Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-16-2021, 06:39 AM   #1
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Headers (wideband bung)

I wonder why adding a wideband bung isn’t standard (or at least an option) from header manufacturers. I contacted CSP as I’m interested in their new 4.5” CAT option along with their 2” headers and it’s not an option.

I know it’s not a huge deal to get a bung installed after the fact, but then I can’t take advantage of factory ceramic coating - so I’ll have to send it out afterwards. It’s just a lot more hassle then being able to order it from the factory with one. I’d also gladly pay a little bit more for it too.

I guess I’m just ranting. lol
Old 04-16-2021, 08:18 AM   #2
Hambo864

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome383Z View Post
I wonder why adding a wideband bung isn’t standard (or at least an option) from header manufacturers. I contacted CSP as I’m interested in their new 4.5” CAT option along with their 2” headers and it’s not an option.

I know it’s not a huge deal to get a bung installed after the fact, but then I can’t take advantage of factory ceramic coating - so I’ll have to send it out afterwards. It’s just a lot more hassle then being able to order it from the factory with one. I’d also gladly pay a little bit more for it too.

I guess I’m just ranting. lol
No you're not ranting. I've wondered the same thing. Why not? I'd pay more just for the convenience of it.
Hambo864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:42 AM   #3
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
IMO no rant but comment with merit. These manufacturers are in the business to make products. It’s odd they can bend tubes, weld them to flanges and pump the brakes when it comes time to add a WB bung. I went through this with ARH not long ago. Many have posted that ARH will add the extra bung, yet when I requested to have this addition they said they don’t offer that service. Why not? I also offered to pay for the extra material and labor but that didn’t sway them.

It’s a PIA but I had the WB bung added and sent them out for ceramic after the fact.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 10:57 AM   #4
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
I actually understand not making it optional, that’s additional work... but make it standard. That way it’s part of the fixture and likely robotically welded on with everything else. Then folks that don’t want it can just plug it.

Especially since we are moving towards off road pipes being more of a concern these days (some tuners aren’t touching them). With CATs you need another bung...
Old 04-16-2021, 01:18 PM   #5
17MaroSS

Drives: 17 2SS 6sp
Same here. What a pain

Sidenote I had my wideband bung welded in at 90° instead of at an angle. Do you think this would cause any problems down the line?