Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-20-2020, 08:38 AM   #29
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
No this is FFF (fused filament fabrication) style printer. Metal printer, even in consumer grade, is pricey.
Right! That’s why I asked. I’m not a jealous or envious kind of guy, but that’s some John Holmes status fabrication ability if you did.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:32 PM   #30
7LitreC5

Drives: 18 Tahoe RST, 19 Z06
Thanks for answering my questions and linking the other threads.

So, do you print and sell these? If so, please PM me the details.

Quote:
This pod directly replaced the stock vent/diverter. The factory vent/diverted is captured by a spherical bore (socket). The two halves of the socket are most likely fused at the seam during production after the vent/diverted is in place.

The trim ring is attached to the factory vent housing.

This mount goes inside of stock vent housing.

The gauge attached to the mount using the supplied clamp provided by the garage manufacturer. Slide the gauge through the front and the clamp in the rear has two plastic thumb screws the keep the gauge in place.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...php?p=10772205
7LitreC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:42 PM   #31
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7LitreC5 View Post

You’re welcome. PM sent.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:55 PM   #32
Trochoidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7LitreC5 View Post

This one is yours.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Old 10-12-2020, 11:13 AM   #33
7LitreC5

Just finished installing my Banks iDash. Thanks to Trochoidal for his help with this project.
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2020, 11:13 AM   #34
Rhobz

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Where are you guys buying your Banks iDash Superguage from? Any preferred vendors?

And for those of you running the iDash and a wideband, are they both plugged into the OBD2 plug? Did you put in a splitter? Just trying to figure out all options that keep the install clean.
Rhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 12:16 PM   #35
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhobz View Post
Where are you guys buying your Banks iDash Superguage from? Any preferred vendors?

And for those of you running the iDash and a wideband, are they both plugged into the OBD2 plug? Did you put in a splitter? Just trying to figure out all options that keep the install clean.
I bought my Banks iDash directly from Banks.

The AEM wideband connector is a pass through, so you can just plug the Banks into that.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:21 PM   #36
7LitreC5

I bought mine from RDP store.
Old 12-21-2020, 02:13 PM   #37
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhobz View Post

So im running the same i dash and Aem wideband. But I didn't wont to have all the clutter on my obd2 plug so I purchased a splitter on Amazon that I can hide the oem OBD2 port under the dash with all the gauges plugged in then I ran the splitter male to the original spot. A little confusing but not difficult.

Best part is you don't have to unplug anything if you wanted to connect an OBD2 reader

Right Angle Universal OBD II OBD2 16pin Extension Splitter Y Cable 1 Male to 2 Female with Underdash Bracket for GPS https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L9ZK2DN...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Images

20Bluezl1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 08:13 AM   #38
ZLE in DC

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
For those running the DataMonster, how are you importing the logged data, as in which software package? Also, it looks like Banks is getting real close to a wide band capability, which will be huge for me. Im trying hard to keep the number of gauges to a minimum!
ZLE in DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 04:21 PM   #39
Trochoidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLE in DC View Post
For those running the DataMonster, how are you importing the logged data, as in which software package? Also, it looks like Banks is getting real close to a wide band capability, which will be huge for me. Im trying hard to keep the number of gauges to a minimum!
That will be a nice addition to the Banks gauge if they add WB. As you mentioned, one less gauge in the car.

Here’s an older post about DataMonster. I don’t have that one but maybe give this a try and see if it helps you.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=46

Old 12-09-2021, 04:32 PM   #40
ZLE dude

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLE in DC View Post
I'm just dumping the files into excel and formatting/trending from there. It's not the easiest or cleanest method, but it usually works for what I'm looking for at the time. If there was a canned software that you could load the files into that would be awesome. I've debated building a Excel macro, but I'm not that into creating automation.
2018 ZL1 1LE - Summit White, PDR, Rotofab CAI, 95mm TB, CSP 2" catless LT's, JMS Voltage Booster, AEM X-series WB, DSX flex fuel sensor, Banks Data Monster, Tuned by Ted Jannetty, 5% Tint, Blackvue DR900S-2CH, Diode Dynamics lighting, IGL Kenzo ceramic coating
ZLE dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 05:02 PM   #41
Trochoidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLE dude View Post
I'm just dumping the files into excel and formatting/trending from there. It's not the easiest or cleanest method, but it usually works for what I'm looking for at the time. If there was a canned software that you could load the files into that would be awesome. I've debated building a Excel macro, but I'm not that into creating automation.
You’re not kidding about that not being the easiest way to get that data more presentable. I’m surprised Banks doesn’t have canned software to dump the data.

Ahh yeah, like you, I don’t get along with excel macros.

Quick question for you, how does the logged data look when playing it back on the gauge? In other words, can you get what you need by watching the logged file?

Old 12-10-2021, 06:08 AM   #42
ZLE dude

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
You’re not kidding about that not being the easiest way to get that data more presentable. I’m surprised Banks doesn’t have canned software to dump the data.

Ahh yeah, like you, I don’t get along with excel macros.

Quick question for you, how does the logged data look when playing it back on the gauge? In other words, can you get what you need by watching the logged file?
Hmm....I've never tried watching a log file on the gauge! I may have to mess with it this weekend and see.
2018 ZL1 1LE - Summit White, PDR, Rotofab CAI, 95mm TB, CSP 2" catless LT's, JMS Voltage Booster, AEM X-series WB, DSX flex fuel sensor, Banks Data Monster, Tuned by Ted Jannetty, 5% Tint, Blackvue DR900S-2CH, Diode Dynamics lighting, IGL Kenzo ceramic coating
ZLE dude is offline   Reply With Quote