Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 06-15-2021, 07:38 PM   #1
scottcolem

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Audio cuts in and out

no matter if its XM, FM or apple car play the audio will go out for a few seconds. At first i thought it was the XM satellite but i tried carplay and fm. it only does it for a few seconds at a time. it appears to be getting worse. I had the car at the dealer and they said it was due to the gauges plugged into the OBDII port. they unplugged them and did a power cycle on the car. soon as i pulled out of their garage it started again. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? If so what did you do to fix it? it doesn't appear to do this when i am on the phone hands free. thanks for the assistance!!

Last edited by scottcolem; 06-15-2021 at 08:01 PM.
scottcolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:28 AM   #2
bjbonentte

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro
I am having other radio issues. Mine will randomly reset itself and the hvac. it will lock the volume and get really loud and only way to stop it is to turn the car off. It has done it to me several times but seem to do something crazy to my wife every time she drives the car.

Been going on for a few months. I only drive the car a couple of times a week and my drives are usually 10-15 minutes. If she drives it to work it si 45 minutes away and that is usually when it messes up.

I want to take it in but I do have a sub installed with a gen5diy harness. I wonder if I need to remove that connection before taking it in. I just want my radio to work.
bjbonentte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 04:34 PM   #3
IceGoaliePaul

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT
My car was doing this when there was water in the trunk. After I got things dried out the amp would still cutout sometimes until it stoped working completely. I eventually had to pull the bose amp out and repair it.
IceGoaliePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 06:36 PM   #4
scottcolem

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceGoaliePaul View Post
My car was doing this when there was water in the trunk. After I got things dried out the amp would still cutout sometimes until it stoped working completely. I eventually had to pull the bose amp out and repair it.

i was thinking it was the amp. the car is garaged, but ill look at it later. thanks
scottcolem is offline   Reply With Quote