Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-22-2019, 01:09 AM   #29
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
It looks like yours was a base GT. The PP1 is more comparable to the SS. I don't really care how "mean" a car looks, really, just how good it looks. IMO the '18+ GT PP1 is better looking than any 6th gen SS.
Um... No.

Quote:
2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE vs. 2018 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack
The never ending story: A new Mustang GT takes on the benchmark Camaro

I had high hopes the combination of the 2018 refresh, the new Performance Pack goodies, and MagneRide would fix things. Nope. The car rolls over on itself and seems to not only understeer but also to try and oversteer at the same time. Like the front and back aren't actually connected.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...ck-comparison/
Quote:
Comparison: 2015 BMW M4 vs 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Making a Back road Murderer: When Identical Ain't All It's Cracked Up To Be

The chassis is the latest version of GM's highly acclaimed Alpha platform, the same underpinnings you'll find beneath the skin of the Cadillac ATS and CTS, the latter also a COTY winner.

The Alpha chassis is worth its weight in … aluminum. It's properly stiff and sporty; we've yet to find an Alpha car that didn't handle at or near the top of its class.

"I was genuinely concerned that the M4 would wipe the streets with the Camaro, and yet the exact opposite happened," Cammisa said. "The Camaro's win was wholesale."

Chevy's people's sports car continues its winning streak. Who's next? Audi? AMG? Porsche?

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...let-camaro-ss/
^^^that COTY winner was the 2016 Camaro SS

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 08-22-2019 at 01:24 AM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:45 AM   #30
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Don't quote Motor Trend, the Mustang guys are convinced Chevy pays them off for those wins.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:46 AM   #31
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
No one can convince me that any S550, AKA Mustang II face is better than even the '19 Camaro in terms of looks...and I don't like the '19 Camaro SS front at all!
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:53 AM   #32
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Um... No.

^^^that COTY winner was the 2016 Camaro SS
at the time of that review yes, you would have had to have gone SS1LE vs PP1.

All though now wouldn't they line up like this

LT1 VS GT
SS VS GT PP1
SS1LE VS GT PP2

?
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:04 AM   #33
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
The 1le gives the pp1 and pp2 the business. An a10 pp1 is faster in a straight line obviously but will get handled in every other performance metric.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:17 PM   #34
1LE_Crush

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE in Orange Crush
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
at the time of that review yes, you would have had to have gone SS1LE vs PP1.

All though now wouldn't they line up like this

LT1 VS GT
SS VS GT PP1
SS1LE VS GT PP2

?
Only for magazine numbers the PP2 is any comparison to the 1LE. I am new to the 1LE but from what I've seen so far is the PP2 has no extra cooling added anywhere and the car easily overheats the rear end and quickly making any kind of track day fun a bust if you have to stop every 2 laps and let everything cool down that doesn't seem like a track package to me. I understand that some could say well that's an easy fix add coolers...which is more weight and then increases the cost of PP2 over a 1LE. The PP2 was created to close the gap on the 1LE not be better. It was made to make the reviews closer. I had a 15 PP1 and I never liked how the car always seemed like the front and rear were designed for 2 different cars. They never worked together. I don't see slapping on mag ride and pp2 bits fixing any of that.

Past Cars that Matter
2007 Mustang V6 (4.0)(Auto)
2008 Mustang GT (4.6)(Stick)
2010 Mustang V6 (3.7)(Auto)
2011 Challenger R/T (5.7)(Stick)
2015 Corvette C7 (6.2)(Stick)
2015 Mustang GT (5.0)(Stick)
2016 Corvette C7 (6.2)(Stick)
2017 Daytona 392 (...6.4)(Auto)
1LE_Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:26 PM   #35
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
No doubt the 1LE still comes out as the better car.

I was talking more in lines of the kind of equipment they come with.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:04 PM   #36
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
No doubt the 1LE still comes out as the better car.

I was talking more in lines of the kind of equipment they come with.
PP2 forces you into a tech pack, yet you have to option in Recaro's and active exhaust.

I liked that I could get a 1SS 1LE with no other options, and still get the seats, active exhaust, a HUD, and even the base interior has an 8" touchscreen with android auto.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:14 PM   #37
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
It looks like yours was a base GT. The PP1 is more comparable to the SS. I don't really care how "mean" a car looks, really, just how good it looks. IMO the '18+ GT PP1 is better looking than any 6th gen SS.
Yeah those PP1 flat Oreo Cookie wheels are real sporty. But everyone has their opinion. I think the Mustangs look cuter than Camaros for sure.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:09 PM   #38
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I find that on car forums in general, there are 4 types of posters...
  1. Car Guys (my favorite)
  2. Fanboys (most are ok, some are insufferable)
  3. Trolls (do I really need to?)
  4. Everybody else (the vast majority of people in the forum)
Agreed except Trolls should be after having a stomach virus and stepping in dog crap.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:34 PM   #39
Rayvan
Rayvan

Drives: 2018 1SS1LE, Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
I had a '15 and '19 GT. The '19 GT sounds better stock than a Camaro w/NPP IMO. With axleback....the SS sounds better. The SS is a much sportier car though and I prefer it over the Mustang.
Coyotes all sound like crap. Never heard one that sounds great just cruising around.
Don't get me wrong, they sound *great* at high RPM. At every other RPM they sound rather shitty, so ya, most of the time they're kind of silly. I'd be embarrassed to drive one.
Rayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:01 PM   #40
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
This Camaro vs Mustang debate will never end. Everyone has their own subjective opinion. Well, here's mine.

I ended up in the Camaro the way of a Mustang. Let me explain. I've never been a pony or muscle car type of guy. I've appreciated the cars for what they were, mostly straight line monsters, but was always more interested in the twisties. I was never interested in the Camaro. The 5th gen and 6th gen refresh did nothing for me. I like the way the 2013+ Mustangs look, but it was really the 6th gen Mustang that caught my eye when it was released for the 2015 year model. Independent suspension, 435hp, good looks, what's not to like. So like any gear head I started reading automotive reviews, and looking at comparos. I then stumbled across Motor Trend's head to head in 2015. The new Mustang GT and 2015 SS 1LE at Willow Springs. Wait, a 6th gen Mustang is slower than a 5th gen Camaro on track?!? This was eye opening. Nonetheless, no way I was buying a Camaro. Then the 6th gen 1LE was introduced and you know the rest. Eventually I ended up test driving the 2018 GT PP1 and 2018 2SS on the same day, both in manual. I liked a lot of things about the Mustang. I preferred the looks, the exhaust note, and the shifter felt smoother. But I also liked the driving position, interior and the overall driving experience of the Camaro. The ergonomic advantages of the Mustang didn't sway me. In the Mustang I felt like I was sitting in 'a car'. There was nothing special about it. In the Camaro I felt like I was sitting in a rocket ship, and still do. Ultimately I chose the 1LE for the sheer value and performance. Most people look at the Mustang GT as the cheaper and therefore better V8 alternative. They however simply overlook what the base 1SS has to offer over the GT PP1 in terms of options. Better trans (6MT), better power train cooling for longevity, better interior toys (Android Auto / Apple Car Play). It's a better value. And when you compare the PP2 to a 1LE it's a no-brainer. One is a street car pretending to be built for track, and the other is legitimately prepped for a road course.

So Mustang fan boys can complain about visibility and ugliness of the Camaro. They might have the better looking car, but they don't have a better car. And that's the bottom line, coming to you from someone with no badge affiliation.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 03:12 PM   #41
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
Yeah those PP1 flat Oreo Cookie wheels are real sporty. But everyone has their opinion. I think the Mustangs look cuter than Camaros for sure.
Ha, I get a lot of compliments on the black PP1 wheels, and really like them a lot myself. Also, you know that the PP1 GT wheels and the C7 Z06 wheels are very similar, right? The main difference being the PP1 wheel spokes (10 of them) are spaced evenly around the perimeter of the wheel, while the Z06 wheel has 10 spokes but on a slight 5 star bias spacing. Aside from smoother edges and the spacing, they are the same basic 10 spoke/split at the ends design. Sporty enough for the Z06, sporty enough for me.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:03 PM   #42
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Ha, I get a lot of compliments on the black PP1 wheels, and really like them a lot myself. Also, you know that the PP1 GT wheels and the C7 Z06 wheels are very similar, right? The main difference being the PP1 wheel spokes (10 of them) are spaced evenly around the perimeter of the wheel, while the Z06 wheel has 10 spokes but on a slight 5 star bias spacing. Aside from smoother edges and the spacing, they are the same basic 10 spoke/split at the ends design. Sporty enough for the Z06, sporty enough for me.
The PP1 wheels look like a serious cop-out and they weigh a ton. The Z06 wheels don't look as bad, nor do they look almost pancake flat like the PP1 wheels. I got rid of them quickly when I had my '15 PP GT and put these MMRs which look 10x better. Was only about a $600 cost after selling the PP wheels. The Camaro SS wheels put the PP1 wheels to shame. The 1LE wheels compared to PP1? Let's not even go there, LOL.
Attached Images

cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote