Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-28-2022, 12:03 PM   #43
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Joe is the reason i bought my Camaro

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 01:31 PM   #44
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
I like the new Z and am glad Nissan is making it. I wouldn't take it over a new Camaro though.
Even if the new Camaro is a full EV sedan?
Old 04-28-2022, 03:48 PM   #45
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
Even if the new Camaro is a full EV sedan?

What if they turn it into an SUV?
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 04:55 PM   #46
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i wouldnt be surprised to discover that after 2023 its only competition will be the mustang,at which point nissan would be a clear winner,cant abide the catfish grille on the stang.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 05:48 PM   #47
GXP08jrf

Drives: 2016 1LT 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post

Not to mention this guy is full of it. When he shows that shallow, narrow trunk (yes the opening is bigger) and claims it has more space than the Camaro? Clearly BS.
The wife and I take our 5-year-old out for ice cream in our '16 Camaro convertible. Did the same in our 4th gen too. Pretty sure this isn't happening in the Z.

Sure, the rear seat of the Camaro is frequently mocked on these pages, but there's surprisingly more room back there (for smaller people) than it's given credit for. When I told the sales guy that I wanted to take an extended drive with a car seat in the back and see how the kid reacted, a lot of his dealership buddies lost a bet that I wouldn't be back to make a purchase...
GXP08jrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:54 PM   #48
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
i wouldnt be surprised to discover that after 2023 its only competition will be the mustang,at which point nissan would be a clear winner,cant abide the catfish grille on the stang.
Dodge will have their new inline sixes to compete. One thing is for sure though and it's that the writing is on the wall for V8s in general so if you don't have one now might want to think about getting one soon.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 11:15 PM   #49
Casper the friendly G
Account Suspended

Drives: 17' Chevy Kamaro SS 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Then you just turn up the boost on the Z problem solved.

Add a Cam in the SS...no problem. Add a Super charger...problem solved.
Casper the friendly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 01:04 AM   #50
Puddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper the friendly G View Post
Add a Cam in the SS...no problem. Add a Super charger...problem solved.
Keep doing the the same for the Z. See how this goes?There's always been a replacement for displacement even the 5.0 proves that. Our cars do ok with boost to a point but there are several better options.
Old 04-29-2022, 02:21 AM   #51
zxspeedspec
Banned

Drives: Faster than yours
Quote:
Keep doing the the same for the Z. See how this goes?There's always been a replacement for displacement even the 5.0 proves that. Our cars do ok with boost to a point but there are several better options.
Not to mention the idiots who just slap a blower on the LT1 and not expect cooling issues. Good job spending $10k to go a little bit faster for 30 seconds at a time.

They couldn't even heat the LT1 from heatsoaking the A8 transmission in the C7. You really think SS has any better cooling asides from a larger engine bay? There's probably only high single digit, maybe low double digit blown SS's out there that can survive a 20 minute track session. All the rest are just kid's toys.
zxspeedspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 04:07 AM   #52
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxspeedspec View Post
Not to mention the idiots who just slap a blower on the LT1 and not expect cooling issues. Good job spending $10k to go a little bit faster for 30 seconds at a time.

They couldn't even heat the LT1 from heatsoaking the A8 transmission in the C7. You really think SS has any better cooling asides from a larger engine bay? There's probably only high single digit, maybe low double digit blown SS's out there that can survive a 20 minute track session. All the rest are just kid's toys.
Then go pick up a new Z and put your money where your mouths are. You will quickly come to learn that a "properly" supercharged LT1 will not be so easily overtaken by your almighty Z. Wouldnt be surprised if it took $15K+ in modifications to squeeze an extra 200 rwhp out of a new Z.

Last edited by LT1ornothing; 04-29-2022 at 04:31 AM.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 05:04 AM   #53
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Anyone here remember Franco Columbu? He was a friend of Arnold Schwarzenegger. He and Arnold were bodybuilding competitors in the 60s and 70s.

Arnold is relatively tall for a bodybuilder at 6'2". Franco OTH, was only 5'5".

They both did some serious lifting and used some serious steroids. They took their basic genetic potential and blew it up as far as they could.

Franco never beat Arnold. It's hard to overcome a 9 inch height differential and a frame that was designed to carry hundreds of lbs less muscle no matter how many reps you do and how much juice you shoot into your body.

The same holds true for this Z. It starts out with a huge disadvantage, and if spending dollar for dollar you're not going to be able to overcome that disadvantage just as Franco never could.

All else equal, 6.2 beats 3.5
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 05:15 AM   #54
LT1ornothing

[QUOTE=Wyzz Kydd;11167382]Anyone here remember Franco Columbu? He was a friend of Arnold Schwarzenegger. He and Arnold were bodybuilding competitors in the 60s and 70s.

Arnold is relatively tall for a bodybuilder at 6'2". Franco OTH, was only 5'5".

They both did some serious lifting and used some serious steroids. They took their basic genetic potential and blew it up as far as they could.

Franco never beat Arnold. It's hard to overcome a 9 inch height differential and a frame that was designed to carry hundreds of lbs less muscle no matter how many reps you do and how much juice you shoot into your body.

The same holds true for this Z. It starts out with a huge disadvantage, and if spending dollar for dollar you're not going to be able to overcome that disadvantage just as Franco never could.

All else equal, 6.2 beats 3.5[/QUOTE]

3.0 in this case, but I get where you are coming from. Don't get me wrong, the VR30 in the new Z is a great engine. These cars WILL be putting down 500rwhp+ with bolt ons and a tune. But that is basically where the fun ends until you open your wallet up wide open for a full build.
Old 04-29-2022, 05:17 AM   #55
Puddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Then go pick up a new Z and put your money where your mouths are. You will quickly come to learn that a "properly" supercharged LT1 will not be so easily overtaken by your almighty Z. Wouldnt be surprised if it took $15K+ in modifications to squeeze an extra 200 rwhp out of a new Z.
And it doesn't take that much to get 200hp out our Camaros? Get real man. All the big pd blowers are above what 8k now. Prochargers are just as expensive at this point . The only "cheap" blowers out there are somebody's hand me down Lt4 and the Ecs kit which is now 6.5k I believe. That's not including labor + all your "proper" supercharging add ons( intake, e85, headers, fueling). I guess all the Zl1/ss cars i seen during TX2k getting dog walked by other domestics and imports weren't properly set up either. Don't get mad our cars aren't invincible. With no future for the Camaro other than an electric version there will be plenty of new cars walk by us or your "properly built" supercharged car.
Old 04-29-2022, 05:30 AM   #56
LT1ornothing

Quote:
And it doesn't take that much to get 200hp out our Camaros? Get real man. All the big pd blowers are above what 8k now. Prochargers are just as expensive at this point . The only "cheap" blowers out there are somebody's hand me down Lt4 and the Ecs kit which is now 6.5k I believe. That's not including labor + all your "proper" supercharging add ons( intake, e85, headers, fueling). I guess all the Zl1/ss cars i seen during TX2k getting dog walked by other domestics and imports weren't properly set up either. Don't get mad our cars aren't invincible. With no future for the Camaro other than an electric version there will be plenty of new cars walk by us or your "properly built" supercharged car.
Never said camaros on blower were invincible, but you will have a hard time finding another new $35Kish car that you can bolt on a blower to for a relatively cheap amount. Other than a mustang gt with a blower, no other new cars are running down an LT1 with a bolt on blower at this price point.