Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 01-20-2022, 10:31 PM   #29
MightyBobo

Drives: 2022 VOM 2SS 1LE M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Nice. When my LS1 blew up I went with a completely forged TMS 370 LQ9. Texas Speed heads, big cam, 4.10 gear, 150 shot, etc.. Funny you mention the 370Z. That was one of the cars I was considering when I was shopping and ended up with my 2018 V6 Camaro
370Z was a really fat 2-seater. I'd rather have the Camaro any day, now that I owned one. They didn't change that car almost at ALL for 11 years.

20211120 - 1100 --- 20211207 - 2500
20211208 - 3000 (TPW: was 20220103, now 20220124)
20211220 - 3400 (TPW: 20220110)
20220114 - 3800 --- 20220122 - 4300 (1LE Wrap Shuffle)
20220125 - 4B00 --- 20220129 - 4200 (Shipped! ETA: 20220223)
20220212 - 4800 --- 20220216 - 6000!

2024 Silverado EV RST First Edition on reserve, as well.
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:36 AM   #30
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
Heated seats and steering wheel is really nice. The cooled seats are actually air conditioned and not ventilated. Gets really nice and cool. Love that. One thing I don't like is the seats don't go low enough. That wasn't a problem in the Camaro. The Revel Ultima stereo in this car is just nuts. Way better than the Bose in the Camaro. So many pros vs cons that I hardly miss the Camaro now

Glad to see you're still enjoying the MKZ! Yeah I'm loving the heated seats and steering wheel this winter.

Unfortunately my Stinger got totaled in an accident late last month. :-/

Was on a small 2 lane road leaving my job, and someone in the oncoming traffic lane lost control of her pickup truck and slid sideways into my lane. She hit my car at the front, and the damage was extensive enough to total it. I was so pissed. The road was damp, and there was a slightly drizzle of rain, but I don't know know how she lost so much control of her vehicle. The police report says she hydroplaned and lost control when she over corrected.

I literally just got a new Stinger on Saturday, so I'm breaking it in now. Ended up getting the next trim level up, since it's hard to find locally in my old trim level. New trim has some nice features that I didn't have before--ventilated seats, HUD, better sound system, electronic controlled suspension, Nappa leather, etc.

I briefly thought about getting a different car, but I only had the previous Stinger for like 7 months. Wasn't ready to give it up yet lol.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:53 AM   #31
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
Glad to see you're still enjoying the MKZ! Yeah I'm loving the heated seats and steering wheel this winter.

Unfortunately my Stinger got totaled in an accident late last month. :-/

Was on a small 2 lane road leaving my job, and someone in the oncoming traffic lane lost control of her pickup truck and slid sideways into my lane. She hit my car at the front, and the damage was extensive enough to total it. I was so pissed. The road was damp, and there was a slightly drizzle of rain, but I don't know know how she lost so much control of her vehicle. The police report says she hydroplaned and lost control when she over corrected.

I literally just got a new Stinger on Saturday, so I'm breaking it in now. Ended up getting the next trim level up, since it's hard to find locally in my old trim level. New trim has some nice features that I didn't have before--ventilated seats, HUD, better sound system, electronic controlled suspension, Nappa leather, etc.

I briefly thought about getting a different car, but I only had the previous Stinger for like 7 months. Wasn't ready to give it up yet lol.
Damn sorry to hear that! Sounds like you made out pretty well though considering the circumstances. So is this a GT2 Stinger?
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 01:51 PM   #32
Malbjey

Quote:
Damn sorry to hear that! Sounds like you made out pretty well though considering the circumstances. So is this a GT2 Stinger?

Yep I made it out fine. Was a little sore just the day after, but that went away quick. My steering wheel and lower (knee/pedal area?) airbags went off. I barely felt the steering wheel airbag hit my face. It was like someone below a napkin on my face lol.

So the felt impact in the car wasn't bad at all. If anything it felt no worse than a bumper car. The damage looked way worse than what I actually felt.

Yeah the new car is a GT2 Stinger.
Old 01-25-2022, 03:18 PM   #33
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Yep I made it out fine. Was a little sore just the day after, but that went away quick. My steering wheel and lower (knee/pedal area?) airbags went off. I barely felt the steering wheel airbag hit my face. It was like someone below a napkin on my face lol.

So the felt impact in the car wasn't bad at all. If anything it felt no worse than a bumper car. The damage looked way worse than what I actually felt.

Yeah the new car is a GT2 Stinger.
Wow that's crazy. And to think on top of all that you got a nicer car as a result lol.

Yeah mine is totally loaded as well...massaging seats, multiple color ambient lighting throughout the car, self parking feature, heated and rain sensing wipers, etc...just to name a few. Never thought I'd really like this kind of stuff until I had it lol
Old 01-25-2022, 06:12 PM   #34
Malbjey

Quote:
Wow that's crazy. And to think on top of all that you got a nicer car as a result lol.

Yeah mine is totally loaded as well...massaging seats, multiple color ambient lighting throughout the car, self parking feature, heated and rain sensing wipers, etc...just to name a few. Never thought I'd really like this kind of stuff until I had it lol

Yeah man you're has even more good stuff than mine! That's awesome.

I'm in the same boat. Never thought I'd want all this stuff until I had it. Now I'm going to be really picky whenever its time for me to replace the car years from now. I'm gonna be too spoiled
Old 01-26-2022, 09:04 AM   #35
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Yeah man you're has even more good stuff than mine! That's awesome.

I'm in the same boat. Never thought I'd want all this stuff until I had it. Now I'm going to be really picky whenever its time for me to replace the car years from now. I'm gonna be too spoiled
Yep we've set the bar pretty high now lol. To be totally honest the ONLY reason I bought this car was because of the insane depreciation. A 60k car for 28k with low miles and great condition. Hell a year ago this same car would have been more like around 24k. The chip shortage and economy have really messed things up. Otherwise I wouldn't even give it a second thought. From what I'm seeing those Stingers seem to be holding their value pretty well, which will be be great for you when it comes time to sell.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:42 AM   #36
Malbjey

Quote:
Yep we've set the bar pretty high now lol. To be totally honest the ONLY reason I bought this car was because of the insane depreciation. A 60k car for 28k with low miles and great condition. Hell a year ago this same car would have been more like around 24k. The chip shortage and economy have really messed things up. Otherwise I wouldn't even give it a second thought. From what I'm seeing those Stingers seem to be holding their value pretty well, which will be be great for you when it comes time to sell.

That was definitely a hell of a deal!

I'll be interested to see how the Stinger pans out in the future. Part of me wants to keep it a loooooonngggg time in case it becomes some sought after car for aftermarket tuners, similar to many 90s Japanese cars are going up in value. Or everyone may transition to EVs, leaving ICE tuners in the past. We'll see!
Old 01-26-2022, 06:12 PM   #37
HCI2000SS

Quote:
That was definitely a hell of a deal!

I'll be interested to see how the Stinger pans out in the future. Part of me wants to keep it a loooooonngggg time in case it becomes some sought after car for aftermarket tuners, similar to many 90s Japanese cars are going up in value. Or everyone may transition to EVs, leaving ICE tuners in the past. We'll see!
I hear ya man. So are you driving the Stinger all year in that PA weather? I just took the MKZ though our first big snow storm here in MI, and was very impressed. Even with UHP all seasons it did phenomenally well. Better than the Camaro with Bizzaks in straight line traction, and very similar terms of sterring and stopping. Very impressive considering the tire difference
Old 01-26-2022, 07:05 PM   #38
Malbjey

Quote:
I hear ya man. So are you driving the Stinger all year in that PA weather? I just took the MKZ though our first big snow storm here in MI, and was very impressed. Even with UHP all seasons it did phenomenally well. Better than the Camaro with Bizzaks in straight line traction, and very similar terms of sterring and stopping. Very impressive considering the tire difference

I haven't been ready to brave the snowy roads in the new car yet. I haven't restored my trust in other drivers since the accident lol. I'm only driving when I know the roads have been plowed and treated. My paranoia my eventually subside, but not yet.

This winter I'm sticking with the all seasons that came on the car, but I do want to test them out in some snow to see if I need dedicated winter tires.

The biggest issue in the Pittsburgh region is that we have a TON of hills. I'm more concerned about sliding down a hill than driving up it. The AWD should help a ton when going up our hills, but winter tires will be the only help when driving down. So I may end up purchasing a set a winter tires/wheels eventually. Not this winter though, especially since I'm mostly working from home.

I had Blizzaks on my Camaro as well and I still ran into a few instances of white knuckle driving when trying to go up hills in previous winters. Otherwise it was fine.

If I get winter tires on the Stinger it will likely be Blizzaks again.
Old 01-26-2022, 07:20 PM   #39
HCI2000SS

Quote:
I haven't been ready to brave the snowy roads in the new car yet. I haven't restored my trust in other drivers since the accident lol. I'm only driving when I know the roads have been plowed and treated. My paranoia my eventually subside, but not yet.

This winter I'm sticking with the all seasons that came on the car, but I do want to test them out in some snow to see if I need dedicated winter tires.

The biggest issue in the Pittsburgh region is that we have a TON of hills. I'm more concerned about sliding down a hill than driving up it. The AWD should help a ton when going up our hills, but winter tires will be the only help when driving down. So I may end up purchasing a set a winter tires/wheels eventually. Not this winter though, especially since I'm mostly working from home.

I had Blizzaks on my Camaro as well and I still ran into a few instances of white knuckle driving when trying to go up hills in previous winters. Otherwise it was fine.

If I get winter tires on the Stinger it will likely be Blizzaks again.
Oh yeah I've been in that area before, the hills definitely would make it harder for sure. That's where AWD shines...straight line traction. A lot of people assume it's the same with steering and stopping as well. Obviously not so lol