Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-25-2024, 05:02 PM   #57
jfkheat
jfkheat

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Agreed with this. I think you might find an impatient buyer or someone who wants a zl1, but has a lot of funds and doesn’t care to haggle over a few grand. It will just take awhile.

If I were in the market I’d offer you 66-67k. Also your wrap devalues your car. While I’m sure it’s fine, a legit buyer is gonna wanna know that there’s nothing wrong with the paint as paint work is extremely pricey. I’d pull it off before listing the car. Modifications in general ruin the value of the car and you’re never going to get the money back for it even if it is something that “helps” the car look/run better. My 2ss 1le is not worth more just because it has ppf which keeps the paint nice.
I said the same thing about the wrap when he posted about the car on Facebook before he posted it here. Several members say they love the wrap but none of them have stepped up to buy the car.
jfkheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 05:35 PM   #58
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
I said the same thing about the wrap when he posted about the car on Facebook before he posted it here. Several members say they love the wrap but none of them have stepped up to buy the car.
I've been in talks with 3 people, actually - but all had problems securing financing. None haggled over the price. If someone has cash but offers me less than $72,000 I'm gonna listen. There just aren't too many Americans who can pull 70k out of their checking accounts to go buy a Camaro.
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 06:12 PM   #59
Fenmore

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBones81 View Post
I've been in talks with 3 people, actually - but all had problems securing financing. None haggled over the price. If someone has cash but offers me less than $72,000 I'm gonna listen. There just aren't too many Americans who can pull 70k out of their checking accounts to go buy a Camaro.
They will run into problems financing a car at that amount unless they have a sizable downpayment because it simply isn't worth that much on paper to the banks.
Plus getting financing on a private sale (non dealer) is always tougher. There's not a ton of lenders that even do that.
Your limited pool of buyers is really small.
Its the way the system works.
Thats why most people just trade them or consign them. At least trading you get the tax credit towards the other purchase but if you don't want another car then its a moot point.
The fee the consignment place was going to charge you seemed reasonable to me, takes the headache away from you and avoids you getting scammed.
Fenmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 06:17 PM   #60
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
I personally look at the wrap as being a 100% paint protection that is pleasing to look at! You can’t wrap over crap, so I would feel confident in this case the paint is most likely mint.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 06:20 PM   #61
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
I personally look at the wrap as being a 100% paint protection that is pleasing to look at! You can’t wrap over crap, so I would feel confident in this case the paint is most likely mint.
Exactly. He had it done when new, so he probably had the paint corrected, or at least polished. Then the wrap is ceramic coated...

No sane car buyer would think it devalues the car.

It's literally getting two paint jobs in one.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 08:54 PM   #62
jfkheat
jfkheat

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
Exactly. He had it done when new, so he probably had the paint corrected, or at least polished. Then the wrap is ceramic coated...

No sane car buyer would think it devalues the car.

It's literally getting two paint jobs in one.
The issue is not the fact that it is wrapped. It's the color of the wrap. The buyer has to be someone that likes that color. That makes the number of potential buyers very small. Most want one of the factory colors. I think the car looks great but it isn't a color I would want.
jfkheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 09:41 PM   #63
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
Quote:
The issue is not the fact that it is wrapped. It's the color of the wrap. The buyer has to be someone that likes that color. That makes the number of potential buyers very small. Most want one of the factory colors. I think the car looks great but it isn't a color I would want.
I understand, but it's not a mystery what color is underneath. It's dark shadow grey, for anyone who prefers that pretty neutral color.

I also think of the wrap as PPF. It lasts for 3-5 years or so (longer in my case because it spends the majority of its life in the garage anyway). Eventually when the new owner (or I) remove it, I expect that the paint underneath will be in great shape.

I'm still trying to think of other options to keep the car, if I'm not able to sell it for a decent price. I'm certainly not going to take much less just to get rid of it. It's an awesome car, as we all know - and a supercharged v8 with a manual will be hard to come by in 5-10 years, that's for sure.
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 06:48 AM   #64
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I understand, but it's not a mystery what color is underneath. It's dark shadow grey, for anyone who prefers that pretty neutral color.

I also think of the wrap as PPF. It lasts for 3-5 years or so (longer in my case because it spends the majority of its life in the garage anyway). Eventually when the new owner (or I) remove it, I expect that the paint underneath will be in great shape.

I'm still trying to think of other options to keep the car, if I'm not able to sell it for a decent price. I'm certainly not going to take much less just to get rid of it. It's an awesome car, as we all know - and a supercharged v8 with a manual will be hard to come by in 5-10 years, that's for sure.
You would think that with all of the rich people you are rubbing elbows with out in Cali, you would know someone that could just write you a check for 70k
Old 03-26-2024, 09:20 AM   #65
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
I get that some people don't like color shifting stuff, sure.

But metallic green Camaros ZL1 M6 are what.. single or at most double digit cars? I don't really know too many people who don't like the color. The rest is all subjective, sure, so yeah, of course someone 'has to like the color'. But dark metallic green isn't exactly as polarizing as Shock Yellow (or w/e it's called) now, is it?

I was talking to him originally (nice guy) to buy the car, and I showed it to every car guy where I work (~10 ppl) and they all thought it was sweet.

I disagree that most people would want factory colors. In most car circles, the rarer the color, the more prized it is. That old FOMO thing.

In the 911 crowd Paint to Sample (PTS) cars are HIGHLY coveted and command an easy $5-10k markup. Anything that isn't silver / grey / white / black sells very quickly.

A few weeks ago I was searching for ZL1s (22-24 M6). When I bought mine, there were ~20 cars for sale. The majority of them were black / white / silver / grey. There were 2 reds (I bought one) the other one sold, and a few Rapid Blues. VOM would pop up and I called on 3 of them and they were all already being held with deposits. I haven't seen a green one for sale in 6-8 weeks (and I've been watching since end of Jan). From the trends I saw, the 'other' colors were moving a lot more quickly.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 10:21 AM   #66
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
Nice car no doubt, but that wrap color would be a hard pass for me. Unusual colors like that get old real quick for me. In addition, say you get a rock chip or tear in that wrap, how are you gonna fix it without major work and cost? On top of that, I would want to see the condition of the original paint before shelling out $70K. I'm not taking anyone's word on it, no offense. I'd remove that wrap and I bet you get a lot more interest. Just my opinion.
Old 03-26-2024, 05:21 PM   #67
CalgaryZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-SS1LE View Post
Nice car no doubt, but that wrap color would be a hard pass for me. Unusual colors like that get old real quick for me. In addition, say you get a rock chip or tear in that wrap, how are you gonna fix it without major work and cost? On top of that, I would want to see the condition of the original paint before shelling out $70K. I'm not taking anyone's word on it, no offense. I'd remove that wrap and I bet you get a lot more interest. Just my opinion.
I’ve got mine booked in this summer for the exact wrap, because I absolutely love it. And it will protect my paint.
Old 03-26-2024, 05:45 PM   #68
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-SS1LE View Post
This. There’s no way I’d take a strangers word that the paint underneath is good if it were a 20k car yet alone a 70k car. I guarantee a dealer would offer less for a wrapped car if two identical cars with identical options and miles were presented to them.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 06:46 PM   #69
CalgaryZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
This. There’s no way I’d take a strangers word that the paint underneath is good if it were a 20k car yet alone a 70k car. I guarantee a dealer would offer less for a wrapped car if two identical cars with identical options and miles were presented to them.
The fact its a $70,000 car bought brand new and wanting to be different from everybody else and protect his original boring gray paint at the same time is a easy sell for anybody with common sense. yes I know that’s almost a unicorn nowadays (the common sense that is) This car is really not a conundrum.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:47 PM   #70
Coded4SS

Drives: 2020 1SS 1le
Quote:
Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm realizing that i'm not really sure what is the best way to sell this car now. The last few cars I've either traded in or sold to a friend/family member. What do people use nowadays to move cars like these?
Return the car to nearly stock. Put it up on FB marketplace.
Coded4SS is offline   Reply With Quote