Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-24-2020, 03:52 AM   #43
Jbanta1983

Drives: 2019 2ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
Yep - we all get it. If it's not a Maggie its garbage.
Hahahaha
Jbanta1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:59 AM   #44
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Correct, I was pointing out the trap speed didn't match the HP. These are all good blowers and we have our preferences, mines a Maggie but not putting down any of the others. Congrats on your choice of the Whipple. Dork you'll get your combo worked out and maybe get to that 800, it has the potential. I've found the Wallace calculator to be pretty dam close to all the HP/ET/MPH/Weight that he allows you to enter and usually very close. Didn't mean to insult you Dork. Hopefully its all good.
I did want to add one more thing since I noticed you took it that I was trashing any blower that wasn't a Magnuson but I never mentioned the type of blower you were running and I would have questioned someone with a Maggie also. Sorry we hijacked your post.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff

Last edited by laynlo15; 05-24-2020 at 07:40 AM.
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:48 AM   #45
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
When the sun goes down - though this forum is full of good people with their best intentions, but spread a bunch of mid-information

The vast majority of the info here on any of the Vortech or ECS kits is wrong. They get thrown in with the ProChargers and their short comings as it is a “centrifugal”. Where as in the end it is a much higher quality, better performing option.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:05 AM   #46
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
I still wish the Vortech unit was louder...they apparently have a louder gear option now .. waiting on Chris to get back to me to see if it's something that can be swapped out
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:13 AM   #47
RageWorx

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 Camaro with MRC and NPP
ECS kit here and its been great (I was the first! 6th gen ECS test car for this kit) and I've trapped 129 mph and ran 10s on Only 5.5 psi ... so I'd say that's rather efficient power ! ..... so yeah the performance is definitely there with the ECS kit and it doesn't suck LOL.

But as other forum members have posted there are many ways to skin a cat with boost on these 6th gens pick your Poison !

I agree besides myself and a few others on here there hasn't been a Ton of info (correct or not) on the ECS/Paxton or Vortech kits for the 6th gen and it does have its advantages .... You mostly see the Big Boy Names like Procharger, Maggie, and Whipple (I know theres the Eforce too not really a fan) ..... however that certainly doesn't mean the kit isn't good because I can assure you it IS!. If anyone has any questions regarding the ECS kit I can help and DorkMissle seems to have done alot of research on it also. Just trying to help where I can.

-Jon
2016 HB Camaro 1SS A8 with MRC and NPP 398rwhp/389tq stock #s(11.84 @ 117 DR only, ECS boost 550rwhp/510tq (dynapack #s) , same boost + AEM water/meth + ARH Headers/mids 600 rwhp+ (dynojet #s) TTP)10.8 @ 129.
2020 Ford Explorer
2003 SVT Cobra Coupe (just your average KB Terminator Cobra).
2013 Focus ST (e30 Tuned).
2004 Dodge 3500 Cummins Dually 6 spd manual (tow rig).
1997 Jeep Cherokee (Lifted and Locked XJ off-road rig).
RageWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:25 AM   #48
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Dork you are correct and I must say I've not had any other then a PD but I think there is still plenty left in your setup. I actually like the way they sound as the Magnuson's are pretty quiet, the only ones that make any noise are the 2650 jackshafts, they are crazy loud for sure but not offered in the Di motors. If you go over to the Corvette forum the ECS and Vortech are very popular and maybe a few Prochargers. So we are all lucky to have as many options and as pointed out you can pick your poison.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:06 PM   #49
Jbanta1983

Drives: 2019 2ss 1LE
Quote:
When the sun goes down - though this forum is full of good people with their best intentions, but spread a bunch of mid-information

The vast majority of the info here on any of the Vortech or ECS kits is wrong. They get thrown in with the ProChargers and their short comings as it is a “centrifugal”. Where as in the end it is a much higher quality, better performing option.
How exactly is it higher quality?? My procharger seems top notch in every aspect. Not trying to argue but are you being bias cause of what you have. I heard the vortech pulley system is terrible?
Jbanta1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:30 AM   #50
DorkMissile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbanta1983 View Post
How exactly is it higher quality?? My procharger seems top notch in every aspect. Not trying to argue but are you being bias cause of what you have. I heard the vortech pulley system is terrible?
My point exactly "I heard"

The Vortech setup is a more simple, yet more effective solution as far as the drive system goes. Much less problems with slip (I considered a D1SC, but didn't

As far as the kits - as mentioned earlier, for one to get the same results on paper as the ECS, you would have to buy the upgraded air-to-air IC, blow off valve, & D1SC blower to be on spec with the ECS. If you want to take that setup past 10lbs, you will more than likely need to upgrade to a 8-rib drive system.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:48 AM   #51
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
My point exactly "I heard"

The Vortech setup is a more simple, yet more effective solution as far as the drive system goes. Much less problems with slip (I considered a D1SC, but didn't

As far as the kits - as mentioned earlier, for one to get the same results on paper as the ECS, you would have to buy the upgraded air-to-air IC, blow off valve, & D1SC blower to be on spec with the ECS. If you want to take that setup past 10lbs, you will more than likely need to upgrade to a 8-rib drive system.
Trying to understand why you would claim that the Vortech drive system has much less problems with slip than the Procharger does? You are already having slippage problems in the 700s hp area with the Vortech system, and it seems that the Procharger users have been able to exceed that, and no I am not really talking about the F1 here, talking about the normal kits P1/D1. If by 'more simple', you meant that the Vortech drive was easier to install than the Procharger drive, then I would agree with that point. However, that easier install carries a price, driving off of the normal serpentine belt system, instead of having it's own dedicated belt.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:12 AM   #52
DorkMissile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Trying to understand why you would claim that the Vortech drive system has much less problems with slip than the Procharger does? You are already having slippage problems in the 700s hp area with the Vortech system, and it seems that the Procharger users have been able to exceed that, and no I am not really talking about the F1 here, talking about the normal kits P1/D1. If by 'more simple', you meant that the Vortech drive was easier to install than the Procharger drive, then I would agree with that point. However, that easier install carries a price, driving off of the normal serpentine belt system, instead of having it's own dedicated belt.
Yea at 13lbs I started to get slip, but I am also overdriving the blower to a rpm past it's max rating. With impeller speed comes more opportunity to slip, earlier. It was also with a 12,000 mile belt and a 16,000 mile tensioner. Replaced both and it was good to go (the GM tensioners are known to not have a long life)

The Vortech drive with a 6 rib belt has more contact area than the 8 rib P/C setup, as the pulley is larger in diameter and has more belt wrap as it goes past 180 degrees. It also doesn't use the wanky pulley adapter that wedges into the windows on the stock balancer to drive it. Known by several here to fail, loosen up, fall off etc......