Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-19-2016, 10:04 PM   #29
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
So I found out today that this is a copy of our kit from this No Sponsoring Camaro5 Individual.....Copied our products sells on ebay and Camaro5

BUY FROM THE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER NOT SOMEONE LYING TO PEOPLE TELLING THEM ITS AN ADM KIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2015-Ca...JXL0mj&vxp=mtr

BTW - HE HAS CHANGED HIS NAME ON EBAY ,HIS BACKGROUND IS USED COMIC BOOKS PRIOR TO CHANGING HIS NAME (MAY 7 2016)

ITS IRONIC THAT I GET THE TECH SUPPORT CALLS ON THIS AND WAS NOT AWARE UNTIL TODAY IT WAS NOT OUR KIT....WTF

HIS NAME ON THIS FORUM IS REDHOTSS - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=455954

Sorry but figured I would help bring awareness
How did he get the detailed instructions? Wouldn't that be a copyright infringement if they are the same ones you include with the kit?

Just wondering...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:28 PM   #30
ttshovel

Drives: 12 camaro ss, 72 chevelle, 91camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
How did he get the detailed instructions? Wouldn't that be a copyright infringement if they are the same ones you include with the kit?

Just wondering...

-Don
maybe he just linked your build thread???
12 camaro ss 427lsx, th400, f310 heads, crower shaft mounts, gpi specd solid roller, shearerfab 2k hp a/w, twin bullseye 88mm turbos, hughes pro ssx bolt together converter, holley dominator, 8.50 cert, backhalf, Ford 9", 33x17x16 tires, c16 fuel
ttshovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:01 PM   #31
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Humm, could be. Not much one can do about that.

I saw the old eBay ad and it said ADM kit. It doesn't say it now, I checked.

Old ebay add looked like a cut/paste of ADMs. It may be changed slightly now...

-Don

Last edited by hammdo; 07-20-2016 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:21 AM   #32
bhvrdr

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS AT6 (L99)
Well this is not fun. Despite once again driving an hour to pick my car up with my wife and despite requesting that this time they significantly road test the car...just 90 miles later we again have a CEL with p219b code. Spark plugs and wires were already changed. Anyone want to put money on one of the used injectors the shop supplied?

bhvrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:47 AM   #33
RedHotSS

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Humm, could be. Not much one can do about that.

I saw the old eBay add and it said ADM kit. It doesn't say it now, I checked.

Old ebay add looked like a cut/paste of ADMs. It may be changed slightly now...

-Don
I'll go ahead and chime in just to clarify a few things. First, I do have a high performance automotive business. We complete installations, tuning, and do sell parts , including LSA conversion kits. We have and do resell parts on occasion as customers change their mind or go a different direction.

We do offer our own LSA conversion kits for the Camaro, G8, and Chevy SS sedan. These kits are sold locally as well as on eBay. The majority of the parts to complete an LSA conversion are sourced from GM. So obviously many of the parts are common in all kits.

Nowhere does the eBay listing above reference ADM. They had there own eBay listing, so that maybe where there is some confusion. The comment on comic books, is a personal eBay account, not a business account. The instructions included in all of our kits are not a copy of ADM. I'll summarize with a note that many shops are performing LSA conversions. ADM isn't the only shop selling LSA parts and performing this service.

I apologize, didn't mean to muddy up this thread. If there are any other questions, please contact me directly.
RedHotSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:52 AM   #34
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Could be the ADM ad I saw.

I know how long it takes to write instructions and why I asked. It's unfortunate in today's world we have to ask is it copied...

-Don
Old 07-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #35
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhvrdr View Post
Well this is not fun. Despite once again driving an hour to pick my car up with my wife and despite requesting that this time they significantly road test the car...just 90 miles later we again have a CEL with p219b code. Spark plugs and wires were already changed. Anyone want to put money on one of the used injectors the shop supplied?

Take it to a new shop.
Get your old injectors back.
Publicly warn the forums which shop to avoid, youve given them enough chances.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:20 PM   #36
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

P219B (Bank2):

Possible Causes:
- Leaking or contaminated fuel injectors
- Low fuel pressure or running out of fuel
- Leaking evaporative emission (EVAP) canister purge valve
- Exhaust or intake air system leaks
- Exhaust gas re circulation (EGR) system
- Positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system is leaking or the valve is stuck open
- Ignition system - Incorrectly seated engine oil dipstick, tube or oil fill cap

Sounds like a new shop is in order. Agreed, should know which shop did the setup...

-Don
Old 07-20-2016, 04:13 PM   #37
CKeas

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Well I can say this with 100% certainty RedHotSS tried to sell me what he was claiming was a genuine ADM kit back in April. I am lucky enough to live in the DFW area and contacted Andy @ ADM to do my install. I was at his shop discussing the details about the install and my kit when it was mentioned that what I was buying wasn't an ADM kit after all. I showed Andy the pictures of the kit that were provided and he took me into his parts room and was showing me the differences in the parts he uses and the ones that were being provided in the kit I was getting from RedHotSS. For anyone not knowing the parts firsthand it looks like a legitimate ADM kit because yes some parts are GM stock parts but there are some that aren't. I was very lucky I was at the ADM shop the day my kit was being delivered and missed the delivery. I was able to contact Fedex and refuse delivery and contacted PayPal about the fake kit I was being sold. I got my money back and had Andy do my install, and the stand up thing Andy did was price match his kit to the fake one I was supposed to be getting. Couldn't be happier with my service and product that Andy and his shop provided. All I can say is buyer beware of anything RedHotSS is selling, and I have text messages of the conversation that me and Mike (RedHotSS) had where he indeed says it was an ADM kit.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:55 PM   #38
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKeas View Post
Well I can say this with 100% certainty RedHotSS tried to sell me what he was claiming was a genuine ADM kit back in April. I am lucky enough to live in the DFW area and contacted Andy @ ADM to do my install. I was at his shop discussing the details about the install and my kit when it was mentioned that what I was buying wasn't an ADM kit after all. I showed Andy the pictures of the kit that were provided and he took me into his parts room and was showing me the differences in the parts he uses and the ones that were being provided in the kit I was getting from RedHotSS. For anyone not knowing the parts firsthand it looks like a legitimate ADM kit because yes some parts are GM stock parts but there are some that aren't. I was very lucky I was at the ADM shop the day my kit was being delivered and missed the delivery. I was able to contact Fedex and refuse delivery and contacted PayPal about the fake kit I was being sold. I got my money back and had Andy do my install, and the stand up thing Andy did was price match his kit to the fake one I was supposed to be getting. Couldn't be happier with my service and product that Andy and his shop provided. All I can say is buyer beware of anything RedHotSS is selling, and I have text messages of the conversation that me and Mike (RedHotSS) had where he indeed says it was an ADM kit.
I thought I saw that it was an ADM kit at one time. I can check the web history as 'nothing' disappears on the internet...

It is not being advertised as an ADM kit now so that is fair. I've never seen this kit so I can't comment on whether the kit is inferior or not. The main thing is folks should understand what they are buying, that's all (anyone can source the factory parts themselves). The pulley system is very likely a machined copy as I know 'who' machined ADMs very well, and the fact its currently going for Patent Pending status. Still curious about the 'detailed instructions', not that anyone couldn't do that, but I know the effort involved is not small...

-Don

Last edited by hammdo; 07-20-2016 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:09 PM   #39
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotSS View Post
I'll go ahead and chime in just to clarify a few things. First, I do have a high performance automotive business. We complete installations, tuning, and do sell parts , including LSA conversion kits. We have and do resell parts on occasion as customers change their mind or go a different direction.

We do offer our own LSA conversion kits for the Camaro, G8, and Chevy SS sedan. These kits are sold locally as well as on eBay. The majority of the parts to complete an LSA conversion are sourced from GM. So obviously many of the parts are common in all kits.

Nowhere does the eBay listing above reference ADM. They had there own eBay listing, so that maybe where there is some confusion. The comment on comic books, is a personal eBay account, not a business account. The instructions included in all of our kits are not a copy of ADM. I'll summarize with a note that many shops are performing LSA conversions. ADM isn't the only shop selling LSA parts and performing this service.

I apologize, didn't mean to muddy up this thread. If there are any other questions, please contact me directly.
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKeas View Post
And white!

The differences here are pretty dramatic between the two statements. The guy has text messages too. maybe he should just screenshot them, and post them here.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:59 PM   #40
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
I had contacted redhotss on eBay and I asked him what the difference between his kit and adm. He in no way tried to tell me it was an adm kit. This was a few months ago so not sure what was going on before that.
jeff657756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:21 PM   #41
CKeas

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
My experience with RedHotSS wasn't on EBay but from right here on camaro5.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:49 PM   #42
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
A 450hp car and a 1500hp pretty much use the same fuel at idle. If an ID2000 can idle fine on a stock 376ci motor, then a 80-90lb injector will have no problem.

I really don't see the need for dual widebands either. Save your money and just run one.