#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-11-2016, 06:49 PM   #57
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdp1 View Post
Why is it that every time a bad ass model of a sports car comes out, they have to add that disgusting suede, cloth, alcantara, suede, what ever its called, all over the interior? My God, even on the steering wheel? Don't they know it's not the 70's anymore and Elvis has left the building for good? I wouldn't buy one just because of that. I want leather please, and it's not even an option.
It's a track package.... Do you understand the reason for alcantara/ microsuede on those surfaces?
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:58 PM   #58
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Def needs to be lowered

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:18 PM   #59
888GT#31

Drives: 2008 G8 GT Liquid Red :)
Both are beautiful machines! These seats look awesome and very inviting!
888GT#31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:16 PM   #60
JRL1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Def needs to be lowered
The tires are lower aspect ratio (30 series v 35 on 5th Gen 1LE) which leaves more wheel gap, but lower would be better.
JRL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:09 AM   #61
Stroke9

Drives: 2015 AGM 1SS
Tires are 26.7" in diameter? That's a full 2" shorter than stock Gen 5 SS tires!
Stroke9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:01 AM   #62
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
Cool options

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdp1 View Post
Why is it that every time a bad ass model of a sports car comes out, they have to add that disgusting suede, cloth, alcantara, suede, what ever its called, all over the interior? My God, even on the steering wheel? Don't they know it's not the 70's anymore and Elvis has left the building for good? I wouldn't buy one just because of that. I want leather please, and it's not even an option.
The V6 mustang for 15 has no options as well, I believe the 4 bangers are driving out the v6 motors, the TT mustang has almost the Hp of the v6 and with an intercooler upgrade will out perform the v6. Amazing tech.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:57 AM   #63
EE7

Drives: New
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecyclone View Post
The V6 mustang for 15 has no options as well, I believe the 4 bangers are driving out the v6 motors, the TT mustang has almost the Hp of the v6 and with an intercooler upgrade will out perform the v6. Amazing tech.
You can get any option you want on the V6 in the camaro. GM did not follow what Ford did by trying to phase out the v6 and limiting the options available.
EE7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:00 AM   #64
Mike502

Drives: 2016 C7 conv 7 speed. Black/black
my 2SS sits about a 1/2" lower and it has mag ride. I hate the rear wing on my SS.
Notice the SS badge on the side.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mike502; 02-12-2016 at 08:18 AM.
Mike502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:01 AM   #65
Mike502

1/2 " higher.
I've got to get that rear spoiler for sure. The SS spoiler looks like a mustang wing.
I don't like the cheap looking mirrors " flat black"
The rims look better and the calipers look great on black rims. All and all just lower it a bit.
Head 2 head it's going to beat the non R Shelby GT 350 in all performance numbers. Plus around town it's got the low end grunt that will make it feel faster.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mike502; 02-12-2016 at 08:13 AM.
Mike502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:02 AM   #66
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebernard View Post
I hope the wheel/tire package on the 1SS is available soon. Damn are those nice! I'm sure they will be very expensive......
Interested in these wheels? Check this out:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
I notice the V6 1LE also has the nicer, leather wrapped interior that is missing on the SS 1LE. I hope that's available on the SS 1LE. I don't mind missing out on the Bose sound system, I just don't want to be surrounded by plastic anymore. I used to not care, but I'm tired of hard plastic everything all around me.
The V6 is a 2LT model. The 1LE on V8 trim only comes as a 1SS, but you still get alcantara/leather front and leather rear seats with the alcantara wheel. The alcantara is for the high performance grip feel over the leather, so anyone complaining about this (not saying YOU are, but some are) just don't know what they are looking at in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecyclone View Post
Huh? Nothing to do with this thread or the Camaro. I'm sorry but I think you misunderstood the statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE7 View Post
You can get any option you want on the V6 in the camaro. GM did not follow what Ford did by trying to phase out the v6 and limiting the options available.
Even the turbo four (the base Camaro) can still get all of the trim upgrades the V6 model gets....Ford neutered their base engine car. Chevy did not.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:15 AM   #67
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike502 View Post
All and all just lower it a bit.
Agreed...incase you missed it, chrisvr6 Photoshopped a drop on this shot (and I raised the back back up a tad ). Looks awesome...first thing I will be doing to mine is lowering it. There better be MRC lowering springs by then. (Odd thing is the press photos show the car a little lower, I wonder if ride height isn't set yet?)
Attached Images

SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:19 AM   #68
Mike502

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Agreed...incase you missed it, chrisvr6 Photoshopped a drop on this shot (and I raised the back back up a tad ). Looks awesome...first thing I will be doing to mine is lowering it. There better be MRC lowering springs by then. (Odd thing is the press photos show the car a little lower, I wonder if ride height isn't set yet?)
WOW this looks amazing and love those wider tires and rims. The hips really stand out and look ready to hit the local track.
Perfect design when you get the stance right.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2016, 08:45 AM   #69
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Pfadt and DSE offer lowering springs for MRC equipped 5th get Camaro's that works within the operating parameter of the suspension without the harshness associated with past lowering springs offerings from other companies.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:39 AM   #70
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
The rims with wider tires look sweet. Like everyone mentioned already, too much tire/fender gap for some reason. I mean with 20" wheels you would think we could fill out a wheel well. The Alcantara is nice for the 1st 6 months but then it gets matted and worn and then you just wish you had a leather steering wheel. The rear spoiler is a huge improvement. I hope that is standard moving forward.

As a current 2013 1LE owner I can say that in order to fully appreciate this car you need a track. In order to really experience the improvements in suspension, braking and tire grip you really need to push the car in the corners. If the most fun you have is launching onto a highway on-ramp then save your money and get a regular SS but if you have twisty roads where you live or track the car this is the best track car for the money.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote