Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 06-10-2021, 04:43 AM   #1
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Waiting time & cant find NPP option?

Fixed: got my answer here.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=591193

Last edited by Chef-j; 06-11-2021 at 03:29 PM.
Chef-j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:16 AM   #2
JimRockford

Drives: 1SS + SS-Sedan M6 + Terrain diesel
Oh yeah I am down with NPP too.

NPP has gotta be on there and yes also it is included with some of the maxxed motor packages. Obviously pretty much everybody wants it (?!).

LT1 with NPP & stick , with or without the dealer-installed 2 cm lowering-package might be my favorite. In white for WBS and to save the planet via reflectance.

When peoples buy the the dealer-installed lowering-package, does dealer give the buyer the removed new parts too? maybe gotta buy the package from dealer parts/service department post-sale to arrange that?

Look at the 2022 info not 2021 if you are ordering, Chet... pah-yeece !
JimRockford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 12:04 PM   #3
Chef-j

Ok, i have found NPP exhaust option on site.

So i have talked to two dealers. One said they wont take order for me.
other one can order at no lower than MSRP and take rebates if there is any at delivery (estimate mid of September)

Whoever bought recently, do all you guys pay full MSRP?
Old 06-10-2021, 12:22 PM   #4
DarkKnyte

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
Nobody bought recently because the factory has been repeatedly shut down due to chip shortage. Seems like they are reopening just to finished out any 2021 orders that had been placed months ago and then are switching to 2022. If you want to order one, you'll have to wait until July when they open up orders which will probably be delivered in Sept/Oct.

Waited probably 20 years to buy another F body, and now that I'm ready they stopped making them (for a couple months).
DarkKnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 12:25 PM   #5
Chef-j

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnyte View Post
Nobody bought recently because the factory has been repeatedly shut down due to chip shortage. Seems like they are reopening just to finished out any 2021 orders that had been placed months ago and then are switching to 2022. If you want to order one, you'll have to wait until July when they open up orders which will probably be delivered in Sept/Oct.

Waited probably 20 years to buy another F body, and now that I'm ready they stopped making them (for a couple months).
Oh i see, ok.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:54 AM   #6
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
So you have to wait awhile and order a 22 now? I'm getting the run around with Ford and Dodge too. Most of the good discounts are going away and nobody will do any better than invoice or maybe 2% under, but only with a large non-refundable deposit. They say 3-4 months for a mach 1, but I'm more interested in a Scat Pack. I found a couple places that will give a small discount, but they are several hours away. The local dealer didn't seem too interested in my business as he said he didn't even know if he could order one right now. I also found a couple left over 50th editions in California, but one place said they wouldn't ship and the other will not call me back after several attempts to talk to a sales guy and it even says they do ship on their site. But I know it would be a hassle of selling my car to CarMax or somewhere similar and then getting a rental for a few days.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 05:15 AM   #7
Chef-j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat View Post
So you have to wait awhile and order a 22 now? I'm getting the run around with Ford and Dodge too. Most of the good discounts are going away and nobody will do any better than invoice or maybe 2% under, but only with a large non-refundable deposit. They say 3-4 months for a mach 1, but I'm more interested in a Scat Pack. I found a couple places that will give a small discount, but they are several hours away. The local dealer didn't seem too interested in my business as he said he didn't even know if he could order one right now. I also found a couple left over 50th editions in California, but one place said they wouldn't ship and the other will not call me back after several attempts to talk to a sales guy and it even says they do ship on their site. But I know it would be a hassle of selling my car to CarMax or somewhere similar and then getting a rental for a few days.
You can order 22 at no discount. I was going to order from dealer i was talking to but i didnt like how he keep add small amount in MSRP. So im going to find another one.

Dodge has 0 APR, so that is good if you are looking for Scat pack. Most of them seems 3 months avg, it seems some takes more longer for Hellcat or WB.

Try Carvana, Vroom and if you are in Cali, Shift also seemed good to me. Texas has “trade in” credit, idk that’s something you might look into in your state.
Old 06-15-2021, 08:48 AM   #8
Mrbobcat

Yeah, the problem with the Challenger is the 0% is a month to month thing. The guy I was going to order from can lock in the rebate and if there is a higher one at delivery I get that one, but he can't lock in the financing. I guess its not a big deal as long as I can get something like 3.5% and can always refinance at a credit union or something.

BTW, I'm still on the fence between a nearly loaded 1320 or a widebody shaker. I'm also thinking of just going with a standard scat pack and add all the options and dynamic package, adaptive and brass monkey wheels. That would spec out close to what the WB costs, but would be easier to change the wheels in the winter. The 1320 does seem like the best bang for the buck and cheapest of the trims I'm considering, but I would have to switch out the tires or get another wheel/tire set for daily driving and another for winter. But I really like the front end of the WB and I could get the caramel interior. Tough decision. I've been going back and forth for months and could have already had a car for this summer if I could decide on the trim I wanted for sure. But it is a lot of money and I want to be sure.
Old 06-15-2021, 12:00 PM   #9
Chef-j

Quote:
Yeah, the problem with the Challenger is the 0% is a month to month thing. The guy I was going to order from can lock in the rebate and if there is a higher one at delivery I get that one, but he can't lock in the financing. I guess its not a big deal as long as I can get something like 3.5% and can always refinance at a credit union or something.

BTW, I'm still on the fence between a nearly loaded 1320 or a widebody shaker. I'm also thinking of just going with a standard scat pack and add all the options and dynamic package, adaptive and brass monkey wheels. That would spec out close to what the WB costs, but would be easier to change the wheels in the winter. The 1320 does seem like the best bang for the buck and cheapest of the trims I'm considering, but I would have to switch out the tires or get another wheel/tire set for daily driving and another for winter. But I really like the front end of the WB and I could get the caramel interior. Tough decision. I've been going back and forth for months and could have already had a car for this summer if I could decide on the trim I wanted for sure. But it is a lot of money and I want to be sure.
Hahah i went thru same and i do definitely understand.

But dropping 50k on Challenger isnt easy for me (im not that rich or die hard mopar guy) you also need to add new tires cost on any trim too expext WB, thats another 1k~2k.. Having 3 kids, Challenger might be better for me but i dont know. Its beautiful car for sure but i just dont see value of it. I told my wife that i will just get an Automatic Camaro and we share ride. I will be more happy with just 1SS + GM lowering suspension.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:16 AM   #10
Mrbobcat

The WB shaker is actually coming in right at 60k MSRP, but I would be getting about 4k off through the dealer and then add the 1.5k rebate, so we are talking about 55k, while the 1320 would be about 3k less. I'm still not positive if I really need the shaker if I get the WB. Oh and I should have about 20k in trade equity in my 16 Mustang so that makes a big difference. I did talk to the scat pack guy to see what his advice would be between the two. He said he has owned both and prefers the WB much more which surprises me since he used to be into drag racing. I was leaning heavily towards the 1320. But then again the majority of the time it would be used as a daily driver so maybe I should listen to him.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:49 AM   #11
Chef-j

Quote:
The WB shaker is actually coming in right at 60k MSRP, but I would be getting about 4k off through the dealer and then add the 1.5k rebate, so we are talking about 55k, while the 1320 would be about 3k less. I'm still not positive if I really need the shaker if I get the WB. Oh and I should have about 20k in trade equity in my 16 Mustang so that makes a big difference. I did talk to the scat pack guy to see what his advice would be between the two. He said he has owned both and prefers the WB much more which surprises me since he used to be into drag racing. I was leaning heavily towards the 1320. But then again the majority of the time it would be used as a daily driver so maybe I should listen to him.
Ya, if you have trade in, that helps a lot. Id go WB, just you can easily fit wide tires. But thats just me. Sounds like you are ready to go with Challenger instead SS!
Old 06-18-2021, 11:13 PM   #12
Mrbobcat

The 1320 comes with 275's, but I hear you can put slightly wider wheels on the back without much problem, although you could go even wider on the WB. I was about to order one this week, but the dealer I was going to go with will not give me a current price on my trade. He says the market is too volatile and the value could change in the 8 weeks or so it would take to get the new car in. He said he could buy it now and then I could use it for the trade in for the tax savings. But I told him that wasn't going to work since its my only car and renting a car would be too expensive. He hasn't responded back so I guess that's that. Sucks because he was going to give me a decent price and only wanted 1k down. There were a couple other places further away that said they would do similar discounts, but they wanted at least 2k non-refundable down and I don't want to do that either. I called a couple closer dealerships and they said they can't come close to matching the other places deals. Is it me or doesn't anybody want to sell a car very bad? I know I'm being a little picky, but its a lot of money for one of these and I want to get a fair deal. I guess I'll just continue to watch the car sites for anything that may pop up. There has been a couple that were close to the options I wanted in the past, but not an exact one yet at least in my top color choices. I may just go and check out that antimatter Mustang at the local Ford dealership or wait for the release of the new Z. I don't like its look near as much, but it would most likely end up being a cheaper, both in price to buy and for gas and maintenance. I hear they can be modded pretty easily to around 500hp and they are a lot lighter too. No back seat, but not a huge deal for me as I can't remember the last time I had more than one passenger in my car.
Old 06-19-2021, 02:30 AM   #13
Chef-j

Quote:
The 1320 comes with 275's, but I hear you can put slightly wider wheels on the back without much problem, although you could go even wider on the WB. I was about to order one this week, but the dealer I was going to go with will not give me a current price on my trade. He says the market is too volatile and the value could change in the 8 weeks or so it would take to get the new car in. He said he could buy it now and then I could use it for the trade in for the tax savings. But I told him that wasn't going to work since its my only car and renting a car would be too expensive. He hasn't responded back so I guess that's that. Sucks because he was going to give me a decent price and only wanted 1k down. There were a couple other places further away that said they would do similar discounts, but they wanted at least 2k non-refundable down and I don't want to do that either. I called a couple closer dealerships and they said they can't come close to matching the other places deals. Is it me or doesn't anybody want to sell a car very bad? I know I'm being a little picky, but its a lot of money for one of these and I want to get a fair deal. I guess I'll just continue to watch the car sites for anything that may pop up. There has been a couple that were close to the options I wanted in the past, but not an exact one yet at least in my top color choices. I may just go and check out that antimatter Mustang at the local Ford dealership or wait for the release of the new Z. I don't like its look near as much, but it would most likely end up being a cheaper, both in price to buy and for gas and maintenance. I hear they can be modded pretty easily to around 500hp and they are a lot lighter too. No back seat, but not a huge deal for me as I can't remember the last time I had more than one passenger in my car.

That Dodge dealer sounds about right, dealer wont give you any exact trade in value if its going to take 2 or 3 months to get new car. Thats just every dealers. Its like gamble lol. About Z meh, i had supercharged 350z back in 2008. I dont know, their aftermarket parts are very expensive and im getting old, i dont want a car that gets too much attention on street from young kids (one of reason i sold EVO.)
Old 06-19-2021, 10:39 PM   #14
Mrbobcat

So I guess I have to roll the dice and take my chances on the trade value if I want one bad enough? I shouldn't complain as they were only going to give me about 22k for my 16GT the end of summer 19. The value dipped a little in the months after that, but then went up to mid-20's and now right around 30k! I had one dealer say he was confident he could give me at least 27k for my trade, but he is over 8 hours away. I also messaged one of the other dealers I was thinking of going with to see if he could give me a ballpark number, but kind of put that one on hold because he wanted the 3k deposit at first. I hadn't heard back from him yet, but maybe I should go with him because they were quoting the biggest discount. They are about 4 hours away and it sounds like they will take 2k down so not too bad I guess as long as the trade amount sounds reasonable.