Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 06-10-2016, 08:55 AM   #29
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
NO TUNE!!
The stock ECU recalibrates itself fine? No lean conditions, etc? On my previous Mustang (Coyote 5.0) you really HAD to do a tune to get anything out of a CAI.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:12 AM   #30
G6SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Again, any intake that is LESS RESTRICTIVE will enhance the "whistle noise".

After 100's of engineering hours, we know that there is no way to eliminate the whistle noise pre throttle body (without compromising performance/restriction, it has to be done post throttle body. We are the only company that has the fix with a patent pending design. We will provide our loyal customers with this fix (FREE OF CHARGE), once production is finalized.

Yes, we were proudly first to market, as our engineering team has worked longer on R&D than any other manufacturer with the 6th Gen Camaro. Although, being first to market was not our primary goal, we are privileged and proud to have the ability to be the first. As always, we have also achieved our primary goal, to provide an extremely high quality product that produces awesome results!

We are looking forward to having unbiased and independent 3rd party (not a speed shop that works directly with the manufacturer) testing done on all available systems. We are confident that we will be a top performer with our 6th Gen system just as we were with the 5th Gen systems.

Thank You to all of our loyal customers and great dealers!

And now, back to original intent of the thread...........CHEVY PERFORMANCE AIR INTAKE. I am extremely confident that GM will have a high quality and great performing air induction system.

Oh dang!! This seems like a jab at Roto-Fab and JDP.
G6SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:47 PM   #31
GreaseMonkey83

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Again, any intake that is LESS RESTRICTIVE will enhance the "whistle noise".

After 100's of engineering hours, we know that there is no way to eliminate the whistle noise pre throttle body (without compromising performance/restriction, it has to be done post throttle body. We are the only company that has the fix with a patent pending design. We will provide our loyal customers with this fix (FREE OF CHARGE), once production is finalized.

Yes, we were proudly first to market, as our engineering team has worked longer on R&D than any other manufacturer with the 6th Gen Camaro. Although, being first to market was not our primary goal, we are privileged and proud to have the ability to be the first. As always, we have also achieved our primary goal, to provide an extremely high quality product that produces awesome results!

We are looking forward to having unbiased and independent 3rd party (not a speed shop that works directly with the manufacturer) testing done on all available systems. We are confident that we will be a top performer with our 6th Gen system just as we were with the 5th Gen systems.

Thank You to all of our loyal customers and great dealers!

And now, back to original intent of the thread...........CHEVY PERFORMANCE AIR INTAKE. I am extremely confident that GM will have a high quality and great performing air induction system.

I purchased one of your intakes about 3 weeks ago. I haven't received it yet. I'm assuming it is on hold until the patent issues are resolved???
Old 06-10-2016, 04:37 PM   #32
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Since CAI will most likely be the supplier, I would have to say you are probably right lol...

Now the question is, will it come with an ECU refresh, or not...
I mean, is there even a CAI coming or not? What's the verdict??? Can someone message GM and find out. I feel like we deserve a bit of information and GM is slacking.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:01 PM   #33
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
I asked GM a while back and got ZERO info out of them.

I ordered my cold air inductions intake yesterday from Summit and it is due to be delivered tomorrow. (for Greasemonkey83)
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:11 PM   #34
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
My opinion may be worthless to some.
But when I see a hood popped open on a 5th Gen. 8 times out of 10 it is a Roto-Fab.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:13 AM   #35

Drives: I have a bike.
GM, this is not right...
233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:34 AM   #36
Bosun68
One El E

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE M6
So all the hype about this CAI from SEMA is just window dressing? What's next to go out the door that we've been looking forward to from SEMA?
Old 06-11-2016, 12:47 PM   #37
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
Tail lights is my bet. So disappointed in GM. All hype like a snake oil salesman!
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:48 PM   #38
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
My opinion may be worthless to some.
But when I see a hood popped open on a 5th Gen. 8 times out of 10 it is a Roto-Fab.
That means a lot to us! It's always fun to see one of our systems "out in the wild"
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 05:38 AM   #39
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
The "GM" cold air really did look like the Cold Air Inductions product. We have one installed and it is a really good fit and excellent product. If I ever worry about warranty, the car can be changed back to stock in 15 mins. With Mishimoto and Rotofab also offering great products, I'm not sure we need the GM kit.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:34 AM   #40
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
I'm betting they heard all the bitchin and complaints so they decided not to sell them.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:43 AM   #41
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
There are 2 things about the GM intake that are great. 1: Technically speaking, no warranty issues. 2: CARB certified, so it can be sold to Cali and other freedom hating States.

About #1. Will an intake cause an issue? Unlikely, especially from well known companies... But somehow it does, you have no warranty covering the intake nor the damage caused by it. It is a "risk" you take by not going with GM performance and someone people don't.

About #2. Without CARB cert, you cannot sell products due it being illega to at least Cali. Like intakes, catless exhaust parts, superchargers...

Who knows why GM pulled the intake... No manufacturer, let alone GM will ever explain why. So all we can do is guess...
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:09 AM   #42
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
There are 2 things about the GM intake that are great. 1: Technically speaking, no warranty issues. 2: CARB certified, so it can be sold to Cali and other freedom hating States.

About #1. Will an intake cause an issue? Unlikely, especially from well known companies... But somehow it does, you have no warranty covering the intake nor the damage caused by it. It is a "risk" you take by not going with GM performance and someone people don't.

About #2. Without CARB cert, you cannot sell products due it being illega to at least Cali. Like intakes, catless exhaust parts, superchargers...

Who knows why GM pulled the intake... No manufacturer, let alone GM will ever explain why. So all we can do is guess...
Who knows, perhaps it will be up later. My state has their own laws and regulations and it's a pain :(
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote