Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-31-2021, 11:40 AM   #1
Chippy
BanHamWatch

Drives: 21 ZL1 1LE
Bose sound quality or lack of lol

Just passing along here if you do not like the dullness of the factory system and the harshness one thing I tried lately that had also worked better in my Hellcat which I think had a better system is using a Dragonfly external DAC into the Aux port.
You lose CarPlay ease of use and convenience however I use Tidal master and putting it through the Dragonfly DAC by Audioquest really takes the compression out of the system and provides a more musical experience. I’m not saying it’s anything like upgrading to aftermarket stereo equipment however it makes stock bearable for me. I’m using the Dragonfly Red from my iPhone.
Old 06-01-2021, 12:39 PM   #2
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
really takes the compression out of the system and provides a more musical experience...
certain subsets of the interweb would literally supernova if there were actually any device which could remove audio compression. You can EQ the mix, but you can't remove compression once it's there.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 01:30 PM   #3
Chippy
BanHamWatch

Drives: 21 ZL1 1LE
Ok how about I re word it to say generally the Bose amps and speakers are not the worst I have heard once you actually provide them a some what better source than something through Bluetooth or the phone DAC. I have not tried any files on an SD card however.
Old 06-02-2021, 09:44 AM   #4
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
I do mp3's off a USB. This is not the best factory stereo by far, but I think it is OK considering the relative noise of the car and the cabin. Yes, I could cocoon myself in dynamat, but if I wanted a Lincoln I would've bought a Lincoln.
My favorite audio upgrades (so far):
1) ditch the run flat tires
2) delete the sound tube
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote