Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-16-2021, 09:20 PM   #323
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Feel for you guys. Best of luck on this!
Old 06-18-2021, 08:22 AM   #324
Autosenses

Drives: MK7GTI, 21 Traverse
Send a message via AIM to Autosenses
Any updates?

I really don't want to annoy my saleswoman/dealer. They are nice people and are currently struggling with their own careers/livelihood due to the ZERO inventory to sell. I find it inappropriate to keep emailing her asking about my own selfish needs.

Those camaros we saw in pictures in limbo waiting to be shipped, should they be hitting dealers this summer?
Autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:30 AM   #325

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
This is the latest I've heard....Good luck.

https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/...n/0603-gm.html

GM to Increase Vehicle Deliveries to Customers in U.S., Canada

GM expects its first-half results will be significantly better than prior guidance and the company is optimistic about the full year

2021-06-03

DETROIT – Today, General Motors outlined steps it is taking to increase deliveries to dealers and customers in the United States and Canada to meet strong consumer demand for Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles.

Production of the Chevrolet Silverado HD and GMC Sierra HD full-size pickups will increase by about 1,000 trucks per month beginning in mid-July as a result of production line efficiencies delivered by the team at Flint Assembly in Michigan.
Shipments of Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon mid-size pickups built at Wentzville Assembly in Missouri will increase by about 30,000 total units from mid-May through the week of July 5 as the team completes dynamic vehicle testing on units held at the plant due to semiconductor supply disruptions.
Smaller volumes of vehicles held at other plants also will complete dynamic vehicle testing and ship to dealers during June and July.
U.S. assembly plants that build GM’s most capacity-constrained products will not take any dedicated vacation downtime this summer.
As announced in May, GM will return full-size pickup production to Oshawa Assembly in Canada during the fourth quarter of 2021. The new accelerated timeline and incremental volume are expected to make an impact in 2022, as production ramps up.

As a result of GM’s ongoing efforts to prioritize semiconductor usage, its success engineering solutions that maximize the utilization of chips as well as the pull-ahead of some projected semiconductor deliveries into the second quarter, the company now expects its first-half financial results to be significantly better than the first-half guidance previously provided. GM is optimistic about the full year and expects to share additional information during its second-quarter earnings conference call on Aug. 4. GM Chair and CEO Mary Barra and Chief Financial Officer Paul Jacobson will also participate in a Virtual Fireside Chat with Credit Suisse today, beginning at 1 p.m. EDT.

“The global semiconductor shortage remains complex and very fluid, but the speed, agility and commitment of our team, including our dealers, has helped us find creative ways to satisfy customers,” said Phil Kienle, GM vice president, North America Manufacturing and Labor Relations. “Customer demand continues to be very strong, and GM’s engineering, supply chain and manufacturing teams have done a remarkable job maximizing production of high-demand and capacity-constrained vehicles.”

Production at certain manufacturing facilities in North America, Asia and South America will continue to be impacted by the global semiconductor shortage through June and July. As global semiconductor supply recovers, the company expects to implement similar actions in markets around the world to resume production and increase deliveries to dealers through the second half of the year. GM continues to work with its suppliers and policy leaders to develop long-term solutions to the semiconductor supply issues that have impacted all automakers.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:50 AM   #326
JitteryJoe

Drives: 21' LTI, '18 Traverse, '15 Mazda 6
So in other words expect all kinds of problems with these cars due to "engineering solutions that maximize the utilization of chips"
JitteryJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:50 AM   #327
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JitteryJoe View Post
So in other words expect all kinds of problems with these cars due to "engineering solutions that maximize the utilization of chips"
Not at all. All it means is that they've made certain options un-orderable and done away with features like auto start/stop and dynamic fuel management cylinder deactivation. You won't see problems with these cars because of that.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 05:05 PM   #328
WS6ADDICT

Drives: 85IROC-94Z-81Z2-2018 Vert 2002 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JitteryJoe View Post
This is one of their answers, and it is correct.
The other "help" that is on the way is the use of chips that are not suitable for automotive use...in other words, not vibration proof and not moisture proof. It's better to ship the vehicle and warranty it when it quits, as to wait 1 to 2 years for the correct chips.
I have people ask all the time "where did the chips go??".
Simply, robot vacuums, home security systems, fridges that tell your phone to get milk, the huge stadium sized buildings that are i-cloud storage, heck even plug in air fresheners have microchips in em too.
Face it folks, the chips are in new usages, and the automakers need to find a new source.
Simple fact, it takes 3 years to build a microchip factory. Taiwan broke ground in WA state in January.
You're just gonna hafta wait....a long time......
There will be small percentages gained by dropping AFM and Auto-stop, but it's a drop in the bucket.
WS6ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 06:48 AM   #329
Autosenses

anyone have info or see Camaros getting shipped from their storage lots?
Old 06-21-2021, 08:16 AM   #330
CHerna

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
https://www.wlns.com/news/michigan/g...-a-week-early/

Lansing GR is back to work building Camaros only. Good news.

Previous: Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 12:44 PM   #331
silverboost98

Drives: Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHerna View Post

I really hope this means the dealer ordered Camaro I have a deposit on gets finished and shipped out. It's been built since mid-March, but held up in the chip shortage.
silverboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 02:55 PM   #332
Autosenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHerna View Post

I love that you have 2 cars ordered and which ever comes first you'll take. lol awesome.

I hope production is continuous...last month it closed after 1 day.
Old 06-21-2021, 10:38 PM   #333
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
How can you have two cars ordered at the same time? Don't they require a down payment on each of them? If so then it must be refundable unlike Dodge and Ford at the moment.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 06:06 AM   #334
CHerna

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1ce View Post
I love that you have 2 cars ordered and which ever comes first you'll take. lol awesome.

I hope production is continuous...last month it closed after 1 day.
Yeah, it's sort of a ridiculous situation, but it is what it is. The '21 still has a chance since '21 MY got extended, assuming more allocations will be given. Worst case, GM drops the '21 order and the '22 get produced when the time comes.

I believe last month when the plant opened up, it was to get some Blackwing cars produced for employees and some to display at the Detroit GP. They also buttoned up some unfinished cars that needed microprocessors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat View Post
How can you have two cars ordered at the same time? Don't they require a down payment on each of them? If so then it must be refundable unlike Dodge and Ford at the moment.
Both of my orders are still preliminary, yet to receive allocation for production. If the '21 order makes it through, they '22 order will be dropped. If GM drops my order for the '21, then the '22 is there when the time comes.

Old 06-22-2021, 12:53 PM   #335
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
FYI, 2021 build-out and 2022 start-up information sent to us today shows that 2021 Camaro ordering is now complete. Build-out for 2021 is 8/16/21. Start-up for 2022 production is 8/17/21 and first dealer allocations can be placed on 7/29/21.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 01:24 PM   #336
CHerna

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
FYI, 2021 build-out and 2022 start-up information sent to us today shows that 2021 Camaro ordering is now complete. Build-out for 2021 is 8/16/21. Start-up for 2022 production is 8/17/21 and first dealer allocations can be placed on 7/29/21.
Thanks for the update. I just spoke with Joe over the phone who relayed the same message. '22 Rapid Blue it is!