Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 11-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
Oxtar41

Drives: 700 rwhp 2010 SS
There still is some good left in this world..shoutout at a vendor here..

While I asked the vendor who helped me out if I could make a thread saying how they helped me they asked me not to share their name because they didn't do it for a boost in business they just did it to straight up help me out so I have to respect their wishes. However I will give a broad description and back story because I'm still in shock someone I never met would do something like this to help.

Long story short, I'm a mechanic by trade, I'm 24 years old and busted my ass went to tech school, worked at a Subaru dealership and became a Subaru certified master technician. I left Subaru and went to GM and got a bunch of GM training done and got a few certifications. I have been around cars all of my life and its a huge passion of mine. I did everything on my car, cam, supercharger, rebuilt my tr6060, the list is endless.

Sadly my days of wrenching are pretty much over because I got hurt at work. I basically had a transmission jack fail and a trans out of full size silverado came crashing down and crushed my left forearm. The muscle and tendon damage healed up but I'm left with permanent feeling loss in my left hand from the wrist down. Those of you who are mechanics know how important feeling is when you cant see in a tight spot and have to use your hands as "eyes". I now have a restriction of no more then 10lbs with my left hand for the rest of my life because I cant tell how hard Im gripping on to something.

I got a lawyer involved and im basically waiting on a settlement where the company has to pay for me to go back to school and learn to do something else because I cant continue with my current profession at 100%. Finding work has been super hard because legally I have to list that I have a permanent disability due to my hand and I cant collect unemployment because technicially I "can" work but no one will hire with no experience in a different field and having a 10lb limit severely limits the jobs I can apply for. It sucks..big time...I'm basically working maybe 40 hours a month with a friend doing minor BS just so I can pay my car payment and rent. I had a bunch of mod money set aside for my 416 stroker build this winter that I had to use to keep my head above water for the time being.

So I pm'd this vendor about some parts and asked what the best price they could do on the parts were just for shits and giggles. They gave me a fantastic deal but sadly I had to tell the vendor it was still to high for me I explained that hopefully once I get my settlement and get back on track I would be able to pick the items up. So a few days go by and I check my email and I see a shipping number from UPS. I click it and see a package was shipped to me from the vendor I was talking to. So I jump on here and send the vendor a PM and asked them if he made a mistake because I knew we were talking about some items and figured they got shipped to me on accident. The vendor replys that it was a early x-mas present for someone going through a hard time...WOW my jaw hit the floor.

Now im not talking about like a 100 dollar item. The things I was Pm'ing him about were upwards of 1200+ bucks new. I'm still pretty much in shock as thats like one of the nicest things anyone has done for me in a very long time. I wish I could say the vendors name but I promised I wouldnt. If they wanna post here and take credit thats up to them. All in all Im surprised people like this still exist today, they are few and far between. Also if the vendor reads this THANK YOU once again.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
That is so cool.

Best wishes to you in the future. Hopefully you'll find something you like to do that rewards you well, and soon.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
67RS2010SS

Drives: Maroon 67 rs and CRT 2012 ZL-1
Great story and I hope everything works out for you good luck
67RS2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #4
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
very nice thing to do!
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Good things can happen, that's a cool story!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #6
Oxtar41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
That is so cool.

Best wishes to you in the future. Hopefully you'll find something you like to do that rewards you well, and soon.

John B.

Thank you.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #7
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Awesome is all I have to say.

Sorry that accident had to happen to you. Hopefully all in the end will work out and you can find a new job that can fit what you love doing under your new conditions.

While many might think there are almost no good people left in this world there a still plenty of the good. Reason being that we always hear the bad stories and almost never the good. So thank you for sharing. I actually hope that the vendor does name themselves because while they might not have done it for the publicity it is still something they should be acknowledge for
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #8
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Wow , you are right about that .Now since you have that limited use from your left hand , don't take the doctor word for , go and work hard at rehab and go beyond what's expected from the doctor point of view , it's all in reach if you put mind and soul into it .Also you can get into some kind of auto mechanic computer programer , you can do it .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #9
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Faith in humanity = restored
Old 11-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #10
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
SOMEDAY you Might be ABLE to PASS it Forward
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #11
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
SOMEDAY you Might be ABLE to PASS it Forward
Always.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #12
Red Jewel RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
We do have awesome vendors on here!!

I know something will come your way soon. In the tough days, just remember that there is still good people in the world yet. A great example is this vendor!
Red Jewel RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #13
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Sad story but

Sad to here your predicament but nice touch by the vendor.There are lots of good people left in the world.Just fewer.If I was you and I am not, with your background I would go to tuner school and learn to tune various makes and models.You might work your way up from there to purchasing a dyno and who knows ? Good luck
Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #14
Oxtar41

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Awesome is all I have to say.

Sorry that accident had to happen to you. Hopefully all in the end will work out and you can find a new job that can fit what you love doing under your new conditions.

While many might think there are almost no good people left in this world there a still plenty of the good. Reason being that we always hear the bad stories and almost never the good. So thank you for sharing. I actually hope that the vendor does name themselves because while they might not have done it for the publicity it is still something they should be acknowledge for

I agree. Hopefully they will chime in. Thanks everyone for the kind words.