Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

AWE Tuning

Old 09-28-2020, 03:34 PM   #15
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
So as far as Summit doing me a service, this is how anyone would expect a business to treat them. Let’s not forget that I’m paying them, not the other way around.
Suggestion: call them and ask them to locate one while your on the phone. They did this for me and they found an item on a dealer shelf as I waited on the phone. They may or may not be able to do it but you can at least speak to a person that is not outsourced to India for customer service. I’ve. Had hit or miss for Z28 stuff from summit. But they’ve always made it right.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 03:52 PM   #16
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post

So I ordered a steering wheel for my car from them as a special order. There were other sites that were GM parts distributors that had it in stock, but with shipping they cost about $25 more so of course I went with Summit.

Are you sure the other Places had it in Stock?

So what I think is happening here is they had old pricing on their website for the part and they're hoping I'll cancel so they don't have to take a hit on the freight and part. The part through Summit was about $15 less than the lowest price anywhere else and they offered free freight. OK, maybe that's not the reason, but waiting 10 weeks for a part is just stoopid. I work with buying parts all day long and an order that's old usually means someone screwed up and dropped the ball.

That is not a Game that Summit plays - I have seen them lose money to please a customer
Good luck getting resolved
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:52 PM   #17
wasthatacop?

Drives: 2010 2SS
That's ridiculous. I had the same problem with a camshaft.
ZL1 factory rims
misc: drilled and slotted rotors, fresh air brake cooling system, new speakers, installed reverse camera, muffler delete
wasthatacop? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:57 PM   #18
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
I've had decent luck with Summit and Jegs. I've been ordering from Summit since the early 1990s when you had to order by phone out of a catalog. There are a ton of places that are posting warnings about shipping delays and parts availability due to COVID so maybe that has something to do with it? Sucks to hear this though, as Summit is one of those sites that you expect to do it right every time. It's not like they are new to the game.

I did have a new door wiring harness cancelled on me by GM Parts Direct back in May after waiting 2 weeks for it, which sucked. They claimed it has been discontinued by GM but every one of those GM Parts sites still has it listed for sale.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 07:03 PM   #19
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Good luck getting resolved
The other sites said they had "IN STOCK" I guess we'll see, but as far as Summit loosing money and going out of their way to source a part, why do it when you can just ask/tell your customer to cancel and lose nothing? They may be willing to lose if you received an item and it came in broke and they had to make it right. I don't expect them to buy for me at a loss, just dont expect me to wait 3 months for a part and wait 6 weeks to tell me they cant source it.
FasNuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 07:07 PM   #20
FasNuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
I've had decent luck with Summit and Jegs. I've been ordering from Summit since the early 1990s when you had to order by phone out of a catalog. There are a ton of places that are posting warnings about shipping delays and parts availability due to COVID so maybe that has something to do with it? Sucks to hear this though, as Summit is one of those sites that you expect to do it right every time. It's not like they are new to the game.

I did have a new door wiring harness cancelled on me by GM Parts Direct back in May after waiting 2 weeks for it, which sucked. They claimed it has been discontinued by GM but every one of those GM Parts sites still has it listed for sale.
I had good luck with Summit back in the late 80's when they had a store in my town. It was nice to go in and drool over the blocks and blowers on the showroom floor and see all the chrome on the walls. This is just my bad luck I suppose. I think the Covid thing may be a good excuse, but that's not why they said it wasnt shipping. There was no explanation. Just email them to keep on order for another 4 weeks or they will cancel.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:07 PM   #21
Smitty CC
Banned

Drives: none
Yeah I called them a few days ago asking about a Nick Williams 102 TB that I would like a part for....TPS... they gave me the numbers for a AC Delco TPS ... if the pics provided are of the actual TPS then no go! I took it off and cleaned everything and it now works but.......
Smitty CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:12 PM   #22
FasNuf

I'm OK with a company telling me it will be 10 weeks to get a part because I can make the decision on the spot to go somewhere else. I just dont like being told it will be 4 weeks, then at 6 weeks getting an email saying they will cancel unless I contact them to continue the order for another 4 weeks. That's not even a guarantee. I suppose it's just the way it goes. I'll buy from them again. I just won't buy anything on back order. Oh. Summit Sucks is my opinion.....just sayin'
Old 09-28-2020, 08:19 PM   #23
FasNuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
Suggestion: call them and ask them to locate one while your on the phone. They did this for me and they found an item on a dealer shelf as I waited on the phone. They may or may not be able to do it but you can at least speak to a person that is not outsourced to India for customer service. I’ve. Had hit or miss for Z28 stuff from summit. But they’ve always made it right.
That's a good idea.
Thank you
Old 09-28-2020, 08:27 PM   #24
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Only have had great deliver so far
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:29 PM   #25
FasNuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
Only have had great deliver so far
my crap luck i suppose. I'll give them another chance with stocked items after I call in to place the order and confirm stock!
Old 09-28-2020, 09:25 PM   #26
tom's2005gto

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 Convertible
It's a covid-19 problem. Supply chains around the world are disrupted right now.
tom's2005gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:21 PM   #27
FasNuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom's2005gto View Post
It's a covid-19 problem. Supply chains around the world are disrupted right now.
Apparently not because the item has shipped from the new vendor. I wonder why Summit couldn't do that.
Old 10-02-2020, 10:45 AM   #28
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i work in the auto parts industry and since the pandemic started in march everybody has been slammed including us. Summit Jegs cj pony parts etc have all been super backed up werent currently at 10+ week lead time for all new orders/parts