 guage kit and sensor, if im not mistaken he offer a tune kit and a flex fuel kit to do a one stop shop. if you have any questions im happy to help you out!
17 2SS, Pray Performance Forged/Stroked 416, 2.9 Whipple (Pray ported), Stage 2.5 Pray ported heads, RotoFab Big Gulp, Katech 103mm TB, Pray Performance stage 3 forced induction cam, 8.855” crank shaft lower pulley, 3.00 S/C pulley, LT4 Fueling, SMG auxiliary fuel system, 2' TSP LT headers with X-Pipe, Magnaflow Competition axleback, Mighty Mouse Wild catch can, Hurst Short Shifter. Tuned by Pray Performance. 1011WHP/982WTQ
Shocker91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 12:46 PM   #3
Eric10905
Geezer_loves_Camaros

Drives: 2018 2SS, Black, A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocker91 View Post
a handheld tuner can get rid of the CEL's but wont realy give you much of a performance boost. honestly with what little changes you have to the car id look for a tuner that can remote tune your car for you and i can speak on behalf of my knowledge with PRAY Performance. if you are tuned by him and get your parts through him he will tune multiple times for that initial tune fee. if you go out of his network it will be a retune fee or another charge for retune. if you go throuhg PRAY for remot tune you will need the AEM 0334 guage kit and sensor, if im not mistaken he offer a tune kit and a flex fuel kit to do a one stop shop. if you have any questions im happy to help you out!
yep, agree with this ^^.

you asked what is more cost effective. If you are talking $ out of pocket only, i haven't check prices, but going with a handheld and a canned tune is likely going to cost you less. But as Shocker91 said, you might not get all the results you can for the items you have/will have installed. You have a '19, so there is the issue of ECM unlock. I used HPTuners, and have no idea how any of the other tuning devices handle that. I also did a remote tune from Pray. I did a TCM unlock as well, and had him do the remote tune for almost the same mods as you (I had him port the IM and a 95TB as well). The results on the car are just marginally short of insane... I'm smiling like an idiot every time i drive it.
But going with a remote tune, you are likely spend more $. So, it's of course up to you what's more important - the extra bucks, or the extra performance. Good luck on your choices and build! ;-)
Eric10905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 06:41 PM   #4
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocker91 View Post

Get yourself the HP Tuners MPVI2 setup, a cheap laptop, and the AEM wideband. You’ll be setup to modify your car no matter what you do down the road.