Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-06-2018, 09:49 PM   #15
redirish

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryfied View Post
... or just go without a front plate like many of us.
That’s what I did 👍
redirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:58 AM   #16
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
PA doesn’t require a front plate.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:11 AM   #17
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
show and go it actually can tuck up under the car for shows , and you can get then in motorized, it mounts up best over to the side over one of the dimples under the front valance and they can be bought motorized to automatically retract also....

even though I hate Amazon and their owner the liberal POS....

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_4wecm9r48j_b
Old 01-07-2018, 07:33 AM   #18
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryfied View Post
... or just go without a front plate like many of us.
With running minimal mufflers and about to go cammed I don't want to give them any more reason to pull me over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
At one time he offered one for cars with splitters. I have a JacFab bent to contour and like it. It also helps protect the front end when you ingress/egress inclines.
Thanks. If I can get him to respond maybe he can still make one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
The Jac-Fab will not work with the GFX splitter.
Thanks! This is the answer I've been looking for now for months. Hopefully they can either make an alteration to one or I can alter one if need be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
PA doesn’t require a front plate.
I am aware of that. I'm moving to MO soon and they do require one.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:04 PM   #19
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I got tired of being pulled over for no front plate and I wasn't about to drill any holes. I used a couple of cable ties to attach the plate to the lower grill louvers. It's been attached this way since 2009, geez I should probably check the cable ties when I get the car out of storage.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:02 PM   #20
camaro_uk

Drives: 2015 1LE Camaro
I just use velcro/hook and loop tape. Yeh the tape will need to semi permanently go on the bumper/grill but it will come off if/when you need to take it off. I've had it on my camaro like this for 3 years and its never moved an inch. Zip ties might create scuffs if tightened too much, and if the plate is jammed against the car. With hook and loop tape, the tape itself creates enough of a gap between the plate and the car that it wont cause scuffs and scratches.
camaro_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:00 PM   #21
Modern_Gen_Auto

Drives: Camaro
We actually had a client introduce us to this tow hook receiver license plate bracket by ZL1 AddOns. It worked well. It is a bracket that ties into the tow hook receiver. It's adjustable and no drilling required for installation. You will need to have the receiver for the license plate bracket to work. The jacfab option doesn't look bad either. We agree though, no front plate is best.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ctureid=156224
Modern_Gen_Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:25 PM   #22
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)

I did have a rag taped underneath to keep it off the paint but the ties are tight enough that it doesn't even get close to touching the paint
Old 01-15-2018, 06:52 PM   #23
1LEJNG

Drives: Red Hot 2014 1LE
Bracket

I must be the only one with the Aguilera (SP) Eliminator Bracket.

A small black powder coated plate fastens to the center of the lower grill without drilling any holes. A nice plate bracket with hidden spring loaded arms then slide over the plate on the grill and snap into position. To remove the plate you reach behind the bracket and release the spring loaded arms. It doesn't stick out as far as the factory mount because it is centered on the lower grill. Works great.

I didn't feel like I had ground clearance for a bracket that mounted under the splitter.
1LEJNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:40 PM   #24
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
IMO, I still think the JacFab bent to contour is the best. No drilling. Easy 1-2 minute installation or removal using two factory threaded holes under the front lower fascia. It’s like a small piece of sloped armor that has taken tons of abuse over the years. Symmetrical look. And I like not getting pulled over for petty stuff that could lead to further inspection.
Attached Images

SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:21 PM   #25
15cammedSS

Drives: 2015 2SS....white
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
For those of you who live in states with front license plates, what do you recommend for a bracket? I just had my front bumper cover redone and I HATE the idea of drilling into it. Are there any options that will work with a GM ground effects front splitter and not drill into the front bumper cover? I know of JacFab, but I cannot get any response from them on their webpage, on here, or through their dealers to answer if their bracket works with the GM splitter. The key is I do not want to not drill into the car if at all possible. Any suggestions?

I used the big mikes sto n show. Affordable and works perfect.
2015 Summit White 2SS/RS with NPP.... Roto-Fab intake....Phastek lowering springs....BMR strut brace....custom cut blower cam and tune by Matt Sorian.....@MSTuning...BTR valve train....stainless power longtubes with HF cats....Phastek supplied

Last edited by 15cammedSS; 01-16-2018 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Added a link
15cammedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:43 AM   #26
MADDOGG79

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern_Gen_Auto View Post
We actually had a client introduce us to this tow hook receiver license plate bracket by ZL1 AddOns. It worked well. It is a bracket that ties into the tow hook receiver. It's adjustable and no drilling required for installation. You will need to have the receiver for the license plate bracket to work. The jacfab option doesn't look bad either. We agree though, no front plate is best.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ctureid=156224
Didn't you still have to drill through the lower valance?
MADDOGG79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:19 AM   #27
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron123 View Post
If I lived in a state requiring front plate ... I'd hold it up to front of car and let it tumble to ground. Then pick it up and leave it on dashboard; if got pulled over mention that the plate fell off and about to go home and install. Under penalty of death I would not think about drilling the bumper cover. Retractable hidden sounds good.

Good idea. I'm in Illinois and I never installed my front plate. I've never been pulled over but I like the insurance policy of it falling off... I never installed the front plate on my wife Tahoe either so I guess her plate fell off too.

joe...
Old 12-18-2019, 02:14 PM   #28
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
I keep my plate in the trunk. I haven't been bothered yet by police in the 4 years since I owned the car. Of course, it's not a daily driver and only sees action from May to November, but no way I'm drilling holes. In fact, if I HAD to, I'll get a retractable plate and leave it retracted. I can always say I'm just coming from a car show and forgot to put it back up. Any plate anywhere on the front nose looks like shit, in my humble opinion.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote